School Bus Accident Park Hall Road

MMDad

Lem Putt
Then the bus drive would DEFINITELY be at fault, no question.

Sounds like we don't even need the cops. Bob saw a picture, and has found the driver guilty. No doubt about it.

So Bob, what if there was a mechanical failure? What if a kid ran out in the road and the driver swerved to avoid? What if a kid grabbed the wheel?

You don't know anything about what happened, but here you are deciding guilt.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Im thinking a seed popped and burned her lap area causing her to pull to the right, when the buss bounced of the lip of the road it caused her Vodka bottle to roll and lodge under the brake preventing her from stopping...

And the cop stopped them and asked.. "Where's the fire BOY!??"

To which the driver replied.. "I don't KNOW!!"

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Sounds like we don't even need the cops. Bob saw a picture, and has found the driver guilty. No doubt about it.

So Bob, what if there was a mechanical failure? What if a kid ran out in the road and the driver swerved to avoid? What if a kid grabbed the wheel?

They gave a scenario.. I don't remember their scenario mentioning a kid grabbing the wheel, or a kid jumping in front of the bus.. I do however, recall their scenario being.. "They swerved to miss a deer"..

Who would you say, oh genius one, would be at fault in THAT particular scenario?? Risking kids lives to protect a friggin deer?

terbear1225

They gave a scenario.. I don't remember their scenario mentioning a kid grabbing the wheel, or a kid jumping in front of the bus.. I do however, recall their scenario being.. "They swerved to miss a deer"..

Who would you say, oh genius one, would be at fault in THAT particular scenario?? Risking kids lives to protect a friggin deer?

never been in the situation myself but from what I have heard, hitting a deer tends to bring the vehicle to a rather abrupt halt and can do significant damage. I would think that would be a bigger risk to the kids as swerving to avoid it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
never been in the situation myself but from what I have heard, hitting a deer tends to bring the vehicle to a rather abrupt halt and can do significant damage. I would think that would be a bigger risk to the kids as swerving to avoid it.

In a BUS!??

You're kidding right?

You could hit a deer in a bus and you would barely feel it. Kids might freak out over the blood splatter on the windshield, but other than that I doubt any of them would even have been jolted from their sleep.

Hope to christ you're not a busdriver.

bcp

In My Opinion
IM thinking that the abrupt stop would not be an issue with when a 80 deer steps in front of a 12,000 bus.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Well the big thing here is, according to the baynet, there were LIVE power lines ON THE BUS. Thank goodness the kids weren't electrocuted as the hopped out the emergency door! (Here's hoping they stayed on the bus until someone said it was ok to get out!)

Chainsaw Slayer

You can make what if up all day. What if the bus driver swerved off the road to avoid being sucked up by a tracktor beam from an alien space ship.

mingiz

Horse Poor
I travel that road frequently and if your going across it when the buses are running look out.They drive like hell and I have seen some with a cell up to thier ear.The road is curvy,I have almost been run off of the road because of the buses going faster than the set limit and coming around the blind turns on my side of the road.. They just repaved that road and there are no shoulders. If you even catch the edge of it, you'll more than likely will end up in the ditch. No room for error...Bad thing is where the bus went off the road was the straightest part of the road. Bus drivers don't obey speed limits with or without kids aboard

dan0623_2000

I just love these people who constantly talk about how stupid and ignorant the bus drivers are, but they continue to put their little loved ones on it.
Who is really stupid?
You couldn't pay me enough the drive these little holigans around.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You can make what if up all day. What if the bus driver swerved off the road to avoid being sucked up by a tracktor beam from an alien space ship.

I think we should start a pool..

Give us your scenario of what you think happened, whoever is right.. gets something..

Like ban a person of your choice for a week or sumpin..

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
In the last week since the new pavement there have been 3 accidents 2 on the first sharp corner and the bus. the lip from the road 2 the ditch catches the tire and sucks you in. my friend wrecked at about 1:30 this afternoon. on the corner. went a little far 2 the edge and the 2ft ditch sucked him in.

Well the big thing here is, according to the baynet, there were LIVE power lines ON THE BUS. Thank goodness the kids weren't electrocuted as the hopped out the emergency door! (Here's hoping they stayed on the bus until someone said it was ok to get out!)

I kept reading that, but you can clearly see all the power wires are in place at the top of the pole. The only wire near the bus top is a phone or cable line.