School Bus Accident Park Hall Road

bcp

In My Opinion
In the last week since the new pavement there have been 3 accidents 2 on the first sharp corner and the bus. the lip from the road 2 the ditch catches the tire and sucks you in. my friend wrecked at about 1:30 this afternoon. on the corner. went a little far 2 the edge and the 2ft ditch sucked him in.
its easy to have it happen.
In 78 (before most of you were born) I dropped off the right side like that, car started getting pulled down into the wet ditch, I cut hard to the left and pulled it back out, but the tires had been coated with mud, so, at 60 mph the car slides and spins to the left, across the road, off the other side of the road and through a telephone pole with the right door of the car.

These things can happen pretty quick and once the car is in motion, its sometimes real hard to get it back under control before something bad happens.

It just seems that there are an awful lot of accidents down that way. Are the roads seriously over crowded? do people just not pay attention, combination of both? whats up?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I cut hard to the left and pulled it back out, but the tires had been coated with mud, so, at 60 mph the car slides and spins to the left, across the road, off the other side of the road and through a telephone pole with the right door of the car.

That's why I said earlier it's a good thing the bus didn't come back out of the ditch. COuld have been much worse.

I'm not here to put blame on the driver of this bus; I wasn't there either during or after the accident.

But, doesn't it seem rather strange the number of school bus accidents in St. Mary's the past 3-4 years? And, it seems a lot of them do not involve other vehilces. Why might that be? One reason is that many, many, of the school bus drivers here think nothing of driving 15-20mph over the speed limit, either on the highways or residential streets. Think I'm exaggerating? Come through Wildewood some afternoon around 3:45-4:15 and watch 'em roll. Follow them on 235 in the mornings. And by the way Mr. and Ms. School Bus Driver, talking on a cell phone, and smoking on the bus is prohibited, whether you have riders or not!! Don't want to abide by the laws that govern how you're supposed to operate a school bus; then get another job, but don't put mine or my neighbor's children in peril by your lack of responsibility.

I'm not here to put blame on the driver of this bus; I wasn't there either during or after the accident.

But, doesn't it seem rather strange the number of school bus accidents in St. Mary's the past 3-4 years? And, it seems a lot of them do not involve other vehilces. Why might that be? One reason is that many, many, of the school bus drivers here think nothing of driving 15-20mph over the speed limit, either on the highways or residential streets. Think I'm exaggerating? Come through Wildewood some afternoon around 3:45-4:15 and watch 'em roll. Follow them on 235 in the mornings. And by the way Mr. and Ms. School Bus Driver, talking on a cell phone, and smoking on the bus is prohibited, whether you have riders or not!! Don't want to abide by the laws that govern how you're supposed to operate a school bus; then get another job, but don't put mine or my neighbor's children in peril by your lack of responsibility.

I have to agree with that. They leave the school on Maple in Town Creek and BLOW by my house doing well over the speed limit on blind corners and hills.