Singles to Meet?

TripleJ

Now that sounds like an active life to me. When I get home from work I usually roll the stone back in front of the cave, extinguish the flame and go to sleep. I have my son with me today, so, yu gi oh, magic the gatering, stratego, battleship, monopoly, warhammer 40K, probably a walk on the boardwalk, then movies are what I have planned for today. Had to pay the rent this week, so, I'm limited as to what I can do :smile:

joeyinlexpark

Back In Hometown NY
Originally posted by fddog
watch out for the honest ones, so come to hills club in mechanicsville tonight:biggrin:

thats all that is there at the Hills Club, honest (drunk) guys:biggrin: :biggrin: When they say they are drunk, honestly, they are.:cheers:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
But alas, migtig, I do exactly as you prescribe. I try very hard to be proactive in the community, because I believe in this place and the people and try to do what I can to show my love for St. Mary's County. I have volunteered for years for Christmas in April, working with my company who sponsors homes. I have done the Hospice Walk in L'town for the past two years- that event is just about to come up again and I can't wait. I'm not a church-going person - too much of a heathen, I guess. I'm on a neighborhood board. I'm try to organize events (meeting for happy hour, dinners out, dinners in, etc.) that help promote friendship, etc. I invite people over to my home, and I am invited to theirs.

But it seems that statistically, there are far more single women in this area than single men. Is my observation correct?

- BG

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by BadGirl
But it seems that statistically, there are far more single women in this area than single men. Is my observation correct?

I find it highly unlikely.

In fact - God Forbid - if I ever find myself single again, the first thing I'm doing is moving the heck away from here.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by migtig
I counted the guy in the grocery store. :wink: Or was it the guy at Meineke? :ohwell: Now you two have thrown my counting off. Gonna have to take off my shoes....

Ok......so when you hit 20 you take off your shirt, but what do you do after you get past 22?? :confused:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by migtig
:roflmao: Haven't been hit on that many times since I was much much younger, and the guys were much much dumber, and everybody was a heck of a lot drunker. :wink:

Ahhh.....good old liquid courage.........

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Hey Migtig you certainly offer up some great suggestions, and I fully intend to try them out. I certainly don't try to come off as unapproachable, but maybe subliminally I do - this is something that I will definitely work on. My civic activities and my community ties are wonderful, but apparently I'm still doing something wrong. Ordinarily I wouldn't put too much thought into my "singleness", but I have not been in a romantic relationship for just over a year. I should have gone w/ my bro-in-law to the fishing expo 2day - probably tons of guys there.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
But another thing that stops me is the appearance of being desperate & hard up. I guess it's more of a "crossing the line" issue for me. When does being friendly & outgoing evolve into being pushy & obnoxious. Maybe in avoiding puchy, I hold back too much when meeting new guys. Once again, something that I'll have to work on. I think that this discussion has been really positive and provided me with some real/usable tactics to meet & greet men- regardless if it evolves into a romance, but to simply be more friendly & open to situations. Thanks, everyone! -- BG

J

justhangn

Gee BG, I can't imagine why Pete hasn't PM'd you box full yet. :confused:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
As a new user, there is so much to learn.

Relationships of people... who they are.... who they are to each other.....what they do..... etc. Who's a troll, who's not.

Will I ever catch on?