So how did a Islamic mosque get into Calvert County (Southern Maryland Islamic Center)?

Forkian

I would like to think that the FBI would have some "eyes and ears" in that place to watch out for radicalism and terroristic activity. There is no way for us to know, of course.

bilbur

I drive by a lot questioning how did many of the residents allow a mosque to be built in CC. My thinking is there probably was a huge protest, burning Koran's etc... Shootings, Burning crosses etc, before they even had a chance to break ground. I personally have no issue with the masque being there.

My guess is they applied for the proper permits, received the proper zoning, and built the center. You do realize you are in the United States of America right? You know the whole freedom of religion thing, most people realize that doesn't mean freedom of religion as long as it is the same as yours. Most people also realize that to condemn a whole group based on the actions of a few would be ignorant and bigoted. The fact that you created this thread means you have your own bias and think all of the county and its residents are responsible for the actions of a few. Way to combat bigotry by acting like a bigot, well done.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Well there are levels in SoMD.

1. Those that are stupid/racist and do these type of things.
2. Those that will "go along" (group psychology) with those doing those type of things.
3. Those that are stupid/racist, but won't do these type of things, they see people from (1) do it and applaud.
4. Those that feel sorry for 1/2/3.
5. Those that sit on SoMD venting racism, and have vivid dreams of doing things in 1/2/3

It seems you fall under #5.

bilbur

Well there are levels in SoMD.

1. Those that are stupid/racist and do these type of things.
2. Those that will "go along" (group psychology) with those doing those type of things.
3. Those that are stupid/racist, but won't do these type of things, they see people from (1) do it and applaud.
4. Those that feel sorry for 1/2/3.
5. Those that sit on SoMD venting racism, and have vivid dreams of doing things in 1/2/3

I am astonished that a person would live in an area that they have such a low opinion of the residents. I guess you must travel in different circles then me because I cant name even one bigot/racist I associate with. Maybe you are experiencing a self fulfilling prophecy, you are a dick to everyone and when someone calls you on it you shout racism.

Chris0nllyn

I would like to think that the FBI would have some "eyes and ears" in that place to watch out for radicalism and terroristic activity. There is no way for us to know, of course.

Yea. Wonder if they've set up eyes and ears on St. Paul's Episcopal, or Chesapeake Church, or the Jehovah's Witness in Huntingtown.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I drive by a lot questioning how did many of the residents allow a mosque to be built in CC. My thinking is there probably was a huge protest, burning Koran's etc... Shootings, Burning crosses etc, before they even had a chance to break ground. I personally have no issue with the masque being there.

I wish you would just move already. You hate this area, you hate the people who live here, why don't you hit the road and go be somewhere where you'll be happy? Or at least where we won't have to listen to your bitching and insults?

littlelady

God bless the USA
I am sure that the OP is not surprised at the reaction he is getting on this thread. It is like he has a need to be controversial, and stirs it up on purpose when unneccesary. As for the mosque in PF, I am around it all the time because PF is where I shop. I have never given it a second thought. It was interesting to learn of its history today after researching on bing. Also, there are several Middle Eastern owners of businesses I shop at in PF. I find them extremely friendly, professional and accommodating. Also, my hub and I go to docs of ME origin. I have never seen one inkling of problems relating to the Muslim faith in this area. And, in response, to a previous poster, there has been damage done to other buildings, not just that mosque. Have a great day, Step, if you can! :smile:

DannyMotorcycle

I know a few Muslims. they are nice but they are not strict followers. if all Muslims could exist without following the korans instruction to convert people, and especially with the use of force, I could be okay with it, but since it's in the koran, I have a big problem with the religion of submission itself. I don't want my descendants living under Islamic law. there are some evil and barbaric systems of law in the world. death for wearing red. rape because your brother had relations with someone from a higher social class, harmful punishments for not being with a male family member, and don't dare name a teddy bear mohamed as a sign of respect .. oh and of course being punished for being raped... boiling the faces off women. the uncountable atrocities are unimaginable. I know. .. I'm a racist... yea. .. sure. .. whatever. if Muslims would edit the koran and reform it to do away with violence, I could be okay with it... but they won't and so it is the world's biggest death cult. the fact that many don't follow it strictly can never justify it. we need to amend the constitution to say freedom of peaceful religion. I'm against importing people from cultures that have been blowing themselves up and fighting for the last 1200 year

Amused_despair

Steppinthrax, have a Snickers you get really bigoted and full of hate when you are.....nah I bet you are that way even on a full stomach, no Snickers for you

GregV814

guys, just nod to the proverbial victim known as Steppin in it....he's a pathetic victim of racial bigotry....he sees bigotry at every corner...

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
guys, just nod to the proverbial victim known as Steppin in it....he's a pathetic victim of racial bigotry....he sees bigotry at every corner...

Um...

Attachments

• Dats Racist.jpg
    Dats Racist.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 292

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I wish you would just move already. You hate this area, you hate the people who live here, why don't you hit the road and go be somewhere where you'll be happy? Or at least where we won't have to listen to your bitching and insults?

But the internet, like Elvis, is everywhere!

Thank you Mojo Nixon.

officeguy

That mosque has been there since the 80s. The story I heard from a muslim friend is that one of the Calvert hospital doctors operated on Saddams uncle and received a donation in return. Before they built the mosque, they were praying in the back of a convenience store. I don't think the folks from the PF mosque have ever been out converting people. Just a couple of doctors and businessmen who want to have a place to pray.

steppinthrax

I am sure that the OP is not surprised at the reaction he is getting on this thread. It is like he has a need to be controversial, and stirs it up on purpose when unneccesary. As for the mosque in PF, I am around it all the time because PF is where I shop. I have never given it a second thought. It was interesting to learn of its history today after researching on bing. Also, there are several Middle Eastern owners of businesses I shop at in PF. I find them extremely friendly, professional and accommodating. Also, my hub and I go to docs of ME origin. I have never seen one inkling of problems relating to the Muslim faith in this area. And, in response, to a previous poster, there has been damage done to other buildings, not just that mosque. Have a great day, Step, if you can! :smile:

Yep, as long as we ME are severing you as your docs, business owners etc. We are in the green.

LOL