So how did a Islamic mosque get into Calvert County (Southern Maryland Islamic Center)?

BernieP

Resident PIA
To quote Chris Rock: There is no rehab for stupidity.

No meds will overcome bigotry and hate.

well that is true, but some of what was posted made little since, the "green" stuff was weird.
Honestly couldn't figure out where the OP was coming from or headed
Except maybe back to a padded room.

TheLibertonian

Maryland is a pretty major stopping off point for immigrants so we do have a nice mix of various types. And because of the bureaucracy they tend to headhunt anyone with enough skills to be worthy of it, most of the time, regardless of whatever.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Mr. Step, probably doesn't go fishing.
One thing you learn if you can't catch fish with a certain bait or lure, or spot
you change it up.
He keeps trying to catch what he perceives to be the Muslim haters in SOMD. His original post was his first cast. Didn't work, but he keeps using it and doesn't catch any Muslim haters. Then he keeps it up. No fish
He needs to go fishing for Muslim haters in another spot or go blow something up in the name of Allah so people will hate him. Hopefully a suicide bomb with no innocents killed.

BlueOx77

I drive by a lot questioning how did many of the residents allow a mosque to be built in CC. My thinking is there probably was a huge protest, burning Koran's etc... Shootings, Burning crosses etc, before they even had a chance to break ground. I personally have no issue with the masque being there.

This question is idiotic. You might as well ask how did a black church be built in Southern Maryland. I question myself for even wasting my time even responding.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Maryland is a pretty major stopping off point for immigrants so we do have a nice mix of various types. And because of the bureaucracy they tend to headhunt anyone with enough skills to be worthy of it, most of the time, regardless of whatever.

W T F !!!!! are you talking about?
Isn't there a rule against posting drunk?

DannyMotorcycle

I know, several Christians. they are nice but they are not strict followers.

In terms of the rest of your statement, how often does that happen here with Muslims in the United States? In addition, there are several things in the bible that are barbaric, yet people don't follow them. Does this mean Christians are not strict followers of Christianity?

Well let's see... i'd say people are not strict followers of christianity.. i think the bible says soemthing about
wearing gold and or being vain eating pork etc etc however i dont' think the bible says you need to do anything but follow the ten commandments? and i guess most of the christians follow those..

However.. yes we know the majority of muslims are nice, non violent people... but there are a fraction who interpret the koran and believe in the religion of submission... believe they have the right to tax infidels or kill them... and rape them.. believe martyrdom absolves one of sins and gives them 72 wives in heaven.. the koran instructs muslims to convert people... by the word.. and if the word doesnt' work, use the sword..

the problem isnt' with the nice people within islam, the problem is what those nice people ignore, and the "radicals" follow. just because the vast vast vast majority of muslims ignore the calls to conquer doesn't mean islam itself isn't both violent and flawed.. and doesnt' justify islam as being peaceful or nice or whatever flowery thing anyone would want to say.

There is some very horrible and oppressive cultures in the middle east in the name of islam.. I do not want my descendants living under it. Hell they are blowing other muslims up in their own countries.. clearly they have big flaws. i hate the "most muslims are nice" argument.. like that justifies the rest and the rest arent' carrying out deeds based on their islamic beliefs.

BernieP

Resident PIA
When you look at a "religion" by the people who claim to be adherents you are going to find people who live their faith, those that bastardize the faith and those who aren't really adherents but it fits on their life resume.
You deal with individuals on an individual basis, you deal with groups the same way. If they quack like a duck and act like a duck, then you shoot it and eat the damn thing.

slowlane

We have had rash of Protestant suicide bombings over the last decade, true. Oh, wait.....

The Southern MD newspapers did a front-page cover story, I think in February, about the So MD mosques. There's also a mosque in downtown LAPLATA that's been there, maybe 25 or 30 years, it's just a plain-looking building with no ornamentation. Some of the hospital physicians are members there - also Mr. Hamad Matin, a very well-respected trial attorney who grew up in LaPlata and is in Lions Club. The mosque's members join local churches in helping with charitable projects, such as this year's renovation of the abandoned Newburg motel into a halfway-house.

Last edited:

TheLibertonian

W T F !!!!! are you talking about?
Isn't there a rule against posting drunk?

Maryland features a major port and is next to the nationals capital, as well as having a economic system driven by the DoD which requires quite a bit of support. Immigrants from across the world come to maryland to work for the government in DC or as part of the large chain of support for those people in the DoD. The bureaucracy I was referring to is the DoD and all it's contractors.

It is unsurprising that you can find religious houses of worship of varying types in this state, and it's one of the great things about the state.

Erk

So with line of thinking, you'd be okay with the FBI setting up surveillance in, say, gun shops, gun ranges, etc.

You know, because of all those shootings in the past decade.

Never mentioned shootings. "suicide bombings". And you can bet the FBI keeps tabs on gun stores. Which is fine with me.