So the panhandling has started!

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
today i watched a guy pull into a few different pump as someone was pumping gas at the near by one.... :confused:...

THEN.. he pulled up next to me... sat in the van.... kept looking over at me...
and then he said...

you have a few bucks so i can get gas.... I shot him a look and gave a very FIRM ....NO!
he got pissed and said... sorry i asked....

I said .... you should be!

Beta84

They're out to get us
So if you see someone telling the same story over and over again they are telling the truth?

Well aren't you the smart one. Maybe you should give up working and become a douche on the street begging people for money.

All I did was comment on the dumbassery of what was said. That doesn't mean sticking to the same story means it's truthful, but it's far more likely to be truthful than someone CHANGING their story. But obviously it can still be false. Try to keep up.

That reminds me, I read some articles in the past about some panhandlers around Washington DC that make a ton of money off of it and do it as their "jobs". So they're not desperate and it's basically a sham. I can't find that specific article, but here are a couple I found that were similar:

Panhandler Shane Warren Speegle Says He Made $60,000 A Year Begging On Street

Fake panhandler makes $100,000 a year. Scumbag or good businessman?, page 1

FED_UP

Why don't they just issue license to panhandlers so we will know which ones are ligit. Gave some dude money in Waldorf, he was standing in the middle of median with wife and 2 kids, sign said lost job, need to feed family, was he ligit?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
There was a kid (about 11 years old) that was panhandling on a corner just outside of my neighborhood, I saw him every day for quite some time, I also noticed a couple sitting in lawn chairs reading in the grass by the bank parking lot. Once day I drove by and I saw the kid standing with the couple in the bank parking lot. After passing by enough, it was clear to see that those were his parents that put him out on the corner to panhandle while they sat in the shade. They were maybe late 20s early 30s. The sign he was holding said "my family needs help". I thought, yes indeedy they do.

There was a kid (about 11 years old) that was panhandling on a corner just outside of my neighborhood, I saw him every day for quite some time, I also noticed a couple sitting in lawn chairs reading in the grass by the bank parking lot. Once day I drove by and I saw the kid standing with the couple in the bank parking lot. After passing by enough, it was clear to see that those were his parents that put him out on the corner to panhandle while they sat in the shade. They were maybe late 20s early 30s. The sign he was holding said "my family needs help". I thought, yes indeedy they do.

Did you at least tell nomoney "Hi"?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Panhandler at WaWa at Rue Purchase/235 at lunch today. Dude with gnarley teeth in a blue mini van. Creeper.

:twitch:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
They were talking about that while I was in there getting my sammich!

My co-worker and I were there about 1130 and she was out of the truck pumping gas when he hit her up. Her answer, NO!. I guess he was cruising from one gas pump to another asking people for money.

:lmao:

thurley42

HY;FR
My co-worker and I were there about 1130 and she was out of the truck pumping gas when he hit her up. Her answer, NO!. I guess he was cruising from one gas pump to another asking people for money.

That was when I was inside getting my sammich lol

I think it would be great if these businesses get on their loudspeaker and announce, "ATTENTION PLEASE: BEWARE THE PANHANDLER.... BEWARE THE PANHANDLER... SAME STORY DIFFERENT WEEK."

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That was when I was inside getting my sammich lol

We were on our way to Chipotle. She was conderned he was going to follow us. I had to laugh and point out that if he is panhandling for gas (or drug)money, he certainly can't afford a burrito bowl. :lol:

luvmygdaughters

I'm curious, cant the business owners have them removed from the premises?

I mean if I was a business owner and my customers were constantly being bothered by these people, I would inquire what my rights are as far keeping them of the grounds are concerned.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, sure can. I think the Sheetz at Chancellors Run/235 has been noted as calling them in. If you are approached, go tell the manager that it makes you nervous and if they wont take action to discourage it, you will take your business elsewhere.

The Dude

You mean coitus?
We were on our way to Chipotle. She was conderned he was going to follow us. I had to laugh and point out that if he is panhandling for gas (or drug)money, he certainly can't afford a burrito bowl. :lol:

I always hate it when I get conderned about stuff. Makes me uncomfortable...

:howdy:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
One lady tried to Jack me up at Wawa saying she worked on base, left for lunch and forgot her ID and badge, she failed the what BLDG, PMA or Command she worked at Test!!! :coffee:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
One lady tried to Jack me up at Wawa saying she worked on base, left for lunch and forgot her ID and badge, she failed the what BLDG, PMA or Command she worked at Test!!! :coffee:

How would money help? My friend (who was driving) forgot her CAC, so I had to drive her truck to get us back on base. :lol: