Spring Ridge Middle School Student Outside..

wineo

loving life
He could have walked to school you never know... You dont know the facts.. I was stating I thought it was unprofessional and innapproiate for this to happen...

Obviously you dont know what a professional is because you lack quite a few skills in your skillset..

You answered your own question, "You don't know the facts" :diva: so he has to hold a sign up and let them all know he can't act right on the bus.. Poor little Johnny, better this now, then in the newspapers later in years.

jlynnpump

Noob-alicious
I couldn't help but chuckle. While to some parents it may seem an unfit punishment, I'd put money down that he NEVER acts up on the bus again.

I do have to say, if it were my kid I might be a little upset they took punishment to that extent into their own hands. IF they called me and said... we were thinking of doing this, blah blah blah then I would see no problem with it. So with that said, you may not know the agreement between parents and school. Also, it sets an example for all the other children, break the rules pay the price and case closed.

donbarzini

That goes against code of conduct from what I understand...

Unless you can find somewhere in the maryland public school systems that it allows for this. I honestly DOUBT you will find that....

"From what you understand"?. I've read the Charles Cty code of conduct for 11 consecutive years and I didn't see anything in there that would prevent that. I don't imagine that they're that much different until you get to the liberals up in PG and Montgomery.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
he can walk..

I am not on a high horse I am just speaking what I feel is right.. I think doing what they did shouldnt have happend..

Its an opinion just like you have yours...
So punish the parents because the kid couldn't act right, or punish the kid with something that's not even painful?

How do you know he doesn't have after school already? How do you know the kid didn't come up with this punishment himself?

yankee44

I dont see how a school would be okay with this to begin with regardless of what his parents thought.

I have no problem with discpline but I think this is way out of context...

If it makes the little SOB act right on the bus and the other little SOBs that see what happened to him than I say keep up the good work to who ever gave him that punishment.

If we had a little more discipline at home these days it would make the bus drivers and teachers jobs alot easer

HunterJJD

He could have walked to school you never know... You dont know the facts.. I was stating I thought it was unprofessional and innapproiate for this to happen...

Obviously you dont know what a professional is because you lack quite a few skills in your skillset..

It might have nothing to do with the school. His parents could have put him out there. So before you jump the school system you may want to find out the facts before you make MORE false accusation towards people

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Well simply they will have to discpline him better... I have never heard of such, and I am sure parents will be complaining to the school board.

Regardless if his parents wanted him to do that for punishment the school admin should have not allowed it..

Sounds like a good way to discipline the kid. Why should the school interfere with a parent's decision?

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
he can walk..

I am not on a high horse I am just speaking what I feel is right.. I think doing what they did shouldnt have happend..

Its an opinion just like you have yours...

Well think about it this way.... Not only is he made to face up to his misbehavior but all the other kids see it and it also might affect they way they behave now. I say :yahoo: for this punishment.

chess

low 5... hi 5......
So punish the parents because the kid couldn't act right, or punish the kid with something that's not even painful?

How do you know he doesn't have after school already? How do you know the kid didn't come up with this punishment himself?

mv,

why would someone want to be painful in the way you are describing honestly...

Secondly no one does know, I was just stating I thought it was unprofessional..

I honestly doubt a child would want to stand out there for his friends to make fun of him holding a sign... really....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think them standing outside holding a sign up is just a bit to much is what I am getting at.

And I disagree with you. I had a teacher in Jr. High who made us stand in the corner with a duncecap on our head when we acted up in class. You better believe he had the most attentive group of students in that whole school.

This is the same concept.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
mv,

why would someone want to be painful in the way you are describing honestly...

Secondly no one does know, I was just stating I thought it was unprofessional..

I honestly doubt a child would want to stand out there for his friends to make fun of him holding a sign... really....

THAT'S THE POINT!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

:lmao:

Chess, most children don't like whatever punishment they receive for misbehavior. That's the whole point. :lol:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I was just stating I thought it was unprofessional..

You're right.
I'm sure that a touchy-feely professional liberal educator did not come up with the idea for this.
Most likely it was the parent that has to use their leave in order to take their kid to school that thought of it.

chess

low 5... hi 5......
And I disagree with you. I had a teacher in Jr. High who made us stand in the corner with a duncecap on our head when we acted up in class. You better believe he had the most attentive group of students in that whole school.

This is the same concept.

ouch what school did you goto vrai :whistle: