The Bad Fish Closing?!?!

Agee

There are a few locations in SoMD that are the kiss of death - where Bad Fish is is one of them. .

Someone was trying to purchase Badfish recently, but I heard the deal never went anywhere. Too bad, too - the guy wanted to redo the entire place.

That location does seem to have a darl cloud hanging over it. Way back in the day, the food and service were good there.

It's to bad, that location has so much potential and Solomons needs a "change of pace restaurant!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's to bad, that location has so much potential

It really does - I don't understand why a restaurant right on the water, right next to Tiki wouldn't make it, yet ones that are off the beaten path, like Naughty Gull and Captain's Table are still going strong.

We used to go there occasionally when it was....I can't remember the name of it. :lol: But the food was good, there was live entertainment on weekends, and it was very pleasant sitting on that deck overlooking the water. They lasted a few years before they folded.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It also was a Mexican place at one time but the name escapes me.

We used to go there for happy hour all the time.

When I first moved here, it was called Michel's. I know it's been at least 6 different restaurants in the 21 years I've lived here.

USNavyMike

Inside sources told me that Badfish over extended his credit to his vendors and was unable to pay the bills, not to mention unable to pay the worker bee's. Last summer when he tried to keep up with another unnamed club in St. Mary's and had big named concerts it was obvious then that while his idea was a great one, there was no way possible to pull they kind of
$$$ he needed to continue on. I honestly think that hurt him big time and now it shows. I do wish him luck.

The Island as all of us know dies off after September not alot can be done about that. There are still a few places that have live entertainment and a decent over 30s crowd this time of year my favorite is Vera's.

m

K

kris31280

Inside sources told me that Badfish over extended his credit to his vendors and was unable to pay the bills, not to mention unable to pay the worker bee's. Last summer when he tried to keep up with another unnamed club in St. Mary's and had big named concerts it was obvious then that while his idea was a great one, there was no way possible to pull they kind of
$$$ he needed to continue on. I honestly think that hurt him big time and now it shows. I do wish him luck.

The Island as all of us know dies off after September not alot can be done about that. There are still a few places that have live entertainment and a decent over 30s crowd this time of year my favorite is Vera's.

m
I got the story as to what happened when I was in class last night.

It wasn't always packed when I went in there, but there was always a sizeable crowd.

Well, all the bands have been relocated to Catamarans, which I've heard not good things about but I'll go to in effort to show support for local music and the booking agent of the now RIP Bad Fish.

K

kris31280

Can't get into a place with a dress code Kris?
Apparently not... I guess they don't see "slutty" as a fashion statement.

*shakes her head* A girl turns you down once and suddenly you turn in to jerkaholic. I'm sorry I broke your heart snookums, but can we please move on and play nice?

Richard Cranium

Apparently not... I guess they don't see "slutty" as a fashion statement.

*shakes her head* A girl turns you down once and suddenly you turn in to jerkaholic. I'm sorry I broke your heart snookums, but can we please move on and play nice?

You broke my chair and front axle as well....

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I got the story as to what happened when I was in class last night.

It wasn't always packed when I went in there, but there was always a sizeable crowd.

Well, all the bands have been relocated to Catamarans, which I've heard not good things about but I'll go to in effort to show support for local music and the booking agent of the now RIP Bad Fish.

CORRECTION: The bands that are booked have been relocated to Fuzion.