The Bad Fish Closing?!?!

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
which s a dump IMO, I think neptunes would have been a better venue to switch to :shrug:
but at least fusion is only a couple blocks away

Yeah I know someone in a band that played at badfish, I havent talked to him but I am guessing he wont like the change to fuzion.

Foxhound

Finishing last
Rode into the Mediterranean/Italian place over on Solomons (can never remember the name...). Very nice place. We were filthy, sweaty, blue jeans, smelled of exhaust fumes, they welcomed us right in.

DiGiovanis. Great food, a little pricey, classy atmosphere, but not stuck up. I love the place. Just can't afford it too often.

K

kris31280

which s a dump IMO, I think neptunes would have been a better venue to switch to :shrug:
but at least fusion is only a couple blocks away
Well, the guy who's done all the booking at The Bad Fish turned that bar around, I'm sure he can turn around Fuzion too.

E

(((echo)))

Well, the guy who's done all the booking at The Bad Fish turned that bar around, I'm sure he can turn around Fuzion too.

are you kidding? badfish was an equal dump, wasn't set up for live music, and was a patron nightmare!

They hardly ever cleaned the upstairs, had a max capacity of 12, the bands were allways WAY TOO LOUD! with a room area of less that 2000sq ft. they were pushing decible levels around 120-130db, and if you wanted a drink, by the time you got yours you were wearing someone elses.

Fusion is going to be just as bad if not worse. 50% of the bar is shared with the stage so right there tells ya whoever is playing is going to have to "share" with someone ordering drinks, the bartended isn't going to hear you anyway because the band is so close...and they have LESS sq ft of area and you know they aint going to come down in decible level

Jameo

What?!
are you kidding? badfish was an equal dump, wasn't set up for live music, and was a patron nightmare!

They hardly ever cleaned the upstairs, had a max capacity of 12, the bands were allways WAY TOO LOUD! with a room area of less that 2000sq ft. they were pushing decible levels around 120-130db, and if you wanted a drink, by the time you got yours you were wearing someone elses.

Fusion is going to be just as bad if not worse. 50% of the bar is shared with the stage so right there tells ya whoever is playing is going to have to "share" with someone ordering drinks, the bartended isn't going to hear you anyway because the band is so close...and they have LESS sq ft of area and you know they aint going to come down in decible level

And the normal Fuzion crowd and Badfish crowd are gonna mix sooo well :lmao: About as good as they would have mixed at cats :lmao:

E

(((echo)))

Not to sound like i'm pushing for them....because they really need to pull their head out of their azz...but I still feel neptunes would have been a much better choice. the bar area is much further away from the stage, there is more playing area, it's over twice the size of badfish or fusion. Its just a better deal overall.

HOWEVER whoever owns it need to hit the road because the logic behind renovating the whole location after the flood just to put an azzload of tv's everywhere and just have "poker night" need to have their head examined.

K

kris31280

I must have really liked patron nightmares then...

Yes, it was loud... but those who went there to listen to the music loved it loud and it was great to interact with the bands on a face to face level. I never had a problem getting a drink nor wearing someone else's drink in an effort to get mine.

I'm hesitant about Fuzion, I'll admit that... but Jarod has done a lot to bring local music down here so we don't have to drive to DC or Baltimore every weekend simply to see it and so I'm going to give him my support 110%

E

(((echo)))

And the normal Fuzion crowd and Badfish crowd are gonna mix sooo well :lmao: About as good as they would have mixed at cats :lmao:

last weekend was the first time i seen a live band there....club on one side...band on the other....yeah...i see police in their future

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I agree with Echo about Neptunes. That location is excellent and it's nice and big - but it's still a dive, like every other bar that's been in that building. When Gottis had it years ago they tried to clean it up, then when Nokelbys had it it was nice, but it keeps reverting back to its crappy dive ways for some reason.

Richard Cranium

HOWEVER whoever owns it need to hit the road because the logic behind renovating the whole location after the flood just to put an azzload of tv's everywhere and just have "poker night" need to have their head examined.

Good luck running us out of there, and good luck finding two of the many owners to agree on something :lmao: