The Bad Fish Closing?!?!

Relocate2paxmd

Donovans is now Ricks on the food side and Donovans on the bar side. The food is really good at Ricks and it is much nicer than the previous location.

mattvivslivesou

www.meerkatsound.com
clearing up some issues....

Hello guys, this the Matt Viv, I ran the sound system at Badfish for the past year and half. I would like the make few professional statements to clear a few things up about Badfish and a few other places. I also do not know the true answer to why Badfish closed down, but it does suck. So I have taken majority of the misleading remarks and I am putting the truth their personal assumptions.

Last summer when he tried to keep up with another unnamed club in St. Mary's and had big named concerts it was obvious then that while his idea was a great one, there was no way possible to pull they kind of
$$$ he needed to continue on.

Mike, please announce to the crowd which unnamed St. Mary’s club Badish tried to keep up with or just Message me. From what I remember, Badfish was the only place to hold regular nights with Original bands. Other than PMJA/My Brother Place all other venues/bar brought in cover band that played the same exact music every night. I am speaking directly about Summer of 2007. For the Summer of 2006, he did bring in a lot of cover bands, then they wanted a change from the normal bar music.

Well, the guy who's done all the booking at The Bad Fish turned that bar around, I'm sure he can turn around Fuzion too.

Badfish went from a cover band bar into an original music venue. Majority of the cover band they came through played the same exact songs. If cover bands didn’t play the same songs over and over again, Jarod would book a few more.

are you kidding? badfish was an equal dump, wasn't set up for live music, and was a patron nightmare!

They hardly ever cleaned the upstairs, had a max capacity of 12, the bands were allways WAY TOO LOUD! with a room area of less that 2000sq ft. they were pushing decible levels around 120-130db, and if you wanted a drink, by the time you got yours you were wearing someone elses.

Fusion is going to be just as bad if not worse. 50% of the bar is shared with the stage so right there tells ya whoever is playing is going to have to "share" with someone ordering drinks, the bartended isn't going to hear you anyway because the band is so close...and they have LESS sq ft of area and you know they aint going to come down in decible level

Please bring me proof that the Badfish was hitting 120 dbs. When I was running sound at the bar, the volumes stayed around 100-105 dba, my measurements where taken at the sound board at the back of the room. I thought that the layout was pretty decent compared to a few other clubs: Good Times in Laplata with a tri-level rocking stage that is in the corner… Neptunes playing at the end of the bar towards the bathrooms he puts the bands in 1/5th of the bar… Big Dog Paradise you have a 20x20 room that you’re playing in…

Echo, have you ever been to The Green Door when they do live bands? Green Door was no bigger than Badfish.

Fusion is going to be just as bad if not worse. 50% of the bar is shared with the stage so right there tells ya whoever is playing is going to have to "share" with someone ordering drinks, the bartended isn't going to hear you anyway because the band is so close...and they have LESS sq ft of area and you know they aint going to come down in decible level

The shows that where next to the bar where Pre-Badfish move, those show where booked by owners of Fuzion. Since the Badfish bands moved to Fuzion, they had the bands in the restaurant side until the stage was built. Now the stage is at the opposite side of the building away from the bartenders.

which s a dump IMO, I think neptunes would have been a better venue to switch to :shrug:
but at least fusion is only a couple blocks away

Not to sound like i'm pushing for them....because they really need to pull their head out of their azz...but I still feel neptunes would have been a much better choice. the bar area is much further away from the stage, there is more playing area, it's over twice the size of badfish or fusion. Its just a better deal overall.

HOWEVER whoever owns it need to hit the road because the logic behind renovating the whole location after the flood just to put an azzload of tv's everywhere and just have "poker night" need to have their head examined.

Last time I was at Neptunes… there was a pair of speakers improperly deployed. You can not screen in eyebolts into the cabinet and call it safe. There was some old ass JBL speaker with eye-bolts screwed in to the speaker holding it into the ceiling. By seeing that, I wonder if the Plasma or correctly attached to the wall. I thought that Neptunes was the biggest run down bar in Southern MD, which even beats Dew Drop in the double wide trailer. I did a few shows in Neptunes, he places the bands parallel with the road at the end of the building, this equals to about the same size of an area as Badfish.
Echo, do you work for Neptunes? It sounds like your bitter at Jarod for moving the music over to Fuzion instead of Neptunes.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Hello guys, this the Matt Viv, I ran the sound system at Badfish for the past year and half. I would like the make few professional statements to clear a few things up about Badfish and a few other places. I also do not know the true answer to why Badfish closed down, but it does suck. So I have taken majority of the misleading remarks and I am putting the truth their personal assumptions.

Mike, please announce to the crowd which unnamed St. Mary’s club Badish tried to keep up with or just Message me. From what I remember, Badfish was the only place to hold regular nights with Original bands. Other than PMJA/My Brother Place all other venues/bar brought in cover band that played the same exact music every night. I am speaking directly about Summer of 2007. For the Summer of 2006, he did bring in a lot of cover bands, then they wanted a change from the normal bar music.

Badfish went from a cover band bar into an original music venue. Majority of the cover band they came through played the same exact songs. If cover bands didn’t play the same songs over and over again, Jarod would book a few more.

Please bring me proof that the Badfish was hitting 120 dbs. When I was running sound at the bar, the volumes stayed around 100-105 dba, my measurements where taken at the sound board at the back of the room. I thought that the layout was pretty decent compared to a few other clubs: Good Times in Laplata with a tri-level rocking stage that is in the corner… Neptunes playing at the end of the bar towards the bathrooms he puts the bands in 1/5th of the bar… Big Dog Paradise you have a 20x20 room that you’re playing in…

Echo, have you ever been to The Green Door when they do live bands? Green Door was no bigger than Badfish.

The shows that where next to the bar where Pre-Badfish move, those show where booked by owners of Fuzion. Since the Badfish bands moved to Fuzion, they had the bands in the restaurant side until the stage was built. Now the stage is at the opposite side of the building away from the bartenders.

Last time I was at Neptunes… there was a pair of speakers improperly deployed. You can not screen in eyebolts into the cabinet and call it safe. There was some old ass JBL speaker with eye-bolts screwed in to the speaker holding it into the ceiling. By seeing that, I wonder if the Plasma or correctly attached to the wall. I thought that Neptunes was the biggest run down bar in Southern MD, which even beats Dew Drop in the double wide trailer. I did a few shows in Neptunes, he places the bands parallel with the road at the end of the building, this equals to about the same size of an area as Badfish.
Echo, do you work for Neptunes? It sounds like your bitter at Jarod for moving the music over to Fuzion instead of Neptunes.

:popcorn:

:otter:

DuffMan

That place sucked anyway, no business will survive in that building as long as the owner keeps leasing out the building and not allowing someone to buy it and fix it up. Until that day come don't expect much going in there.

D

dsparrow06

That place sucked anyway, no business will survive in that building as long as the owner keeps leasing out the building and not allowing someone to buy it and fix it up. Until that day come don't expect much going in there.

The owner of the business actually sunk in thousands of dollars into that place - which is why he's run himself into total debt. He replaced the entire kitchen when he started the business and he completely refurnished upstairs as well. He even put in new flooring upstairs (granted it wasn't taken care of properly, so that's why it doesn't even look new anymore). What really needs to happen is the owner of the building needs to tear it down and rebuild. It's already been fixed up and that obviously didn't help the building at all. Before Badfish closed, the ceiling tiles were coming down upstairs. I wouldn't recommend anyone start another business in that building until it's torn down and rebuilt. I've often wondered how much longer that building is going to stand on its own.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
The owner of the business actually sunk in thousands of dollars into that place - which is why he's run himself into total debt. He replaced the entire kitchen when he started the business and he completely refurnished upstairs as well. He even put in new flooring upstairs (granted it wasn't taken care of properly, so that's why it doesn't even look new anymore). What really needs to happen is the owner of the building needs to tear it down and rebuild. It's already been fixed up and that obviously didn't help the building at all. Before Badfish closed, the ceiling tiles were coming down upstairs. I wouldn't recommend anyone start another business in that building until it's torn down and rebuilt. I've often wondered how much longer that building is going to stand on its own.

Maybe they should put some money into the bathroom and take that pissy shower out.

kelb

art imitating life
Inside sources told me that Badfish over extended his credit to his vendors and was unable to pay the bills, not to mention unable to pay the worker bee's. Last summer when he tried to keep up with another unnamed club in St. Mary's and had big named concerts it was obvious then that while his idea was a great one, there was no way possible to pull they kind of
$$$ he needed to continue on. I honestly think that hurt him big time and now it shows. I do wish him luck.

The Island as all of us know dies off after September not alot can be done about that. There are still a few places that have live entertainment and a decent over 30s crowd this time of year my favorite is Vera's.

m

You can Also check out Neptunes Beach club .. they have poker, pool, live bands, food and A Dj... MySpace.com - Neptunes - 36 - Male - CALIFORNIA, Maryland - www.myspace.com/neptunes_beach_club

D

dsparrow06

Maybe they should put some money into the bathroom and take that pissy shower out.

Funny you mention that...I agree the bathrooms there were deadly disguisting!! The showers stayed there for the fishermen that docked their boats at "Badfish". Sadly enough, I've seen several fishermen take showers in that thing. :barf:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Funny you mention that...I agree the bathrooms there were deadly disguisting!! The showers stayed there for the fishermen that docked their boats at "Badfish". Sadly enough, I've seen several fishermen take showers in that thing. :barf:

As long as you wore shower shoes in the shower, it wasn't that horrible.

IMNEMT-B

Being from N. St. Mary's, can you tell me where Fusion is? I was never a fan of Badfish or any of the other names it used to be. Never had a good meal there and the servers were terrible. We don't have much up on the north end either. Would like to find somewhere that is more for the 30 to 40'ers.:buddies:

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
Being from N. St. Mary's, can you tell me where Fusion is? I was never a fan of Badfish or any of the other names it used to be. Never had a good meal there and the servers were terrible. We don't have much up on the north end either. Would like to find somewhere that is more for the 30 to 40'ers.:buddies:

Fuzion is in SanSuci, mostly a young crowd I wouldnt suggest it for the 30-40age group.

MrX

High Octane
Fuzion is in SanSuci, mostly a young crowd I wouldnt suggest it for the 30-40age group.

Actually the Rock side of Fuzion is a similar atmosphere as Badfish since the same promoter is now booking the shows. The DJ's are now on the restaurant side and the pool tables are gone. There is now a stage on the side with the bar that has live rock bands performing every Saturday night. Im 33 and have a great time :)