Tomatoes and peppers and garlic...

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I'm actually thinking about trapping them and taking them out to the country and let them go. They are pretty destructive little critters.

Last year I planted dahlia bulb thingies in a pot, up by my sliding glass door on the second story of the deck. The squirrels must have smelled them and came up and dug them out of the pot. I am starting to hate the squirrels AND the deer.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
I just debudded my tomato plants. It's way too early for buds.

I hope wild turkeys don't like patio tomatoes. I heard it outside my window at 1:30 last night :yawn:

I'm actually thinking about trapping them and taking them out to the country and let them go. They are pretty destructive little critters.

Yup. First year I moved here, I was walking past my BBQ grill, smelled gas. They had chewed thru the gas line.

T

toppick08

I carried off 12 last year......................and even caught 1 polecat..:yikes:

D

dems4me

I have two pots with cherry tomatoes in them. Planted them last weekend. One day this week the local squirrels dug through the top layer of soil in the pots looking for god knows what. I was able to save a couple of the plants that had been tore out and replant them.
My flower beds and garden (even the yard) look like Germany during WWII carpet bombings from all the holes that the squirrels dig. Anyone else have this problem or do they just like to antagonize me?

I didn't have a problem with squirrels digging. My problem with the squirrels was they killed EVERY stalk of corn I grown, I watched it grow, get a baby ear of corn, then a squirrel would climb it and bend the stalk over and break it, then take a few bites of corn and leave it to rot in my garden :cussing: I didn't know what was doing all this, as things were being broken and laid over in all different directions, it looked like drunk deer had gotten in the garden :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Look everyone! Look!

:yahoo:

Attachments

• 1sttomato.jpg
    1sttomato.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 105
R

remaxrealtor

Hey girlie!

This sounds like home made sauce waiting to happen!!!!!

Vince

Hopefully, I'll have some squishes too. :razz:
That's the only thing I don't have yet. I think something dug the seed out of the ground. :shrug: Got lots of tomatoes and onions. Peppers are going crazy. Got to get somemore tomato baskets.