Tomatoes and peppers and garlic...

Kittykat33

Why me??
I know the feeling.

I noticed aphids on my 'maters. So I made a solution of water, garlic and dish soap (per the instructions on a tomato growers website). I sprayed the plants liberally, then worried all night that I'd killed them.

Good news! They are healthy and happy, and no aphids in sight! :whew:

I saw in your earlier post about growing garlic. How do you do that?? I would LOVE to have fresh garlic. TIA

T

toppick08

I have a neighbor who has 4 inch 'maters , pink,......of course he set them out the middle week of April, and they were greenhouse started.........:ohwell:

Mine as of today. I have about 4 like this, almost 3" inches across.

Attachments

• CIMG0389-1.JPG
    CIMG0389-1.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 61

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mine as of today. I have about 4 like this, almost 3" inches across.

Cool!

My big one is slightly over 2" and there are a ton of thumbtip ones and a zillion pinkytip ones. :yay:

One of my plants isn't flowering, though. The rest all have fruit, but this one lamer is still sitting there. There are buds, but nothing has opened up. Is there something I should do with it besides be patient?

Cool!

My big one is slightly over 2" and there are a ton of thumbtip ones and a zillion pinkytip ones. :yay:

One of my plants isn't flowering, though. The rest all have fruit, but this one lamer is still sitting there. There are buds, but nothing has opened up. Is there something I should do with it besides be patient?

You can try fertilizing it with a blossom booster. I use Miracle Grow for Tomatoes. It promotes fruit development more than leaf.

Is it the same variety? Maybe it's a later flowering variety..

D

dems4me

Here's mine :blushing: I got mine when they were about 6-8 inch stalks from the Amish Market in New Market... not sure if they have greenhouses -- do these count :shrug:

Attachments

• tomatoes.JPG
    tomatoes.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 43
  • tomatoes1.JPG
    tomatoes1.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 46
  • tomatoes2.JPG
    tomatoes2.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 41
  • tomatoes3.JPG
    tomatoes3.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 40
K

Kain99

OMG! All of your tomatoes are beautiful! Best farmers in the county right here people! :love:

D

dems4me

Sure! Why not? They look good!

I bought 4 early birds? early girls? Those seem to have been on there forever,I should have pinched them - but learned about pinching too late:lol:

nicole_M

I am impressed by everyone's veggies! Mine aren't getting as much sun as we'd like but they are doing much better than last year.

We've got banana peppers and about 10 cherry tomatoes right now... Almost everything else is flowering, including the Big Boys and Cucumbers, and the other varieties of peppers.

This is my first year growing the watermelon, squash and zucchini as well as green beans and onions.

I'll post some pics tomorrow.