Twilight Series

Cowgirl

I finished! All 498 pages! :clap: I also read the little preview of the second book. Hopefully the library will have it tomorrow!

_MightyMouse_

_USMCScoutSwimmer_
It happens quickly. :bawl:

They "seem" so dumb when you hear about them. Read a few pages and off you go...till book 4. Buy her all of them. :yay:

I bought her the complete set for xmas. She read Book 1 in two days and now is on Book 2. She said it was the best gift I could've gotten her and obviously can't put them down. I call her to talk to her and she tells me she'll call me later cuz she's reading; this is the first.

meangirl

Nice lady!
I bought her the complete set for xmas. She read Book 1 in two days and now is on Book 2. She said it was the best gift I could've gotten her and obviously can't put them down. I call her to talk to her and she tells me she'll call me later cuz she's reading; this is the first.

:killingme

They really are that addicting. Obviously.

I thought it was sooo retarded honestly, listening to all these women/girls talk about it. Then...I had no book to read so I picked up my 11 yr olds book and here I am...waiting to read the 4th. It's like crack for some odd reason.

JMILL24

Cubscout MoM
I just finished reading the last book on Saturday. I took me about a week to read them all from start to finish. They are just wonderful. I couldn’t put them down and when I did I couldn’t stop thinking about them. Now that I’m done I’m kind of sad. Sad that its over and sad that I don’t have a love so intense and all consuming. But does anyone? Should I feel this way,am I really missing out on something that everyone else has?

Geek

I just finished reading the last book on Saturday. I took me about a week to read them all from start to finish. They are just wonderful. I couldn’t put them down and when I did I couldn’t stop thinking about them. Now that I’m done I’m kind of sad. Sad that its over and sad that I don’t have a love so intense and all consuming. But does anyone? Should I feel this way,am I really missing out on something that everyone else has?

No! :lol: There love is fun to read about, but in real life it would be creepy.

How old are you? If you are over 18 you might really love Charlene Harris' Sookie Stackhouse books. I would also Highly recommend The Host by Stephenie Meyer.

Don't forget that Midnight Sun (Twilight from Eddward's perspective is online at Stephenie's website. It is only the first 12 or so chapters, but a great read :yahoo:

JMILL24

Cubscout MoM
Yeah, a friend sent me the chapters in Edwards’s perspective. Amazing how detailed even his half of the story is. Too bad she stopped writing it. Is the Host any good? Had a friend tell me not to waste my time. I’ll look up your other suggestion. I think the thing that I mostly enjoyed about these books is I never knew what was coming next. I’ve read so many books that I can anticipate the characters next move, most of the time but, with these books I never knew where the plot would turn. And the author really made you love each character like they were a close friend. I wish the movie was still in the theater. I guess I’ll just have to wait until it comes out on DVD.

JMILL24

Cubscout MoM
Sookie Stackhouse…..True Blood right? Big Fan! My mother is the one who got me hooked last year. Can’t wait until the next season comes out. Yes, I’m over 18.

Geek

Sookie Stackhouse…..True Blood right? Big Fan! My mother is the one who got me hooked last year. Can’t wait until the next season comes out. Yes, I’m over 18.

I loved the host. You have to give it time though. If you don't like it after the cave part, I will be amazed. I really liked it as much as the Twilight series.

JULZ

BFJ
Love, Love, Love the books!!!! I'm on the third one. Frick read all four over the Christmas holiday.

Geek

Love, Love, Love the books!!!! I'm on the third one. Frick read all four over the Christmas holiday.

When you finish, you should read my story on here! But wait until you are done because there are spoilers :howdy:

Cowgirl

Ok, I'm about a third of the way through the third book. I liked the first one. The second was was ok, but I found it a little boring because Bella was such a pathetic wreck. I really like Jacob. I think Bella should kick Edward to the curb and get with Jacob. The third book is a little frustrating so far. Without spoiling it for anyone (I hope), I think it's ridiculous that Edward is so controlling. We'll see how it turns out.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
When you finish, you should read my story on here! But wait until you are done because there are spoilers :howdy:

Thanks to RareBreed :huggy:, I got the book and I'm on chapter 3 now. Looking forward to read the whole book and move onto next book series. :yay:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Ok, I'm about a third of the way through the third book. I liked the first one. The second was was ok, but I found it a little boring because Bella was such a pathetic wreck. I really like Jacob. I think Bella should kick Edward to the curb and get with Jacob. The third book is a little frustrating so far. Without spoiling it for anyone (I hope), I think it's ridiculous that Edward is so controlling. We'll see how it turns out.
After having a little distance from the books I've come to be very annoyed by Edward. He is controlling. And bossy and narrow-minded. Do not like. :lol:

But Robert Pattinson's alright with me. :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
How old are you? If you are over 18 you might really love Charlene Harris' Sookie Stackhouse books.

How far are you into the series? My BIL and SIL got me the box set for Christmas, and I've read everything that's out so far. I really like Eric. He's so much more interesting than Twilight's Edward.

Geek

How far are you into the series? My BIL and SIL got me the box set for Christmas, and I've read everything that's out so far. I really like Eric. He's so much more interesting than Twilight's Edward.

I finished them. Waiting for the next one :tap: Eric makes me :drool: I started on her other books as well, they are good, but she really knocks the Sookie books out of the park.

Now I am starting a YA novel called Pirates! My sister is a librarian and I forced her to start Twilight, she forced me to read the one.

I am loaning my Sookie books to my MIL next. Have you seen True Blood yet?

Cowgirl

Just finished the fourth book. It was pretty good. I still like Jacob better than Edward, but Edward wasn't too bad in this book. :lol: