Volkswagen Subaru in Waldorf, MD ~ trash

V

VW_Manager2

I recently purchased a Dodge Ram (with a hemi) from the dealership of Volkswagen Subaru in Waldorf, MD. Last week, I called to get my plates. My 60 days tags expired. When I called I was told that they were not available to me. I then asked if they were going to give me another set of temps. I was told NO! When I asked to speak to the owner, I was told that he was a 70 something year old who doesnt deal with the customers himself. WTF!
A whole week went by and my new truck had to stay parked until Friday when my tags were available. Does this normally happen to people? This is my very first brand new car and I am so disgusted by the way I was treated.
What kind of owner doesnt deal with their customers? :war:

Hello,

I am one of the Sales Managers at Volkswagen & Subaru of Waldorf. I was informed of this posting on the forum & felt the obligation to respond. Let me first say, you calling our dealership "trash" is simply slanderous. Volkswagen & Subaru of Waldorf has proudly served the Southern Maryland Region for over 37 years! If we were as bad as you're trying to make us out to be, we wouldn't the Premier Volkswagen & only Stellar Performer Subaru dealer in the area. As far as your tag issues: Maryland issues 60-day tags for a reason. It could take up to 60 days to process your tag & title work if there are no issues within the MVA system. What I mean by that is if you have any outstanding citations or unpaid violations, you WILL NOT be issued new tags for any car. That's a decision made by the MVA, not the dealership. If your liscence was in good standing, there would be no issue. We do not hold onto customers tagwork & wait until their temp tag expires, or any other underhanded ideas you might have. What would we possibly gain by doing that?

As far as you "asking for another temp tag & being told NO!"... It is AGAINST THE LAW for the dealership to issue more than one temp tag to any purchased vehicle. Again, that is the decision made by the lawmakers, NOT the dealership. For example; if you decide to go out & break the law (rob a bank, speed, etc...), and then come ask us for another temp tag, then how would police officers know who you were? In a nutshell, both of your complaints are not in the dealerships control. I don't know how your MVA standing is, so I can't tell you for sure what happend. Obviously you've already gotten your hard tags, so you should be good to go.

Now onto your issue about speaking with the Owner. The owner is here very rarely, maybe once or twice a week. You should've simply asked to speak the Manager, like you would in any business. If you go to the mall & have an issue at one of the stores, who do you ask for? Do you ask for the Owner of the chain, or do you speak with the store manager? If you go to McDonald's and get the wrong order, who do you ask for? I don't really think Ronald McDonald would walk out of the back room & replace your 4-piece Chicken Nuggets, would he? No, the store manager would walk out to see if he could remedy the situation. What I'm getting at is that in every business there is a chain of command you must follow to get to where you want to be. If you get a speeding ticket, you go see the judge; not the President of the United States. The next time you have a problem, simply come in & ask to speak to the General Manager.

Thank you for your time, and we would appreciate the opportunity to earn your business for your next vehicle as well...

VW_Manager2
Volkswagen & Subaru of Waldorf
301-843-1234

jetmonkey

Your best bet would have been to not respond.
Hello,

I am one of the Sales Managers at Volkswagen & Subaru of Waldorf. I was informed of this posting on the forum & felt the obligation to respond. Let me first say, you calling our dealership "trash" is simply slanderous. Volkswagen & Subaru of Waldorf has proudly served the Southern Maryland Region for over 37 years! If we were as bad as you're trying to make us out to be, we wouldn't the Premier Volkswagen & only Stellar Performer Subaru dealer in the area. As far as your tag issues: Maryland issues 60-day tags for a reason. It could take up to 60 days to process your tag & title work if there are no issues within the MVA system. What I mean by that is if you have any outstanding citations or unpaid violations, you WILL NOT be issued new tags for any car. That's a decision made by the MVA, not the dealership. If your liscence was in good standing, there would be no issue. We do not hold onto customers tagwork & wait until their temp tag expires, or any other underhanded ideas you might have. What would we possibly gain by doing that?

As far as you "asking for another temp tag & being told NO!"... It is AGAINST THE LAW for the dealership to issue more than one temp tag to any purchased vehicle. Again, that is the decision made by the lawmakers, NOT the dealership. For example; if you decide to go out & break the law (rob a bank, speed, etc...), and then come ask us for another temp tag, then how would police officers know who you were? In a nutshell, both of your complaints are not in the dealerships control. I don't know how your MVA standing is, so I can't tell you for sure what happend. Obviously you've already gotten your hard tags, so you should be good to go.

Now onto your issue about speaking with the Owner. The owner is here very rarely, maybe once or twice a week. You should've simply asked to speak the Manager, like you would in any business. If you go to the mall & have an issue at one of the stores, who do you ask for? Do you ask for the Owner of the chain, or do you speak with the store manager? If you go to McDonald's and get the wrong order, who do you ask for? I don't really think Ronald McDonald would walk out of the back room & replace your 4-piece Chicken Nuggets, would he? No, the store manager would walk out to see if he could remedy the situation. What I'm getting at is that in every business there is a chain of command you must follow to get to where you want to be. If you get a speeding ticket, you go see the judge; not the President of the United States. The next time you have a problem, simply come in & ask to speak to the General Manager.

Thank you for your time, and we would appreciate the opportunity to earn your business for your next vehicle as well...

VW_Manager2
301-843-1234

angel11284

Hello,

VW_Manager2
301-843-1234

well said...i especially enjoy the ronald mcdonald reference

sparkyaclown

Hello,

VW_Manager2
301-843-1234

Wow want a professional response :sarcasm: makes me want to drop everything and go buy a VW/Subaru

jaie

So happy!
I recently purchased a Dodge Ram (with a hemi) from the dealership of Volkswagen Subaru in Waldorf, MD. Last week, I called to get my plates. My 60 days tags expired. When I called I was told that they were not available to me. I then asked if they were going to give me another set of temps. I was told NO! When I asked to speak to the owner, I was told that he was a 70 something year old who doesnt deal with the customers himself. WTF!
A whole week went by and my new truck had to stay parked until Friday when my tags were available. Does this normally happen to people? This is my very first brand new car and I am so disgusted by the way I was treated.
What kind of owner doesnt deal with their customers? :war:

I will tell you that you should have never had gone with out tag. Did you know that you could have gone to the MVA and got them yourself.

angel11284

Wow want a professional response :sarcasm: makes me want to drop everything and go buy a VW/Subaru

you probably can't afford a vw/subaru anyway. i thought he handled it very well considering that someone was slandering vw/subaru of waldorf for something that was beyond their control

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Hello,

As far as your tag issues: Maryland issues 60-day tags for a reason. It could take up to 60 days to process your tag & title work if there are no issues within the MVA system.
As far as you "asking for another temp tag & being told NO!"... It is AGAINST THE LAW for the dealership to issue more than one temp tag to any purchased vehicle.

I haven't looked it up myself, but wanted to make a comment. I purchased a vehicle in 2006 - I was given hard plates directly from the dealership. I didn't have to use temp tags at all. Before this vehicle purchase, I was given 2 sets of temp tags before my hard plates were finally mailed. This was back in 2002.

When did the law change?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
you probably can't afford a vw/subaru anyway. i thought he handled it very well considering that someone was slandering vw/subaru of waldorf for something that was beyond their control

Nice juvenile response.:rolleyes:

Like jet said, he should not have even bothered to respond to the OP. Suggesting that the the reason behind the delay was due to possible problems with the OP and MVA is completely UN professional way to deal with the problem. I highly doubt that calling the dealership "trash" would hold up under scrutiny as being slanderous.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Yep, I bought an 2001 Audi A-4 Quattro from them - it was in perfect shape - before Carfax - 1 week after I had it the front end went out - still under the 90 day warrenty - after they held the car in their back lot for over 3 weeks - they told me they dont work on Audi's.

A VW dealership told you they don't work on Audis??

And what was your response?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Volkswagen & Subaru of Waldorf has proudly served the Southern Maryland Region for over 37 years! If we were as bad as you're trying to make us out to be, we wouldn't the Premier Volkswagen & only Stellar Performer Subaru dealer in the area.

Aren't you the ONLY VW ans Subaru dealer in the area??

I've had no dealings with your dealership, but I've known many crappy, crooked dealerships that have been in business a LONG time.

How about the "We don't work on Audi's" Comment?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
When I had my Audi I was told the same thing and had to take it to Annapolis. :ohwell:

WOW, their mechanics must be worthless.

I can't imagine there is much difference between an Audi and a VW, they are one and the same company are they not?

I can see them trying to get out of warranty work.. not that it's right, but I can see trashy dealerships trying to get out of covering a used vehicle they sold. But to send buisness like services etc.. somewhere else would be kind of strange.

Like if I took my Ford to a Chevy dealership they would have NO problem charging me $100 an hour labor to do the services on it.

D1VA

Like jet said, he should not have even bothered to respond to the OP. Suggesting that the the reason behind the delay was due to possible problems with the OP and MVA is completely UN professional way to deal with the problem. I highly doubt that calling the dealership "trash" would hold up under scrutiny as being slanderous.

There was nothing wrong on my part with the MVA. I was given the run around the whole time. It isnt about just the tags. When I asked to speak with a manager about the problem I was given the run around. 3 days later and four managers later,.....I asked to speak to the owner.
As for the owner, His name may as well be Ronald McDonald because an owner doesn't even exist! :duel:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
WOW, their mechanics must be worthless.

I can't imagine there is much difference between an Audi and a VW, they are one and the same company are they not?

I can see them trying to get out of warranty work.. not that it's right, but I can see trashy dealerships trying to get out of covering a used vehicle they sold. But to send buisness like services etc.. somewhere else would be kind of strange.

Like if I took my Ford to a Chevy dealership they would have NO problem charging me $100 an hour labor to do the services on it.

From what I can remember, the car had to damn near be taken apart to replace something...the starter? I'm sure Dustin remembers everything. All I know is that shortly after we realized how much of a PITA it would be to have anything done to it, we sold it. And I really loved that car. :lol:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Aren't you the ONLY VW ans Subaru dealer in the area??

I've had no dealings with your dealership, but I've known many crappy, crooked dealerships that have been in business a LONG time.

How about the "We don't work on Audi's" Comment?

:smack: Quit pickin'

With today's car's you need a lot of specialized tools and diagnostic programs. Just because some of the mechanical parts are the same doesn't qualify a dealership to work on a brand purchased elsewhere.

I got my '02 Golf 1.8t from them. Their service was great, staff courteous and friendly. Only complaint I had was the hook up fee for the diagnostic machine seemed excessive.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
:smack: Quit pickin'

With today's car's you need a lot of specialized tools and diagnostic programs. Just because some of the mechanical parts are the same doesn't qualify a dealership to work on a brand purchased elsewhere.

I got my '02 Golf 1.8t from them. Their service was great, staff courteous and friendly. Only complaint I had was the hook up fee for the diagnostic machine seemed excessive.

The specialized tools is on them if you bought the car from them and it broke during the warranty period. I think the point was somone bought a used Audi from them and it broke within the 90 warranty period, and they refused to work on it because "they don't work on Audi's".. If you were in their shoes you'd be rightfully pissed off too.

If you can't work on it, don't sell it..

And don't they own the Used Car 'Toy Lot' that sells everything from Mercedes to Ferrarii and the other lot that sells any and all used cars?? Saying they don't work on Audi's was a cop out plain and simple.

I can't imagine there would be too many specialized tools required for an Audi that the VW dealership doesn't already have.

They probably share 80% or more of their parts.

wonderwoman

:howdy:
I have dealt with this dealership as well. I told them what I could afford, then of coarse they tell me what they think I can afford. I left there and after saying I had to think about it. They chased me out the door telling me there wasnt anything to think about. I received calls bugging me for days.
This is a dealership! All they care about is the sale. After that, not much else!
The manager2 should have left well enough alone. If this is such a "Premier Volkswagen & only Stellar Performer Subaru dealer in the area" let it speak for itself. He didnt need to get on here and speak about a customer the way he did.

OldHillcrestGuy

Ive dealt with this dealership alot for a period of about 15 years or more after having 4 Subaru's in a row, 2 that I bought from there and a total of 3 that were serviced there.
Never once had a bad experience, cant say enough good things about their service department, especially David. I once had a oil change at Mr Tire, of course when you get finished going there your car needs about $1,000 worth of work after they give it a once over, told me I needed new serpinten(sp) belt, made appt at Southern Subaru to have it changed there, took it in and in a few minutes they called me up and said that the mechanic said its still good, didnt need replacing, so I went on my way, another time was in there and my vehicle was getting quite close to the end of the warranty period(was less then 500 miles away from it) and I needed new CV boot, which was still under warranty, they fixed it and then went on to say it looked like the water pump may have been leaking so they replaced it also which they, if they wanted to was just waited for me to go another 500 miles, and then my waterpump would not have been covered and Id been screwed, again never had a problem from Southern Subaru, Ken Dixon now thats another story.

I havent dealt with Southern Subaru in 3 years now that Ive switched to Toyota's, but cant believe things have gone downhill.