Volkswagen Subaru in Waldorf, MD ~ trash

JimW711

Driving the Z
badmouthing Hyundai??

Accually VW's are not the cheapest cars out there they are very high quality vehicles with german engenering to go with it not to mention the highest safety ratings! now if we were talking about hyundai i would agree. you should really know what you are talking about before you make comments!

I'll agree that when Hyundai first started selling cars in the United States, they were genuine pieces of junk. However, I'm old enough to remember when Honda first started selling cars here they were also pieces of junk.

Hyundai has made major quality control improvements and are now one of the better rated cars on the road. If I ever were to buy a new car again, I'd take a Hyundai over a Honda without batting an eye.

As far as any German built car (Mercedes, Audi, BMW, or VW), I wouldn't waste my money unless they "gave" me the best warranty available free of charge along with a guaranteed loaner car for when it's in the shop.

:elaine:

jaie

So happy!
They have been nothing but helpful to me and I send everyone in need of a car to them and will continue to do so. I find their customer service to be outstanding! it just seems like you had a situation that was not handled correctly and it really sounds like it was not the fault of the dealership. :biteme:

It would have been the fault of the dealerships. If was a MVA problem the dealership wouldn't have been able to fix it the customer would have had to and since she was never told about a problem and she got her tags. Something went wrong at the dealership.

wonderwoman

It would have been the fault of the dealerships. If was a MVA problem the dealership wouldn't have been able to fix it the customer would have had to and since she was never told about a problem and she got her tags. Something went wrong at the dealership.

I am with you on this one. Of course the dealership will not admit to their fault! They screwed up somewhere. I went back and looked and she said her tags came 5-7 days late. Sounds like an error on the dealerships records. Someone dropped the ball.

VduvUMarie

I'll agree that when Hyundai first started selling cars in the United States, they were genuine pieces of junk. However, I'm old enough to remember when Honda first started selling cars here they were also pieces of junk.

Hyundai has made major quality control improvements and are now one of the better rated cars on the road. If I ever were to buy a new car again, I'd take a Hyundai over a Honda without batting an eye.

As far as any German built car (Mercedes, Audi, BMW, or VW), I wouldn't waste my money unless they "gave" me the best warranty available free of charge along with a guaranteed loaner car for when it's in the shop.

:elaine:

I own a VW and love all things Euro. Throughout the years I have come to find that half of the time any Euro car is in the shop is because of "user error". When buying a German car most buyers do not realize the time and money needed for basic and routine maintenance, and not to mention the major maintenance as the car ages. You really have to keep up with an Euro car to keep it in good shape. You can't let the car go without giving it some consistent TLC , and you can't just go throw on the cheapest replacement part you can find. It just comes with the package and a lot of buyers are not educated enough when they go Euro. My car has been great to me and I love her to death, the only thing I would trade her in for is a newer model =) However, I do have to say that sometimes I envy anyone with a Honda; you can't beat them to hell and they will run forever.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
When buying a German car most buyers do not realize the time and money needed for basic and routine maintenance, and not to mention the major maintenance as the car ages. You really have to keep up with an Euro car to keep it in good shape. You can't let the car go without giving it some consistent TLC , and you can't just go throw on the cheapest replacement part you can find. It just comes with the package and a lot of buyers are not educated enough when they go Euro. My car has been great to me and I love her to death, the only thing I would trade her in for is a newer model =) However, I do have to say that sometimes I envy anyone with a Honda; you can't beat them to hell and they will run forever.

The first part sounds like being a boat owner, "a hole in the water you throw money into."

The 2nd part is just stupid wannabe elitist snob drivel.

VduvUMarie

The first part sounds like being a boat owner, "a hole in the water you throw money into."

The 2nd part is just stupid wannabe elitist snob drivel.

It's okay if you can't handle owning an European vehicle, it isn't for everyone =)

R

RadioPatrol

The specialized tools is on them if you bought the car from them and it broke during the warranty period. I think the point was somone bought a used Audi from them and it broke within the 90 warranty period, and they refused to work on it because "they don't work on Audi's".. If you were in their shoes you'd be rightfully pissed off too.

Mom bought a 01 Windstar (used of course) from the Chevy Dealership in Waldorf - Ken Dixon? and while it was under the 30 day warranty it needed some upper intake work, because of a Check Engine light .... they sent it the FORD Dealership across the street .... :whistle:

sparkyaclown

you probably can't afford a vw/subaru anyway. i thought he handled it very well considering that someone was slandering vw/subaru of waldorf for something that was beyond their control

:killingme whatever, I didn't pick the Audi in my avatar just because I liked the car, I own it! (and for the posters above, I have yet to experience any issues with the Euro cars I've owned. All I do is general maintenance oil, plugs, etc and they've run great)

True enough that the person was slandering them, however a true professional would have ignored that and explained the situation without bowing to that level. A more professional response would've been to simply state that the process of getting tags was beyond their control. Also that it is illegal for them to issue another temp tag and apologized for the inconvenience caused. It was obvious the sales manager was letting his anger get in the way and felt the need to lash out at the individual. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!

Last edited:

angel11284

:killingme whatever, I didn't pick the Audi in my avatar just because I liked the car, I own it! (and for the posters above, I have yet to experience any issues with the Euro cars I've owned. All I do is general maintenance oil, plugs, etc and they've run great)

True enough that the person was slandering them, however a true professional would have ignored that and explained the situation without bowing to that level. A more professional response would've been to simply state that the process of getting tags was beyond their control. Also that it is illegal for them to issue another temp tag and apologized for the inconvenience caused. It was obvious the sales manager was letting his anger get in the way and felt the need to lash out at the individual. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!

I purchased both of my last 2 cars from him and refer my customers to him if they are looking for vehicles. I personally know that he is very professional and one of the best sales managers around! i'm done with this post now :deadhorse

JimW711

Driving the Z
Mom bought a 01 Windstar (used of course) from the Chevy Dealership in Waldorf - Ken Dixon? and while it was under the 30 day warranty it needed some upper intake work, because of a Check Engine light .... they sent it the FORD Dealership across the street .... :whistle:

If you bought a used Chevrolet at the Ford dealership and it needed any type of major work because the check engine light came on, where do you think it would end up at to have the diagnosis/work performed? At the Chevrolet dealership of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warranty work is something completely different from "cash" business

:doh: