Volkswagen Subaru in Waldorf, MD ~ trash

dawn

I haven't looked it up myself, but wanted to make a comment. I purchased a vehicle in 2006 - I was given hard plates directly from the dealership. I didn't have to use temp tags at all. Before this vehicle purchase, I was given 2 sets of temp tags before my hard plates were finally mailed. This was back in 2002.

When did the law change?

Me too, when my tags ran out, they just gave me a new set of temp tags, no issues whatsoever. That was a few years ago, but when he said that I was questioning it as well.

JimW711

Driving the Z
Cvr

Some dealerships use CVR which is short for computer vehicle registration. There is a connection with MVA that allows them to put hard tags on the vehicle being purchased if there are no outstanding insurance violations, outstanding ticket (parking or moving violation) issues, or out of state drivers license problems. If any of these exist, 60 day temporary tags are issued.

If insurance or ticket violations exist, they must be taken care of before MVA will issue the hard tags. If you have an out of state license, then it may take up to the 60 day expiration to procure the hard tags. Ocasionally, other issues may cause delays, but they're too numerous to explain

Also, it is against the law to issue 2 temporary tags! That is a :nono:

dawn

Some dealerships use CVR which is short for computer vehicle registration. There is a connection with MVA that allows them to put hard tags on the vehicle being purchased if there are no outstanding insurance violations, outstanding ticket (parking or moving violation) issues, or out of state drivers license problems. If any of these exist, 60 day temporary tags are issued.

If insurance or ticket violations exist, they must be taken care of before MVA will issue the hard tags. If you have an out of state license, then it may take up to the 60 day expiration to procure the hard tags. Ocasionally, other issues may cause delays, but they're too numerous to explain

Also, it is against the law to issue 2 temporary tags! That is a :nono:

Well I didnt have anything outstanding with mva. I purchased the car in VA, but they did give me a second set of tags when my first ones expired. Thinking back is was back in 1994 so it was a long time ago, and they did it without blinking an eye.

OldHillcrestGuy

Me too, when my tags ran out, they just gave me a new set of temp tags, no issues whatsoever. That was a few years ago, but when he said that I was questioning it as well.

I work with a idiot who has gotten a new set of temp tags every 2 months since April 2007, from Pohanka Hyundai in Marlow Heights, we all at work have wondered how that is possible, its going on 17 months now and he expires again in 3 days. He has had his problems with DMV (not DMV's problem but of his own making)but he is a real jerk and was suspended last year for about 6 months, we all here at work beleive he is paying off huge fine, proably for driving with no insurance, currently he has a garnishment on his wages with DMV, and we figure that is why he cant get hard tags, if its againest the law to issue a second set of temp tags someone at Pohanka is breaking the law big time helping this worthless co-worker of ours out.

JimW711

Driving the Z
Virginia??

Well I didnt have anything outstanding with mva. I purchased the car in VA, but they did give me a second set of tags when my first ones expired. Thinking back is was back in 1994 so it was a long time ago, and they did it without blinking an eye.

Virginia?? :doh: I should have realized another state was involved.. LOL

Virginia MVA laws are totally different from Maryland, and we're talking 2008 laws too..... Trust me :wink:

JimW711

Driving the Z
HAHA.. is his last name Ritter?

I work with a idiot who has gotten a new set of temp tags every 2 months since April 2007, from Pohanka Hyundai in Marlow Heights, we all at work have wondered how that is possible, its going on 17 months now and he expires again in 3 days. He has had his problems with DMV (not DMV's problem but of his own making)but he is a real jerk and was suspended last year for about 6 months, we all here at work beleive he is paying off huge fine, proably for driving with no insurance, currently he has a garnishment on his wages with DMV, and we figure that is why he cant get hard tags, if its againest the law to issue a second set of temp tags someone at Pohanka is breaking the law big time helping this worthless co-worker of ours out.

Knew a guy that worked at Sheehy in Upper Marlboro that was taking temporary tags taken off vehicles when their hard tags came in. He couldn't get tags for his car for some reason and used these temps. Unfortunately, he got stopped by MSP and ended up in jail. The fact that he had something else in the car he wasn't supposed to have didn't help.
:killingme

OldHillcrestGuy

Nope not Ritter. Wouldnt be surprised that he wouldnt have something in the car he is not suppose to have either. He got nailed for that about 15 years ago, should have been let go then but, he knew people in high places.

If it was a used car sometimes it takes time to get a clear title. But you can only issue one temp tag, if it expires for whatever reason the dealership should let you use a dealer tag.

JimW711

Driving the Z
Nope not Ritter. Wouldnt be surprised that he wouldnt have something in the car he is not suppose to have either. He got nailed for that about 15 years ago, should have been let go then but, he knew people in high places.

If you really don't like the guy, call MSP and report him. Nobody likes being a snitch, but it's nice to get a little payback once in awhile, especially if the person is such a PIA!!!
:evil:

dawn

If it was a used car sometimes it takes time to get a clear title. But you can only issue one temp tag, if it expires for whatever reason the dealership should let you use a dealer tag.

Nope, it was new. But like I said it was a long time ago. I didnt realize how long until I started thinking about it (it almost seems like it was last year). My car I bought in 2001 when the tags ran out they did give me a dealer tag, but my tags came in the very next day. My gosh, I am starting to feel old, thinking back over 14 years ago and recalling them like they were just yesterday.

T

toppick08

I recently purchased a Dodge Ram (with a hemi) from the dealership of Volkswagen Subaru in Waldorf, MD. Last week, I called to get my plates. My 60 days tags expired. When I called I was told that they were not available to me. I then asked if they were going to give me another set of temps. I was told NO! When I asked to speak to the owner, I was told that he was a 70 something year old who doesnt deal with the customers himself. WTF!
A whole week went by and my new truck had to stay parked until Friday when my tags were available. Does this normally happen to people? This is my very first brand new car and I am so disgusted by the way I was treated.
What kind of owner doesnt deal with their customers? :war:

Wanna' race..?..:boxing:

dustin

UAIOE
I am a big VW fan. This is the best VW dealership I have ever been to (when I used to have my 90 Jetta a few years ago).

As for "We don't work on Audi's"... that statement I'm sure was incorrect, because I know they can rotate tires. I'm sure the dealer had a good reason for not working on the one poster's Audi (front end)... as for the three week decision process... there is probably an explanation for that too.

The Audi dealer in Annapolis was the closest place that would work on our A4 quattro. I couldn't find a mechanic that would touch it.

thurley42

HY;FR
I am a big VW fan. This is the best VW dealership I have ever been to (when I used to have my 90 Jetta a few years ago).

As for "We don't work on Audi's"... that statement I'm sure was incorrect, because I know they can rotate tires. I'm sure the dealer had a good reason for not working on the one poster's Audi (front end)... as for the three week decision process... there is probably an explanation for that too.

The Audi dealer in Annapolis was the closest place that would work on our A4 quattro. I couldn't find a mechanic that would touch it.

I don't think rotating the tires qualifies as "real work" on the vehicle....

T

toppick08

oh.........what is the difference?:killingme:buddies:

I'm just kidding....I don't get into the whole my truck brand is better than yours....but I do like my Tundra...
:buddies:
The Tundra and Titans are both nice rides.....:yay:

thurley42

HY;FR
:buddies:
The Tundra and Titans are both nice rides.....:yay:

Agreed...and truth be told I wanted a Titan at first......and when we went to the dealership the guy was so rude that we went next door and bought a Tundra that night, and of course I went back to the Nissan dealer right after and made sure he saw me....