where is the best place you ever lived?

jenbengen

Watch it
Best place I ever lived: Ft. Myers, FL. :yay:

Worst place I ever lived: Hampton Roads, VA. :boo:

Gee, thanks for the cheer- I'm being forced to move back there for a year in a few months. :lmao: It's not THAT bad.

Best place I ever lived- on a beach in Hawaii. So it's not practical, but you asked. :lmao:

We are shooting to retire in NC somewhere- no taxes on retirement income. Woohoo. Considered Tennessee too because we like the area and the cost of living is so cheap. Don't have any particular cities, though.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Titusville PA? You are kidding, really, Titusville? Small world. When I mention Titusville to somebody they are clueless. I have family in Titusville, Florida and Titusville, PA., somewhat ironic. It is a very small town in PA but a beautiful area. Bring a snow blower if you move there, 2balls and check the taxes, I heard they were rather high.

You wouldn't have happened to have had Nationwide Insurance while you lived there bob?

My nieghbor, the mayor of Oil City, was the Nationwide rep in Oil City, and his brother, the other Nationwide rep in Franklin was my realtor.

Property taxes, percentage wise, are high, true, but when your house is only worth 50k they are still less than here.

One of my schools was Titusville High School, with the Heisman Trophy in the Courtyard, and the abandoned steel mill across the street.. and Pitt at Tit.. But I worked out of Franklin, and lived in Oil City.

thurley42

HY;FR
:yay: but they need to get rid of about 750,000 people. Then it would be paradise.

:yeahthat:

Love to visit, will be there in June...watching 3 Padres/Dodgers games...couldn't live though..

I forgot San Luis Obispo, California..or even better is Paso Robeles a little further up 101

AndyMarquisLIVE

Gee, thanks for the cheer- I'm being forced to move back there for a year in a few months. :lmao: It's not THAT bad.

Best place I ever lived- on a beach in Hawaii. So it's not practical, but you asked. :lmao:

We are shooting to retire in NC somewhere- no taxes on retirement income. Woohoo. Considered Tennessee too because we like the area and the cost of living is so cheap. Don't have any particular cities, though.
What's not that bad? Hampton Roads?

I thought it was worse than the ghetto. :boo:

sccrmommy

Lake Placid, NY!!!!! Olympic village, you have the chance to meet a lot of down to earth stars, good schools, friendly people. I miss it :( Going back in June for a week!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BUT, other than the money factor, trying to make your retirement check go the furthest.

I've lived in a LOT of places, and have been on extended visits to others.

SOMD is the best place, by far, that I have lived. And if I can find a way to get my retirement $$'s to go far enough I'll die here, unless there are drastic changes to the area, then I'll eject and wait to see where I land.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Any place with lower taxes than Maryland and they don't tax your retirement income (like Maryland)... :coffee: