where is the best place you ever lived?

ImnoMensa

I was born and raised here, when I die I will be buried here. I have been all over America and the whole country is beautiful, there are many places I would mind spending some time in ,but when its all said and done this is my home, its where I love.

I have to admit the taxes are mean ,the politicians suck, and the river she aint what she used to be, but that can be said for many places. Population is the enemy of a quiet retired life and anywhere worth living in has people moving there.

County_Boy

I was born and raised here, when I die I will be buried here. I have been all over America and the whole country is beautiful, there are many places I would mind spending some time in ,but when its all said and done this is my home, its where I love.

I have to admit the taxes are mean ,the politicians suck, and the river she aint what she used to be, but that can be said for many places. Population is the enemy of a quiet retired life and anywhere worth living in has people moving there.

:yeahthat: :high5:

2ballscrewball

BUT, other than the money factor, trying to make your retirement check go the furthest.

I've lived in a LOT of places, and have been on extended visits to others.

SOMD is the best place, by far, that I have lived. And if I can find a way to get my retirement $$'s to go far enough I'll die here, unless there are drastic changes to the area, then I'll eject and wait to see where I land.

what city in Southern Maryland do you live in?

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Marquette County in Upper Michigan. Beautiful lakes, National forests everywhere, hardly any people, no crime to speak of. It's clean, safe and the cost of living is quite low. You have to like the cold though. It's beautiful there, people are friendly, and if you're a sportsman the outdoor activies are endless. A large percentage of locals are of German, Finnish, Swede, and Norweigan decent so there are plenty of friendly taverns and festivals.

For a small town (about 20K) the city of Marquette is an interesting place to live and contains the area's regional medical center which was named a 100 Top Cardiovascular Hospital in 2007. It also has Northern Michigan University. You can buy a wonderful house very cheap in the area even on the waterfront due to all the inland lakes and rivers as well as Lake Superior.

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
I love it here in Southern Charles County. We are at the St. Mary's line. There is so much history here i this area and we have the best of both worlds. Close to DC but yet far enough to still have a country life.

SeptemberLady

Brown-Eyed Girl

:howdy: I also was born and raised here. After high school I lived on the outskirts of DC in Maryland and Virginia, and didn't take me long to realize where I wanted to spend the rest of my life.

Last edited:

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose or evasion; that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

:patriot:

I was born to a Marine. Thanks Dad. And I was raised with the Marines.

Mojo

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose or evasion; that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

:patriot:

I was born to a Marine. Thanks Dad. And I was raised with the Marines.

That's :hot:

jenbengen

Watch it
:howdy: I also was born and raised here. After high school I lived on the outskirts of DC in Maryland and Virginia, and didn't take me long to realize where I wanted to spend the rest of my life.

Shoot, anybody would want to come back here after living there. :lmao:
This is a nice place. A lot of people think that everybody knowing everybody is a bad thing. I don't think it is. I've been where there are SO many people in the city that you always feel alone.

Pete

Repete
Memphis Tenn. Although I loved Va. Beach too. But once away from that traffic, I don't want to go back there.

Memphis, In a heart beat. We still have many friends there.

Although my best friend lives in Charlotte NC, I and love it there too..........

You liked Memfs (phonetic spelling of how the locals say it :lol:) I was OK but nothing I would tearn to move back to. The summers were beyond hot. :hot: