where is the best place you ever lived?

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
If you're willing to go a little south of Maryland... I would move to North Carolina. In the northern Part. Raleigh, Youngsville, Wake Forest. Nice are close to everything

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Either of the Carolinas for me but it would have to be east of 95. I'm trying to talk my parents into moving down there but two new grandbabies are on the way and my mom is on cloud 9 about these developments.

But like Imno and County Boy, for all that there is to not agree with here, this is my home and I don't plan on leaving again.

T

toppick08

Well St. Mary's is my home, and I think it's wonderful, and want to live the rest of my life here....

But for someone looking to move and retire to, Northwest MS, Tupelo, Oxford, are gorgeous places....so is the Hattiesburg, Laurel areas to the south.

All have low taxes, low crime, good people, beautiful homes, great food, and are conservative.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Her Uncle was the Commanding Officer of :gossip: and up for :gossip: of the :gossip: before he retired...

Remember the Marine unit that sweped north and swooped down into Kuwait to free them? That was his command... :cartwheel

:patriot:

Hey, I helped mark those minefields the night before. It wasn't too bad until we realized that we were IN the minefields due to faulty intel.:puckerfactor:

NE Columbia, SC or the Lexington area just west of Columbia. We lived there for almost a year before moving here. We actually considered keeping our house down there to retire since the cost of housing is ridiciously cheap (we pd $150,000 for a 2300 sq ft home vs the $300,00o for the 1200 sq ft home here) but we really did not want to deal with the hassle of renting it.

We lived in South Carolina with the Navy before coming here. Our home was BEAUTIFUL.........BUT........the public school system in terrible!!!!! My kids teacher in SC told us that the ole boy system had deep roots in the system and it was only getting worse. And the racism was bad too. My kid had a black friend and because he would have him over for sleepovers the old white kids parents told their kids to call my kid a N....Lover and couldn't come to sleepovers with them.
I was SO GLAD to get the hail out of SC. I loved it until school. It would be a great place to retire though.

H

HouseCat

Where is the best place you ever lived?

I am looking for a retirement city for my possible retirement in 4 years.

It has to be outside of the DC metro area, it has to not have the violence and hostility of the DC metro area.

Guam, and Rapid City, SD
If I had my way, I'd live in Guam during the winter, and Rapid City (or similar area) in the summer....

mackco79

Where is the best place you ever lived?

I am looking for a retirement city for my possible retirement in 4 years.

It has to be outside of the DC metro area, it has to not have the violence and hostility of the DC metro area.

I hear New Orleans has plenty of vacant houses...:sarcasm: :killingme

puggymom

:flowers:
We lived in South Carolina with the Navy before coming here. Our home was BEAUTIFUL.........BUT........the public school system in terrible!!!!! My kids teacher in SC told us that the ole boy system had deep roots in the system and it was only getting worse. And the racism was bad too. My kid had a black friend and because he would have him over for sleepovers the old white kids parents told their kids to call my kid a N....Lover and couldn't come to sleepovers with them.
I was SO GLAD to get the hail out of SC. I loved it until school. It would be a great place to retire though.

Oh definately!! That is why we were quick to move when the opportunity arose since we have two small children. However we would consider going back there to retire.