where is the best place you ever lived?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Sparrevohn, Alaska - no neighbors, great hunting and fishing, close to all sorts of wildlife and an unspoiled environment (for the most part as the radar station really effed up the scenary).

BernieP

Resident PIA
Where is the best place you ever lived?

I am looking for a retirement city for my possible retirement in 4 years.

It has to be outside of the DC metro area, it has to not have the violence and hostility of the DC metro area.
For financial reasons you would want to get the hell out of Maryland and to a more tax friendly state. NC, PA would even be better.

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
Anywhere in eastern North Carolina! Quiet, cheap and relaxing! or Texas- central, eastern or the San Antonio area. Loved both these states! But probably going to retire in the new bern, Havelock North carolina area.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Anywhere in eastern North Carolina! Quiet, cheap and relaxing! or Texas- central, eastern or the San Antonio area. Loved both these states! But probably going to retire in the new bern, Havelock North carolina area.

Stay away from Texas retiree! It's 91 here today :hot: Most of the year this place is too hot to breath even. It's not a "dry heat" either, just a miserable humid yet dusty summer that lasts for 8 months.

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
Stay away from Texas retiree! It's 91 here today :hot: Most of the year this place is too hot to breath even. It's not a "dry heat" either, just a miserable humid yet dusty summer that lasts for 8 months.

I was borned and raised there just left there a year ago so I definitely know about the heat! but I love it there! I would take the heat over the cold any day! What part of Texas are you in?

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
I was borned and raised there just left there a year ago so I definitely know about the heat! but I love it there! I would take the heat over the cold any day! What part of Texas are you in?

East of San Antonio, about 20 miles from Floresville. I love our acerage here, our house is buried under huge live oaks and has all the privacy I was looking for when we left SoMD. It's the Poteet Strawberry Festival this weekend!

Last edited:

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
East of San Antonio, about 20 miles from Floresville. I love our acerage here, our house is buried under huge live oaks and has all the privacy I was looking for when we left SoMD. It's the Poteet Strawberry Festival this weekend!

Love that part of Texas! I sure do miss the Strawberry festivals! Matter of fact I miss Texas Sure wish we could go back!

puggymom

NE Columbia, SC or the Lexington area just west of Columbia. We lived there for almost a year before moving here. We actually considered keeping our house down there to retire since the cost of housing is ridiciously cheap (we pd $150,000 for a 2300 sq ft home vs the $300,00o for the 1200 sq ft home here) but we really did not want to deal with the hassle of renting it.

Sula

WDF. So worth the wait.
I am so jealous I could cry. How are the bluebonnets this year?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Whatever...

...you, DON'T move to the Keys.

Go to PA like some of these dolts are suggesting so you can enjoy the leisure of dealing with cold and snow 5 months out of the year. WTF?

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
I am so jealous I could cry. How are the bluebonnets this year?

Not too good but I've seen some around. It's been a dry spring but I've seen a lot of Indian Paintbrushes, primroses, and wild verbena in my area. There is an old abandoned looking little cemetary nearby that is a riot of color. I need to take the kids there and get some pics.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
The Hyatt Mission Bay - San Diego. It was only for a week, but the pool side sevice is excellent! :cheers:

Rael

Supper's Ready
As much as I enjoyed living in Europe, I love my home here in Maryland most. Would like to back and visit Europe again, though. And Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, the list goes on and on.