Who DIDN'T have a bad racial or social experience today?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have seen kids sass and cuss their parents to the point that I went, "Wow." And my tribe is a sassy people, so it takes a good bit to make me raise my eyebrows. I've also seen kids get crappy with adults they weren't related to, which was strictly forbidden in my child-raising household.

But I also see many wonderful young people and I make sure to compliment them when they open a door for me or show me a courtesy.

So Hi is right, and you are right. I do believe there are significantly more great kids and young adults in this country, but the #### heads get all the press and negative experiences also stand out more.

Cash me ouuside...

mitzi

I don't think I do, either. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

I work in Waldorf. I'm in the minority. I think at times you're the one that has to open the door to be friendly and get along well with people. A brief encounter in WaWa really stood out to me recently. At least once a week, a young AA male in line in front of me buys my coffee. I always comment to the clerk how nice that was. He said to me, they're a still a lot of good in people. I told him if you watch the media you would think we all hate each other. He agreed.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My #2 son and a bunch of his 19-22 yo friends just paddled in to unload after an extended weekend on a "roughing it" campout on one of our local little islands. They like to "subsistence camp", so they pack in minimal food basics ans some cooking spices, etc and rely on catching fish and crabs to fill in the menu. Works well for them. As respectful and responsible a bunch as I'd ever want to see....including packing out every last tidbit of their trash.

The kids are alright..many of 'em.