Why isn't this considered bigoted racism?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Yeah. Because blacks are never serial killers.

and, you need to find out what the word statisitcs mean, and how it could be applied in certain situations.

Blacks are in fact very RARELY serial killers. :yay:

I did a paper on this in college. :queen:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You don't segregate, you stereotype!

But stereotypes exist for a reason. And that's how we "profile", which is why it pisses off the liberals so much.

Stereotyping and xenophobia are natural survival and protection methods. The only animals that get yelled at for doing it are....humans. Imagine the hippie zebra who welcomed all, regardless of species. How long do you think he'd last on the veldt?

Hank

my war
But stereotypes exist for a reason. And that's how we "profile", which is why it pisses off the liberals so much.

Stereotyping and xenophobia are natural survival and protection methods. The only animals that get yelled at for doing it are....humans. Imagine the hippie zebra who welcomed all, regardless of species. How long do you think he'd last on the veldt?

Guess I am a bit of a hippy and a bit of a liberal....does it make me a bad person?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones

Saying something is a fact is one thing, calling a spade a spade, if you will.

Using that sterotype to generalize is different.

White males between the ages of 20-45, with average to below average IQs, who come from middle to lower class families are most likely to be serial killers. FACTS. (disclaimer; I'm pulling those stats out of my butt and only using them as an example to make a point) I'm never dating a white guy again because I don't want to get chopped up and cooked on the bbq. Taking those facts and making stupid generalizations.

Hank

my war

White males between the ages of 20-45, with average to below average IQs, who come from middle to lower class families are most likely to be serial killers. FACTS. (disclaimer; I'm pulling those stats out of my butt and only using them as an example to make a point) I'm never dating a white guy again because I don't want to get chopped up and cooked on the bbq. Taking those facts and making stupid generalizations.

"I totally agree with you"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

But that's what stereotypes are used for. That's their only function, to generalize.

And your conclusion is faulty. The majority of white men aren't serial killers, but the majority of serial killers are white men. There's a difference in the way the data is interpreted.

So when the cops are on the trail of a serial killer, should they start going after black women? No. They look at white men, because that's the profile. Or stereotype, if you will.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
But that's what stereotypes are used for. That's their only function, to generalize.

And your conclusion is faulty. The majority of white men aren't serial killers, but the majority of serial killers are white men. There's a difference in the way the data is interpreted.

So when the cops are on the trail of a serial killer, should they start going after black women? No. They look at white men, because that's the profile. Or stereotype, if you will.

And the majority of blacks aren't criminals but people will most certainly use the fact that most criminals are black to justify a point.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

pixiegirl said:

And the majority of blacks aren't criminals but people will most certainly use the fact that most criminals are black to justify a point.

:yeahthat:
A stereotype is a generalization. They can be used for lots of things including jokes or justifying bigotry.
In the case you are describing the stereotype is being used to justify a bigoted point.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I don't think most criminals are black. The population numbers just aren't there. Because if most criminals are black, that would have to correlate to most blacks being criminals, and I don't believe that's the case.

Regardless, when the news is filled with black crime, black activists calling everyone racist, and black elected officials ingratiating themselves to the lower classes, we form an opinion: blacks form one opinion, whites form a completely different opinion.

So yes, there is racism and bigotry, but I don't think it's as prevalent as the race hustlers would have you believe. And it ruins credibility when the NAACP starts having a cow over "black holes" on a space-themed greeting card. Or when someone gets fired for having enough vocabulary to use the word "niggardly".

Hank

my war
vraiblonde said:
I don't think most criminals are black. The population numbers just aren't there. Because if most criminals are black, that would have to correlate to most blacks being criminals, and I don't believe that's the case.

Regardless, when the news is filled with black crime, black activists calling everyone racist, and black elected officials ingratiating themselves to the lower classes, we form an opinion: blacks form one opinion, whites form a completely different opinion.

So yes, there is racism and bigotry, but I don't think it's as prevalent as the race hustlers would have you believe. And it ruins credibility when the NAACP starts having a cow over "black holes" on a space-themed greeting card. Or when someone gets fired for having enough vocabulary to use the word "niggardly".

Yeah, but you have nimrods in every group.. American Indian groups complain about the name "Redskins" for a football team and we could sit here and go through every class of people and find a group that represents that class raising a stink over some trivial ####.... Hell you can't even call a midget a midget or a retard a retard anymore without pissing someone off.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones

From everything I've seen in countless documentaries and such about prisons, the majority of prisioners are black. The amount of people incarcerated does not even compare to the general law abiding population. So yes, most criminals are black but most blacks are not criminals.

Incarceration in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
From everything I've seen in countless documentaries and such about prisons, the majority of prisioners are black. The amount of people incarcerated does not even compare to the general law abiding population. So yes, most criminals are black but most blacks are not criminals.

Incarceration in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Careful now. The Race-baiting industry will counter with "It's due to selective enforcement" of the law that accounts for the unreal disproportion of AA's in prison. "The racist cops, states attorneys, judges and juries look the other way when it's a white doing the crime."

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Careful now. The Race-baiting industry will counter with "It's due to selective enforcement" of the law that accounts for the unreal disproportion of AA's in prison. "The racist cops, states attorneys, judges and juries look the other way when it's a white doing the crime."

Anyone who isn't racist and has any common sense and knowledge of American History will tell you that crime is very closely related to economic status. People who are desperate resort to extreme measures often including crime.

People also scream about equality in this county blah blah blah but they fail to accept that in the not so distant past there were not the opportunities for minorities that there are today. I'm 32 and in my mother's childhood segregation was alive and well. IMO social adjustment takes more than a generation or two. In the next few generations you'll see the number even out, you'll see the Latin population continue to rise in prisons, etc. Its socio-economic evolution and it ebbs and flows.

Chew on this.... There are more white women incarcertated than there are any other race. I'd be willing to bet that white women are profiled/generalized/what have you the LEAST by the masses when it comes to crime.

E

EmptyTimCup

are you talking about, Township, County, State or National Statistics .....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I don't believe it's due to selective enforcement so much as access to some creepy lawyer who will get your charges dropped. Also I think blacks probably commit more of the type of crimes that land you in prison, although I don't have stats to back that hunch up. Shoplifting doesn't usually result in a jail sentence, nor does embezzlement, but they are still crimes.

It's an interesting discussion and now I'm curious what exactly the criminal demographic is in this country. Just like the welfare debate, where someone will argue that most of the welfare recipients are black - this is not true, but blacks are on welfare disproportionate to their population - I'm curious what's truth and what's just a numbers game.

And I always enjoy having a disagreement with Pixie because she rarely just spews - she typically brings her A-game. :yay: