102.9 wkik

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I hadn't even bothered to read the first post :coffee:

BUT to answer the first post, I have noticed most of my radio stations over the past 1-2 weeks having trouble picking up from certain locations where I had always gotten them in the past. For whatever reason it seems like they aren't traveling as far. Heck, even 98.3 has been spotty in certain areas and that's one of my local test stations. I don't know what the deal is.

THERE, now that it's answered. Can we get back to why we're all here now? :lol:

Our planet was been moved off its axis by North Korea's nuclear testing, that’s also why Colorado is flooding. The government doesn’t want to panic us so they make the media focus on Syria.

warneckutz

So... you have the odacity to sit there like a hyocritic forumite asking the son of God,; when he was a baby nearly two thousand years ago; to make me be nice? Nicer than you clowns? Would you happen to have one ounce of thought process to that? I knew they should make a drivers test to use the Internet! :cds:

Why all the anger issues? Someone drown your parrot or something?

And here comes dumber than dumbest! Like some hokey-pokey tootin a balloon and looking at it sideways... like a lost monkey!

Internet tough guy.

Hank

my war
What did the dead canary say to the other dead canary?

Nothing.... Dead canaries can't ####ing talk! :killingme

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
I'm a dumb ass because I thought you were a girl... or because I am much older and wiser than you? And maybe not the same race or religion?

And any one or all of those items don't fit you, I am sure there are substitutes which I couldn't even begin to fathom. It's your era... be rotten and disrespectful.. you'll go far in life! Perhaps a few roadblocks you'll have to stumble threw... but you and your gansta friends will git yo nixxa-a$$ frew!

Please bring the ban hammer out!

SoccerFan

When at work in LaPlata, I like to listen to 102.9, wkik. Lately, I would say within the past couple weeks, I usually can't pick that station up in LaPlata anymore. When there and I put my car radio on 102.9, I get WTNT from Washington DC. Anyone else having issues picking this station up, or know if something has changed with them? Thanks.

I was doing some research on local radio frequencies and stumbled across this thread. I hate to revive an old thread but thought a reply might be helpful. Yes, the atmospherics and sun spots do interfere with all radio stations at different times during the year. Lower powered local stations seem more vulnerable to the interference. The station you mentioned as interfering with WKIK is also on 102.9 FM but based out of Chantilly, VA. The station is used to simulcast the signal of 730 AM WTNT which is out of D.C.

Interestingly enough, 102.9 WKIK also simulcasts its signal. You can hear WKIK on 1560 AM which is broadcast from LaPlata (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WKIK_(AM)). Now, it's a daytime only AM station so the quality of the signal won't be as clear as 102.9 FM but if you like the station it's an option for listening if there's too much interference from WTNT. I hope this helps.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I was doing some research on local radio frequencies and stumbled across this thread. I hate to revive an old thread but thought a reply might be helpful. Yes, the atmospherics and sun spots do interfere with all radio stations at different times during the year. Lower powered local stations seem more vulnerable to the interference. The station you mentioned as interfering with WKIK is also on 102.9 FM but based out of Chantilly, VA. The station is used to simulcast the signal of 730 AM WTNT which is out of D.C.

Interestingly enough, 102.9 WKIK also simulcasts its signal. You can hear WKIK on 1560 AM which is broadcast from LaPlata (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WKIK_(AM)). Now, it's a daytime only AM station so the quality of the signal won't be as clear as 102.9 FM but if you like the station it's an option for listening if there's too much interference from WTNT. I hope this helps.

WKIK apparently has been working a petition, asking listeners to document where they are being stepped on. The allegation is the station in DC is exceeding the allowed radiated power and therefore stepping on WKIK's territory.