$15/hr minimum wage

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
So... is now a good time to demand higher Social Security payments?

SamSpade

BTW - this is approxmately the AVERAGE wage in the U.S.

It doesn't take rocket science to see if you take the lowest pay and push it up to average pay, and everyone else's goes up - that it devalues the money.

You can't deliver the same amount of labor for more money without it affecting the currency.

DaSDGuy

Now they want $26 per hour? All that will do is raise the poverty line to around $30 an hour, middle income will be around $80-120 per hour.
Gas will be in the $12-$15 per gallon range. Eggs will be, what, around $8 a dozen? You get the idea. Prices will go up along with the minimum wage and nobody will do any better in life unless they WORK FOR IT!!!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Now they want $26 per hour? All that will do is raise the poverty line to around $30 an hour, middle income will be around $80-120 per hour. Gas will be in the $12-$15 per gallon range. Eggs will be, what, around $8 a dozen? You get the idea. Prices will go up along with the minimum wage and nobody will do any better in life unless they WORK FOR IT!!!
If all the controls, (regulations), that were once put in place were re-instituted, then people would be getting paid more rather than "profits" raising stock prices and sending that money, which would be better spent on higher wages and reinvested in expanding the company, to stockholders. But then again, those controls simply don't work well in a fiat currency debt money system anyway.

Anyway, regular, not-on-sale, bacon is now going for $6.99lb to $7.99lb. Ain't life grand?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Robot’ McDonald’s

“The technology in this restaurant not only allows us to serve our customers in new, innovative ways, it gives our restaurant team the ability to concentrate more on order speed and accuracy, which makes the experience more enjoyable for everyone,” Keith Vanecek, the franchisee operating the test restaurant, explained in a statement this month.

The 29-second clip posted last week by TikTok user @foodiemunster shows an empty restaurant with no seating. A machine pushes orders to customers at the drive-thru.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Perhaps now McDonald’s won’t be able to screw up a 3 item order.

Reactions: BOP

phreddyp

If I may ...

If all the controls, (regulations), that were once put in place were re-instituted, then people would be getting paid more rather than "profits" raising stock prices and sending that money, which would be better spent on higher wages and reinvested in expanding the company, to stockholders. But then again, those controls simply don't work well in a fiat currency debt money system anyway.

Anyway, regular, not-on-sale, bacon is now going for $6.99lb to $7.99lb. Ain't life grand?
Wages may have made YOUR world go round! But profits are what makes the WORLD go round, without profits there are no wages, with one exception, when you work for the Government.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

McDonald's unveiled an automated store. Some consumers aren't loving it.

In a December blog post, McDonald's said the test restaurant demonstrates its commitment to "finding new ways to serve [customers] faster and easier than ever before."

But not all customers are loving it.

"Well there goes millions of jobs," one commenter on a TikTok video said about the new restaurant said.

"Oh no first we have to talk with Siri and Google [and] now we have to talk to another computer," another one opined.

"I'm not giving my money to robots," another commenter wrote. "Raise the minimum wage!"

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Wages may have made YOUR world go round! But profits are what makes the WORLD go round, without profits there are no wages, with one exception, when you work for the Government.

Rapacious profits to shareholders and their associated multi-million dollar paid CEO's at the expense of those that actually provide the work necessary to make those profits.

Also. You do realize labor is an expense in business accounting, along with a multitude of other expenses, that, after being subtracted from total revenues, leaves profit, or not. It is not profit that pays for wages, it is the wages paid that makes profit. For without labor, there is no profit.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

And if the labor is too expensive, there is no profit. No profit..business goes "bye bye".

Yes. But you as a business owner know to what I am referring. There is a quantitative balance that should occur with employees relative to overall business revenue. I refer to those business that take advantage of their employees paying the absolute minimum they can get by with to enrich themselves over that of the people that provide the work to make a business successful.