18 Horses Rescued?

SoftballCrazy

mygoldnhorse said:
Well I hope for the horses sakes they were emaciated because of nutritional reasons. They may at least have a chance. I knew a guy once that had a horse and he just bragged all the time about how great this horse, Jasmine was. I just had to see her. When I got to the place where he was keeping her he was just raving about the pastures, I agree they did look great. I thought wow I wish I had grass like that. And then I saw Jasmine. She was a beautifal 4 year old bay and seemed to be such a doll. But she seemed down kind of just standing in the run in. Her weight was low and I could not figure out why with so much pasture she would look like that. When I asked him what was up with her weight he went on about how she had been a little sick lately. I asked when was the last time you wormed her, he kind of squirmed around and said that a friend had helped in worm her a couple of months ago. I looked at her manure and I could not believe what I saw. It was so red that I thought she was bleeding, as I looked closer I realized it was not blood it was parasites. I insisted that he let me take her to my barn, telling him that the pasture must be infested, I would of about told him anything to get her away from him. I had the vet meet me at my barn and she started her on the 5 day worming program, but she also did a blood test. I thought this was strange and asked why? She said that she thought that her intestines were probably perferated from such a heavy infestation of worms and that the blood test would show how much damage there was. The outcome was not good and she did not last but a couple of months, I just could not get her healthy. :bawl: She lived on daily doses of the pepto stuff for horses because her stomach was eaten up with ulcers. It makes me so mad that some stupid person decides they have to have a horse and they don't have a clue how to care for it. Alot of times the damage is irreversible.
In this case the pictures you just posted some seem like they are young horses. I could just scream. :tantrum I do want to know why My Hughes is getting off scott free? And can't wait to hear the explanation for that. I remember last year a guy in Hollywood had 5 horses taken from him and he was arrested and tried. He was heavily fined, and put on probation, as I recall.
Awww, what a sad story! Sorry to hear about the horse you tried to save. I agree w/ you...people get animals and have no clue about the care!

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
The article in the Washington Post infuriates me more every time I read it.
Especially the part where My Hughes asked, You can't leave a couple? :cussing: And the last sentence where he says, "I don't think I'll mess with them anymore." :buttkick: That sounds to me that he got away with it what would stop him from doing this again? My daughter and son live in Lusby and I can bet you one thing every once in a while I will drive by My Hughes and I pray to GOD I never see another horse there. Oh and how about this one....And he thinks worm medicine might have contributed to their condition. :buttkick: I wonder how he would feel to have his intestines become a feast for some damn worms. I do want to look into this further. He at least has to pay for the $$$$$$$$$$$ that it is going to cost to get these animals well. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMAD.

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets
mygoldnhorse said:
:wench: :wench: :wench: :wench: :wench: :wench: :wench: And you know why he wanted to leave a couple??? so he would get the damn tax break on his land by having it zoned agricultral :smack:.

I agree this is a terrible, terrible, terrible thing and thank God they were rescued. However, I have to tell you there is no "real" tax break for having land zoned agricultural, it's hardly noticeable. The chief benefit is not having the world at large complain that you have hooved animals on your land. :howdy:

Josimmon

SoftballCrazy said:
Oh wow, how awful! I wonder if these are the same horses Josimmon was referring to in an earlier post a few wks ago...That is just a shame...

No these are not the same horses...the case I reported is still being looked into, especially after this case....very sad that there are a few cases in Calvert.

Unbelievable

Wisecrackin" said:
This is how they looked yesterday..

These pictures make your heart ache. How can anyone keep animals like these beautiful horses and not feed them? The behavior of some people in this world never ceases to amaze me.

Wisecrackin"

I was told Calvert amimal control has been aware of these 18 horses since May..I was told about them in May too and asked to take a couple...they never did anything (Calvert amimal control) Pat had to over ride CAC in 3 days she was able to sieze the animals. Someone needs to kick CAC in the arse.

Unbelievable

Wisecrackin" said:
I was told Calvert amimal control has been aware of these 18 horses since May..I was told about them in May too and asked to take a couple...they never did anything (Calvert amimal control) Pat had to over ride CAC in 3 days she was able to sieze the animals. Someone needs to kick CAC in the arse.

:yeahthat:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Wisecrackin" said:
How can justice be done. I don't know if any of you have stomach ulcers but I do. They are very painful and make me feel miserable alot of time. I am sure these animals have never been wormed since Mr Hughes got them which makes me think their poor stomachs are all ulcerated and their intestines are perforated just like the horse I tried to save. I can tell you this much I feel that I agree with you that CAC needs to be held accountable for these horses. Now its starting to make sense why Mr Hughes was not arrested. In my opinion CAC is as much or more guilty of neglect then Mr Hughes was. Hopefully his was done in stupidity. Whcih sorry but rhat still does not fly with me. But WHAT IS THEIR EXCUSE??????????? How could they have known since May and it still took someone contacting Pat Paytas to get something done. I think that this is a matter for the local newspapers and will be happy to contact them tommorrow morning.

Last edited:

Wisecrackin"

Actually they have been ignoring calls from a friend of mine. Finally this friend contacted another friend and Pat. These two took pics and Pat did the paperwork to have them removed. Last week I was told CAC said. We are watching the horses are fine there are round bales placed. I think they HAD to be looking from a distance no one in their right mind could see them and think nothing else but the truth. I am glad Pat had the curage to take them.

BTW I am appyday. I plan to send money to Pat directly anyone else want to pm me for her paypal addy.

horsesrock93

Chevy Is Da BOMB!!!!
mygoldnhorse said:
How can justice be done. I don't know if any of you have stomach ulcers but I do. They are very painful and make me feel miserable alot of time. I am sure these animals have never been wormed since Mr Hughes got them which makes me think their poor stomachs are all ulcerated and their intestines are perforated just like the horse I tried to save. I can tell you this much I feel that I agree with you that CAC needs to be held accountable for these horses. Now its starting to make sense why Mr Hughes was not arrested. In my opinion CAC is as much or more guilty or neglect then Mr Hughes was. Hopefully his was done in stupidity. Whcih sorry but rhat still does not fly with me. But WHAT IS THEIR EXCUSS??????????? How could they have known since May and it still took someone contacting Pat to get something done. I think that this is a matter for the local newspapers and will be happy to contact them tommorrow morning.

yes my goldenhorse that is so sad. And some people get them and dont know how to take care of them. Maby we should treat tnem like that. z

J

jaybeeztoo

Wisecrackin" said:
Actually they have been ignoring calls from a friend of mine. Finally this friend contacted another friend and Pat. These two took pics and Pat did the paperwork to have them removed. Last week I was told CAC said. We are watching the horses are fine there are round bales placed. I think they HAD to be looking from a distance no one in their right mind could see them and think nothing else but the truth. I am glad Pat had the curage to take them.

BTW I am appyday. I plan to send money to Pat directly anyone else want to pm me for her paypal addy.

Appy????? Really??? :huggy: Unitard also says hi and :huggy:

PM the info and I will donate when I can. :yay:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Wisecrackin" said:

YEAH!!!!!! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: We have missed you so much. We have also lost Wild Horses, Challenging, and now even a new member named Brassiechic was being messed with and she does not want to come in the horse forums. I was hoping you would be back but I thought you would showcase your Paso's :whistle: .

Last edited:

Wisecrackin"

jaybeeztoo said:
Appy????? Really??? :huggy: Unitard also says hi and :huggy:

PM the info and I will donate when I can. :yay:

Hmmmm happyappyhorselady or something like that. Tell Tard I said :wave: I saw him the other day at the gas station. Watch out he had some other biatch with him in the front seat. Watch him. :lmao: Pm me for my email so we can keep in touch. Good luck with what I heard. Wish you the best.

Wisecrackin"

Wild Horses, Challenging are gone? Let me tell you I never met WH but she sent me some PMs and we talked. She gave me a beautiful blanket for the babies when they were small. She really touched me with that. I really like her she is honest and kind.

J

jaybeeztoo

Wisecrackin" said:
Hmmmm happyappyhorselady or something like that. Tell Tard I said :wave: I saw him the other day at the gas station. Watch out he had some other biatch with him in the front seat. Watch him. :lmao: Pm me for my email so we can keep in touch. Good luck with what I heard. Wish you the best.

Yeah, that's one good looking biatch huh? I will send you a pm with my contact info. It's so great to see you again and thanks for the well wishes. Funny how our lives turn, but I am really happy :diva:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
horsesrock93 said:
yes my goldenhorse that is so sad. And some people get them and dont know how to take care of them. Maby we should treat tnem like that. z

You are right z. You're just a young'n and you know that animals do not get treated like that, so surely a man that is 75 years old knows it is wrong. But what is worse than him is Calvert Animal Control.. We are suppose to be able to count on them to watch out for animals. I hold them more accountable then him. lol.

J

jp2854

Hey appyday how is your mom doing? I miss hearing her stories.

appyday

Back again
jp2854 said:
Hey appyday how is your mom doing? I miss hearing her stories.

She is fine...she went to the Dr last week I think she is going to out live me. Only change now is she won't feed herself I have to spoon feed her most of the time. Thanks for asking.