19 Y/O Woman Charged w/Attempted Murder Due to Abuse of Newborn

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
vraiblonde said:
18 days of crying infant and uncaring husband is a LONG time. Most women can't even stick to a diet for 18 days.

My son was a cryer. Even my friends said that they'd never seen a baby who slept so little and cried so much. Nothing was wrong with him - he just had an immature nervous system and he outgrew it.

But it was hell, let me tell you. My Mom came to visit when Doug was 2 weeks old, and by that time I was half insane. I was never so glad to see anyone in my whole entire life.

:howdy: Noah would not be put down. Would not. He slept for the first 18 hours then it was on like Donkey Kong after that. I $hit you not the nurses had to come take him from me before we even left the hospital so that I could get a couple hours rest because we would not sleep. Things got no better when we got home. I ended up with one of those front backpack thingies to wear around the house because I could not even put him down long enough to make myself something to eat. You, just like I adjust, you walk away, you don't throw your kid. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
pixiegirl said:
I have a visitor for you Vrai....
HA! Bring him on! I am a 42 year old veteran now, not a 19 year old newbie. I think unreasonable 4 year olds are cute and interesting - which is very different than how I felt about my first experience with unreasonable 4 year olds. :lol:

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
pixiegirl said:
:howdy: Noah would not be put down. Would not. He slept for the first 18 hours then it was on like Donkey Kong after that. I $hit you not the nurses had to come take him from me before we even left the hospital so that I could get a couple hours rest because we would not sleep. Things got no better when we got home. I ended up with one of those front backpack thingies to wear around the house because I could not even put him down long enough to make myself something to eat. You, just like I adjust, you walk away, you don't throw your kid. :yay:
My son slept in those too..He had one of those bouncing swings too..he slept in that too...was soo cute to see him hanging there sleeping! I feel for the parents of kids that didnt sleep My son was 10 LBS 1.4 Oz and started sleeping through the night at 2 weeks old.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
citysherry said:
I think you might be confusing sympathy with empathy.
You're probably right. Empathy is knowing how someone feels, right? And sympathy is feeling sorry for them.

So it's more empathy, with a little bit of sympathy thrown in.

Erin

vraiblonde said:
You're probably right. Empathy is knowing how someone feels, right? And sympathy is feeling sorry for them.

I have empathy for her as well.
I know my daughter has left me shaking before from rattling my nerves. I've zapped out and screamed at her, but no hitting. Hard to say what this girl was going through - could be chemical imbalance due to PPD. I don't think I would/could ever do anything like that, but I don't know the full story yet.

citysherry

I Need a Beer
vraiblonde said:

Exactly - and that's the same page I'm on. I often joke that I could never be a stay at home mom because either myself or one of the kids would eventually wind up dead.

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
What ever happend to doing what the people in the hospital tell you. If you need a break put the baby in their crib and walk away!!!! Let him/her cry!!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
vraiblonde said:
HA! Bring him on! I am a 42 year old veteran now, not a 19 year old newbie. I think unreasonable 4 year olds are cute and interesting - which is very different than how I felt about my first experience with unreasonable 4 year olds. :lol:

Yeah at 42 at 52 (the age my mom was w/ grandkids) you learn it's easier and more fun to just give them the damn gummies and they like you a whole lot freaking better too. "Hey mommy, can we go see that nice lady that gave me the gummies again? hu? hu? can we? can we?" Yeah right, then instead of my kid buggin the hell out of me to buy him the gummies he's bugging me to take him to see the nice lady who gave him the gummies. I can see right through you. :lmao: :jameo:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
pixiegirl said:
Yeah at 42 at 52 (the age my mom was w/ grandkids) you learn it's easier and more fun to just give them the damn gummies and they like you a whole lot freaking better too. "Hey mommy, can we go see that nice lady that gave me the gummies again? hu? hu? can we? can we?"
Yeah buddy :yay: I can't WAIT for grandchildren! :biggrin: When you've done this for awhile, you've had so many more important battles with your kids that gummy bears are like :pff:. Who cares? Give 'em the friggin' gummy bears.

Actually, I was thinking of my girlfriend's unreasonable 4 year old, who decided he didn't like his snowboots and didn't understand why she couldn't just conjure up a new pair right then and there. :lol: She's an older Mom and not some teenage knucklehead, so she was fairly calm about the whole incident. But she wasn't laughing and enjoying it like I was. :lol:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
vraiblonde said:
Yeah buddy :yay: I can't WAIT for grandchildren! :biggrin: When you've done this for awhile, you've had so many more important battles with your kids that gummy bears are like :pff:. Who cares? Give 'em the friggin' gummy bears.

Actually, I was thinking of my girlfriend's unreasonable 4 year old, who decided he didn't like his snowboots and didn't understand why she couldn't just conjure up a new pair right then and there. :lol: She's an older Mom and not some teenage knucklehead, so she was fairly calm about the whole incident. But she wasn't laughing and enjoying it like I was. :lol:

I was a young but not teen mom. My latest battle from my aborable 4 year old is he does not understand why he has to go to bed when I say it's bedtime, why he can not have a tv in his bedroom (because he'd surely stay up half the night watching it) and why it's important that he get up and get dressed in the morning when mommy says it's time to get up. At 4 there is no concept of the money mommy makes at work and the money it takes to pay for his nice room and all the nice toys in it. :banghead: Ungrateful little welp! :lmao:

bygeorge

:lalala:
pixiegirl said:
:yeahthat: I have a visitor for you Vrai.... :whistle:

I agree with the finally snapped theory though... The dumb bia got knocked up to keep or control the man. It didn't work. She finally snapped and took it out on the babe.

After 4.5 years of putting up with my ex husband's b/s I flicked off on him. I don't condone that sort of behavior and the stress of being a new mother certainly weighed in on it. About 5 seconds before I told him not to come back I cleaned his clock. Mind you he'd just come home after a couple days and cleaning out the checking account. I'd never imagine taking out my anger on my son.

bygeorge

The husband is the one who fed, diapered and cuddled the baby. He did ask for help from the authorities and was not given it in time. He didn't run around or leave her in the lurch. He was gone from the home for 1 1/2 hours helping a friend. The baby was asleep when he left and he returned home immediately after recieving a phone call from wifey that the baby was having trouble breathing.
Don't condemn people without knowing the whole story.

camily

Peace
bygeorge said:
The husband is the one who fed, diapered and cuddled the baby. He did ask for help from the authorities and was not given it in time. He didn't run around or leave her in the lurch. He was gone from the home for 1 1/2 hours helping a friend. The baby was asleep when he left and he returned home immediately after recieving a phone call from wifey that the baby was having trouble breathing.
And you know this because??????

camily

Peace
bygeorge said:
Also, I don't think anyone condemned the husband or really said anything too much about him.

PrepH4U

Well from the judicial case search it looks like mom had some anger/assult issues a month before the baby was even born. :shrug: Dad was no angel either right?

SaraEvans

bygeorge said:

One must be very careful with the facts as you do not seem to be. Those in the know find your comments quite laughable. This is by no means over and I would expect some major revelations to be coming forth in the not too distant future. The net has been casted and is being slowly drawn in. When one has dirt on HIS hands, it is important to be silent at all costs with the hopes of being undetected.

Signed, Someone truly in the know.