30 round magazine

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Was looing at .22 mag pistols and came across the Kel-Tec PMR 30 and noticed one of the comments was you can't buy it in MD because of the magazine capacity.

Is this correct? Do I need to establish a VA residence?

Seems to me Maryland has a law independent of the AWB limiting us to assaulting innocent people and bunnies in groups of no more than 20 at a time before we give them a chance to crawl away.

edinsomd

Please correct me if I'm wrong; I believe hi-cap mags are illegal to sell in MD, but not to possess.

Nucklesack

Was looing at .22 mag pistols and came across the Kel-Tec PMR 30 and noticed one of the comments was you can't buy it in MD because of the magazine capacity.

Is this correct? Do I need to establish a VA residence?

Or you can find a store in Virginia that sells them. But you will not be able to get them shipped (legally) in Maryland.

Maryland doesnt outlaw you having them, its illegal for them to be sold in Maryland.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Or you can find a store in Virginia that sells them. But you will not be able to get them shipped (legally) in Maryland.

Maryland doesnt outlaw you having them, its illegal for them to be sold in Maryland.
Can it be gifted to you?

Animal

I eat red meat
It seems it would be illegal in this "gun friendly state" :sarcasm:

§4–305 of the Criminal Law article -

(a) This section does not apply to a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine.

(b) A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

That's an option, Clark Bro.s in Opal isn't that far. Is it legal for them to sell to a non-VA resident?

Nucklesack

The question is about buying the pistol in the first post.

it was? damn i missed that i thought it was about buying a 30 round magazine :killingme

haha went back and clicked the link didnt realize it was a Kel-Tec pistol, i thought it was a magazine for a Kel-Tec

oops

Animal

I eat red meat
That's an option, Clark Bro.s in Opal isn't that far. Is it legal for them to sell to a non-VA resident?
I am pretty sure it is illegal under Federal law for a dealer to sell anything other than shotguns and rifles to non-residents.