30 round magazine

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I have like 50 30 rd mags and they are all totally legal. I buy them online and ship them to my buddy in PA and then I pick them up when I visit. Not legal to posses just illegal to buy and have shipped in state unless they are disassembled and then you assemble them out side of state lines. :whistle:

Animal

I eat red meat
I have like 50 30 rd mags and they are all totally legal. I buy them online and ship them to my buddy in PA and then I pick them up when I visit. Not legal to posses just illegal to buy and have shipped in state unless they are disassembled and then you assemble them out side of state lines. :whistle:
Is this a typo or are you saying that it is illegal to possess them?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

Again, the question isn't about buying the magazine, it's about buying a gun that has a 30 shot mag

Animal

I eat red meat
I e-mailed Clark Bro.s and asked that question. Haven't heard back yet. Might ask my BIL to get it for me next time they're in VA
I found this at § 18.2-308.2:2 Code of Virginia -

C. No dealer shall sell, rent, trade or transfer from his inventory any firearm, (except when the transaction involves a rifle or a shotgun and can be accomplished pursuant to the provisions of subdivision B 5) to any person who is not a resident of Virginia unless he has first obtained from the Department of State Police a report indicating that a search of all available criminal history record information has not disclosed that the person is prohibited from possessing or transporting a firearm under state or federal law. The dealer shall obtain the required report by mailing or delivering the written consent form required under subsection A to the State Police within 24 hours of its execution. If the dealer has complied with the provisions of this subsection and has not received the required report from the State Police within 10 days from the date the written consent form was mailed to the Department of State Police, he shall not be deemed in violation of this section for thereafter completing the sale or transfer.
If I am reading it correctly it seems that you could apply to make the purchase and if nothing is returned from the State Police report within ten days the dealer could legally sell it to you.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
If I am reading it correctly it seems that you could apply to make the purchase and if nothing is returned from the State Police report within ten days the dealer could legally sell it to you.

10 day wait for a background check :yay: I can live with that

You can not buy a regulated weapon in a state of which you are not a resident unless the seller has a FFL in the state you do reside in (you can buy a handgun at Gander Mountain in Fredericksburg because they have a store in Salisbury).

bulldog

You can not buy a regulated weapon in a state of which you are not a resident unless the seller has a FFL in the state you do reside in (you can buy a handgun at Gander Mountain in Fredericksburg because they have a store in Salisbury).

You sure? I tried to buy a hand gun at Bass Pro Shops in VA, but although they have a store in MD, they would not sell to me.

Nucklesack

You sure? I tried to buy a hand gun at Bass Pro Shops in VA, but although they have a store in MD, they would not sell to me.

You can buy a non-regulated gun at a Virginia *Bass Pro (Shotgun) but if the gun is regulated (banned) in Maryland you still can not get it, even if its legal in Vriginia.

Subject to the Stores policy, the store may have a policy that doesnt allow it, even if the Law does.

bulldog

You can buy a non-regulated gun at a Virginia *Bass Pro (Shotgun) but if the gun is regulated (banned) in Maryland you still can not get it, even if its legal in Vriginia.

Subject to the Stores policy, the store may have a policy that doesnt allow it, even if the Law does.

I agree as long as you're not saying the words regulated and banned mean the same thing. Hand guns are not banned in MD, but I can't buy one at any Bass Pro in VA without being a resident of VA. Yes, as a MD resident I can buy a long gun (not just shot gun) in VA as long as that gun is legal in MD, but you can't buy a hand gun in VA unless you are a VA resident.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I agree as long as you're not saying the words regulated and banned mean the same thing. Hand guns are not banned in MD, but I can't buy one at any Bass Pro in VA without being a resident of VA. Yes, as a MD resident I can buy a long gun (not just shot gun) in VA as long as that gun is legal in MD, but you can't buy a hand gun in VA unless you are a VA resident.

Does that also apply at gun shows??

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Can you buy the gun without the mag. I would think that would be legal in MD. Then you could go to a gun show in VA or PA and purchase the high capacity magazine for the gun.

I think the mfr would have to supply a magazine that's 20 rounds or less for it to be legal her in MD.

... and I sent Kel-tec an e-mail asking if they could produce one :biggrin:

bulldog

I think the mfr would have to supply a magazine that's 20 rounds or less for it to be legal her in MD.

... and I sent Kel-tec an e-mail asking if they could produce one :biggrin:

The difference between them being able to and willing to is the catch. I just called thier customer service department and at this point there are no plans for anything other than the 30 round mag. They are getting a lot of calls from California as well...people very upset that they can't get this gun. The gun itself won't be available anywhere until the second quarter and seems that it will have a very high demand.

What a gift...for MD to be in the same boat as CA.