4 Boy Scout Leaders Die In Electrical Accident

itsbob

I bowl overhand
itsbob said:
I can see Fireman Dave (?) [Jim Carey] 'Let me show ya sumfin!!'
Looking at the picture in the article, it looks like the pole is still sitting on the wires, they were actually setting up the tent directly underneath power lines.. DUH!! Volunteers they may be, and I give them all the kudos in the world for vounteering, but SOMEBODY should have the brains to know about metal poles and electrical wires.. Good thing these guys didn't kill any of the kids!!

nomoney

I, a mother who is going to be entering her sons in scouting, who's husband was an eagle scout, who's family still vonlunteers with scouts regularly, did not take offense to this statement. Bonehead, chill the eff out.

rack'm

Jaded
Bonehead said:
I think your signature just about says it all. "Just another smart ass."

WOW.....your mother must be so proud of you for FINALLY figuring that one out.......

GEZZUS FARKING CHRIST.........:duh: X 1,000,000

nomoney

Bonehead said:
Racem. You comment on four mens death is inappropriate. These were men that went out of their way and traveled thousands of miles to support Scouting and their Scouts. And you have the audacity to make light of their death. You are the worst kind of dickhead !
and if they had had some common sense they would still be alive and you'd be bored today.

rack'm said:
why not sign in under your real name??
I assume that you are implying that Bonehead is an MPD? I know that Bonehead has been a member for many years (as Bonehead). To the best of my knowledge, Bonehead does not have any MPD's. I may be wrong about this, but I don't believe I am.

FYI,
YOU, an obvious MPD, talking about another member and saying that they are not signing in as themself, is quite funny. I may not know who you really are, but I do know that you are an MPD. I DO know Bonehead, in the real world. He was a partaker in the original venison giveaway.

nomoney said:
I, a mother who is going to be entering her sons in scouting, who's husband was an eagle scout, who's family still vonlunteers with scouts regularly, did not take offense to this statement.
I, an Eagle Scout, who's son IS in Scouting, who is currently a Cub Scout leader, who is taking a group of current and future Scouts to the Jamboree on Saturday, DID take offense at the tastless comment.

rack'm

Jaded
huntr1 said:
I assume that you are implying that Bonehead is an MPD? I know that Bonehead has been a member for many years (as Bonehead). To the best of my knowledge, Bonehead does not have any MPD's. I may be wrong about this, but I don't believe I am.

FYI,
YOU, an obvious MPD, talking about another member and saying that they are not signing in as themself, is quite funny. I may not know who you really are, but I do know that you are an MPD. I DO know Bonehead, in the real world. He was a partaker in the original venison giveaway.

1. I've got red three times saying pretty much the same thing, he's got more abuser names than just bonehead. :lol:

2. Who I am in irrelevant to my original statement. :shrug:

The shear irony of the accident in itself is funny. :shrug:

nomoney

huntr1 said:
I, an Eagle Scout, who's son IS in Scouting, who is currently a Cub Scout leader, who is taking a group of current and future Scouts to the Jamboree on Saturday, DID take offense at the tastless comment.

Don't get electrocuted!!! :yikes:

rack'm

Jaded
huntr1 said:

Look up before raising anything. :yay::yay:

itsbob said:
Looking at the picture in the article, it looks like the pole is still sitting on the wires, they were actually setting up the tent directly underneath power lines.. DUH!! Volunteers they may be, and I give them all the kudos in the world for vounteering, but SOMEBODY should have the brains to know about metal poles and electrical wires.. Good thing these guys didn't kill any of the kids!!
Maybe you are seeing different photos than me. I see 2, one with a large then and a bunch of vehicles, and one with a line repairman. In neither photo do I see the tent pole that hit the wires.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
huntr1 said:
Well, if I were you, I'd be going out of my way to meet the volunteers. My sons were in Scouting, and I volunteered quite a bit, just because I wanted to make sure things were done right, and safely.. being a Scout, or even an Eagle Scout, doesn't make you a master outdoorsman, nor a rocket scientist, or in this case have 4 ounces of common sense. Course the only requirement to be a volunteer is that you NOT be a homosexual.. no IQ tests, or outdoors testing.. etc..

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I thought the 'forum rule of thumb' was if it wasn't someone's parent, child, sibling or spouse, the story was 'fair game' to comment on. :shrug:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
huntr1 said:
Maybe you are seeing different photos than me. I see 2, one with a large then and a bunch of vehicles, and one with a line repairman. In neither photo do I see the tent pole that hit the wires.
Enlarge the picture on the LEFT.. it has a telephone pole in the foreground.. and if you look closely you'll see the center pole of the BIG white tent sittin on wires in the background..

itsbob said:
Well, if I were you, I'd be going out of my way to meet the volunteers. My sons were in Scouting, and I volunteered quite a bit, just because I wanted to make sure things were done right, and safely.. being a Scout, or even an Eagle Scout, doesn't make you a master outdoorsman, nor a rocket scientist, or in this case have 4 ounces of common sense. Course the only requirement to be a volunteer is that you NOT be a homosexual.. no IQ tests, or outdoors testing.. etc..
Have to agree that setting up a tent, regardless of the size, directly under electrical wires was dumb. Not debating that. Just plain stupid.

rack'm

Jaded
huntr1 said:
Have to agree that setting up a tent, regardless of the size, directly under electrical wires was dumb. Not debating that. Just plain stupid.

So, are you finally seeing where my sarcastic post makes sense?? :confused:

nomoney

huntr1 said:

YOu are soooo mean to say that about those poor dead volunteers :bawl: That is not funny, not funny at all :mad: