5 Reasons Men Don't Ask You Out

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

1. You insist on being staunchly independent.​

No one can argue with the advantages of self-sufficiency. However, some women wear that independence as a badge of honor. Maybe your self-sufficiency was hard won and came at a big price, so you tout that boldly.

The trouble is, men find the staunchly independent woman unattractive.

This might surprise you, but men actually want to feel needed. Good men want to help you fix things, open jars, or build stuff. So, when you brag about how you can do everything yourself, he feels unneeded.

What are you supposed to do?

Don’t brag about your independence before the first date. Keep that amazing accomplishment under wraps initially, and let him see your softer side first. He’ll recognize your independence, but you don’t need to rub it in his face.

2. You are all business all the time.​

3. You are too much soccer Mom, not enough woman.​

4. You put out too much negativity and spend too much time complaining.​

5. You get too wrapped up in sharing love war stories.​

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Men are pains in the ass. They say they want a strong woman, but they really don't because it just highlights how weak they are. They say they want an independent woman, but that threatens their masculinity. So they get some woman who is docile and sweet, then they bitch because she's boring and cheat on her with the tatted up barmaid.

:crazy:

DaSDGuy

Men are pains in the ass. They say they want a strong woman, but they really don't because it just highlights how weak they are. They say they want an independent woman, but that threatens their masculinity. So they get some woman who is docile and sweet, then they bitch because she's boring and cheat on her with the tatted up barmaid.

Um, not hardly. That tatted up barmaid is a dude.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Looking back, I sure am glad I married young. Wifey worked retail and took a hiatus to give me two wonderful children. When the youngest went off to school, she went back to work. I had dated one that was on the path to become one of those "strong" independent women. I was really lucky.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Men are pains in the ass. They say they want a strong woman, but they really don't because it just highlights how weak they are. They say they want an independent woman, but that threatens their masculinity. So they get some woman who is docile and sweet, then they bitch because she's boring and cheat on her with the tatted up barmaid.:crazy:

Too much of a generalization.

Allow me.

Men just want a woman to be a woman. Men do not want to compete with their girlfriend/wife. It takes women a whole lot of unpractical application to go against the natural order life to not be a good mother or wife and instead be a feminist that demands more than she contributes. Women just cannot accept their natural roles in modern society. Men don't need to be told of their failings or shortcomings by a woman, they already know. Men want to be nurtured, they want comfort and to be accepted as they are. Men want to snuggle against a women without fear of question. Even the most strongest and industrious man wants and needs these things. But not from a competitor nit picking woman trying to be his equal in areas where she doesn't belong.

It is not that a man thinks his masculinity is being threatened. That canard is what woman say to explain why men hate some women. Men just do not sit and think of or about their masculinity. You say men, "want an independent woman, but that threatens their masculinity". That is really a BS statement. Men want a strong, (a good head on her shoulders), woman that compliments the union. Not some woman that tries to wear the pants of the family and take on roles a man normally fulfills. There can only be one captain leading the family ship, and too many woman are trying to be the captain going against the very fiber of a natural man/woman relationship. And this is where most relationship friction originates, women attempting to take on roles in a relationship that they shouldn't.

BTW. You need to change your site copyright year to 2023 now.

ontheriver

I have always believed that being strong is a good thing. Men and women. A woman can be strong.... and that doesn't mean she can't be soft.
I refuse to dumb myself down for anyone. I want an equal. People play too many stupid games. Count me out of that nonsense. Mutual respect.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There can only be one captain leading the family ship, and too many woman are trying to be the captain going against the very fiber of a natural man/woman relationship. And this is where most relationship friction originates, women attempting to take on roles in a relationship that they shouldn't.

I'm a fan of each party contributing what they're good at, regardless of gender. There's no "shouldn't" when it comes to gender roles. Here in the modern age there can be two captains in a relationship. Co-captains.

Anyway, these whiny "Why men/women don't want you" articles irritate me. They're written by a single person who thinks they're every man/woman in the world and speak for all.

GregV814

I'm a fan of each party contributing what they're good at, regardless of gender. There's no "shouldn't" when it comes to gender roles. Here in the modern age there can be two captains in a relationship. Co-captains.

Anyway, these whiny "Why men/women don't want you" articles irritate me. They're written by a single person who thinks they're every man/woman in the world and speak for all.
an old old saying is, "two Captains sink the ship"....

GregV814

yeah? yeah? yea??? well, two heads are better than one, EXCEPT BEHIND THE WHEEL.. (CREDIT MR. MARSINCO, MY DRIVERS ED TEACHER IN HIGH SCHOOL)!!!!

two rights make a 90 degree angle.... (credit Pythagoras and his theory) or something...

shave and a haircut TWO bits....

Becky Cotton killed her husbands in South Carolina but was slaughtered by her brother in the early 1800's....

so, there... HA!!!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

And yet here I am, happily married to a strong and very independent woman.

But this "tatted up barmaid"...where is she working?. Asking for a friend....

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
And yet here I am, happily married to a strong and very independent woman.

But this "tatted up barmaid"...where is she working?. Asking for a friend....
She's now working at CVS in Leonardtown. Someone close to her should tell her that the grade school level of "artwork" ought to be covered up while dealing with the public. I'm all for self expression, but there is a time and place for everything.