Votes: 11 28.2%
  • No we all would die

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Not sure what I would do

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters

Pandora

Baby killers :mad:

I am so glad I have never been faced with such a situation. The Schindler's List and later witness accounts really bothered me. :ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know what would be awful? To be the guy that has to take down a little kid because some ####### has strapped it with explosives and sent it into your base.

craberta

I remember an episode of mash where a baby was smothered on a bus by its mother and I think Hawkeye was on the bus, he was so traumatised that he replaced the baby in his memory of it, with a chicken. I saw this episode as a kid, and even then I knew I would rather die that kill a baby. I would not want ti live in a world where it was an accepted thing to do by anyone.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Lemme see, if there is one U.S. Marine in that basement, then we all walk out and over the bodies of my enemy.

This is my rifle...

Last edited:

Mikeinsmd

I remember an episode of mash where a baby was smothered on a bus by its mother and I think Hawkeye was on the bus, he was so traumatised that he replaced the baby in his memory of it, with a chicken. I saw this episode as a kid, and even then I knew I would rather die that kill a baby. I would not want ti live in a world where it was an accepted thing to do by anyone.
You don't read threads do you?

It was actually the final episode of M*A*S*H:

Classic Episode - Goodbye, Farewell and Amen

You beat me to it. The episode that cause Hawkeye to go crazy.

He kept telling Dr. Sidney Freidman that the damn chicken wouldn't shut up. It was the baby crying.

Last edited:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Sitting here in theory, I would smother the baby. Not sure if I could really do it in real life.

Unless it was one of those whiny I-Want-My-Way-NOW crying children - then I could smother it with no problem.

Even in a check-out line. :yay:

SoMDGirl42

I couldn't smother a baby. I'd do everything I could to get it to be quiet, and do a lot of praying to get out alive. I'd probably go so far as to throw myself over the baby and take the bullets to protect the child. The children are innocent. I wouldn't hesitate to smother the bad guys though.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I think in all honesty it depends on the situation, circumstances, war, emotional state, etc.

If you've been living in a combat situation for an extended period of time, you become, "desynthesized" for lack of a better word to anything but your own survival. Look at the atrocious stories that come out of war ravaged countries.

However there are scenarios where the survival of all doesn't really matter on the child crying and giving away the position:

if the enemy soldiers are US American soldiers, I'd surrender in a heartbeat for three hots and a cot.

if the enemy is zombies outside the door, I'd let that baby cry away. Big whoop.

if the enemy could be equiped with night vision, heat seeking goggles, they already know we are in there.

I can see both sides of the fence on this one, however, you can't say what you will do until you personally are faced with that situation and are living in that moment and can allow for those particular circumstances/war situation.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
In the movie Quigley Down Under, Crazy Cora tells a story about killing her baby in this manner.

You know what would be awful? To be the guy that has to take down a little kid because some ####### has strapped it with explosives and sent it into your base.

The bomb that was used in the attempt to blow up that Pakistan exile lady a couple months was strapped to a 1 year old boy... his daddy did it.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I can think of a multitude of ways to stop a child from crying without killing it. I never understand why that woman in MASH killed the kid. Two hands over the mouth only will stop the noise and the child can still breathe.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
The bomb that was used in the attempt to blow up that Pakistan exile lady a couple months was strapped to a 1 year old boy... his daddy did it.

Same type tactic was used in WWII, Korea and VietNam.

~mellabella~

I think in all honesty it depends on the situation, circumstances, war, emotional state, etc.

If you've been living in a combat situation for an extended period of time, you become, "desynthesized" for lack of a better word to anything but your own survival. Look at the atrocious stories that come out of war ravaged countries.

However there are scenarios where the survival of all doesn't really matter on the child crying and giving away the position:

if the enemy soldiers are US American soldiers, I'd surrender in a heartbeat for three hots and a cot.

if the enemy is zombies outside the door, I'd let that baby cry away. Big whoop.

if the enemy could be equiped with night vision, heat seeking goggles, they already know we are in there.

I can see both sides of the fence on this one, however, you can't say what you will do until you personally are faced with that situation and are living in that moment and can allow for those particular circumstances/war situation.

:yeahthat: