Abortion Issues

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

In States That Limited Abortion After Dobbs, Biden’s Federal Agencies Are Pushing It Anyway

Just last week, news broke that Stephanie Carter, an Army veteran and nurse practitioner at a Veterans Affairs (VA) hospital in Texas, is suing the Department of Veterans Affairs for forcing her to handle and distribute abortion pills — one of the latest mandates enacted by the Biden administration to circumvent the Dobbs decision. The “Reproductive Health Services” rule enacted in September “immediately allowed elective abortions at VA medical clinics.”

This rule does not currently allow for religious exemptions for workers like Carter, who have religious objections that conflict with this life-ending procedure. When Carter attempted to opt out of the handling and distribution of abortion pills at the Olin E. Teague Veterans’ Center, her supervisor refused, according to a report from Live Action. This egregious violation of religious freedom has resulted in First Liberty Institute filing a lawsuit on Carter’s behalf.

To make matters worse, because this VA hospital is under both federal and state jurisdiction, Carter could be held liable for providing this abortion access, as it potentially conflicts with the various abortion restrictions in Texas.

“The rule that’s at issue in this case,” according to Danielle Runyan, an attorney of First Liberty Institute, “allows for abortions to be provided … to protect the life or health of the mother. ‘Health’ [can be] a wide variety of things that can potentially be in conflict with the laws of the state of Texas. So not only are Ms. Carter’s religious liberties being violated, but she could also be held criminally and civilly liable here in Texas if she complies with the rule.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Birmingham has buffer zones around clinics to prevent individuals from “engaging in any act of approval or disapproval” about abortion through “verbal or written means, prayer or counseling,” according to CBN.

"It's abhorrently wrong that I was searched, arrested, interrogated by police, and charged simply for praying in the privacy of my own mind," Vaughan-Spruce said. "Censorship zones purport to ban harassment, which is already illegal. Nobody should ever be subject to harassment."

"But what I did was the furthest thing from harmful – I was exercising my freedom of thought, my freedom of religion, inside the privacy of my own mind. Nobody should be criminalized for thinking and for praying, in a public space in the UK," she added.

ADF UK Legal Counsel Jeremiah Igunnubole called the incident "deeply concerning" and a "watershed moment" for the country.

Hijinx

It's a bit confusing when a person goes to Church and his Church allows baby-killers like Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden to remain as "good" Catholics, while tossing out one of their priests for his anti-abortion stances.

Here is my question: I do not want to stop people from attending and supporting the Catholic Church, I do not want to be guilty of blasphemous actions, But I support the excommunication of Pelosi and Biden and I support Fr. Pavone and his anti-abortion performance. I do not support the Bishop's and the Pope in their efforts to bring illegals into my country. What am I supposed to do.? Attend Church and keep my mouth shut? Or inform other Catholics who are uninformed of this? Many of whom are much more devout than myself. I don't wish to hurt their devotion, but aren't they entitled to the truth?

black dog

Free America
It's a bit confusing when a person goes to Church and his Church allows baby-killers like Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden to remain as "good" Catholics, while tossing out one of their priests for his anti-abortion stances.

Here is my question: I do not want to stop people from attending and supporting the Catholic Church, I do not want to be guilty of blasphemous actions, But I support the excommunication of Pelosi and Biden and I support Fr. Pavone and his anti-abortion performance. I do not support the Bishop's and the Pope in their efforts to bring illegals into my country. What am I supposed to do.? Attend Church and keep my mouth shut? Or inform other Catholics who are uninformed of this? Many of whom are much more devout than myself. I don't wish to hurt their devotion, but aren't they entitled to the truth?
Worry about Your House, let the neighbors worry about theres.

Truth in the Catholic Church, like many other churches, its full of sinners and hypocritical members and clergy.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Jerry Nadler Argues Taking Babies to Hospital who Survive Abortions to Save Them – “Endangers” the Baby

Democrats prefer the abortion doctor let the baby bleed out on the table.

Rep. Jerry Nadler: The problem with this bill is not that it makes anything , its not that it provides any new protection for infants. The problem with this bill is it endangers some infants in saying that infant must immediately be brought to the hospital. Where depending on the circumstances that may be the right thing to do for the health and survival of that infant. Or it may not. That is the problem with this bill. It directs and mandates a certain medical care which may not be appropriate which may endanger the life of the infant.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
These "pro-death" folks are sure going to have a rude awakening on judgment day! :yay:

Hijinx

When you view these young innocent lives , how can anyone with any good in their mind feel that it needs to be killed or allowed to die without care.

Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed for it's evils, but those evils were nothing to murdering children because some "Doctor" failed to kill it before it was born. It's America's form of the "Holocaust." It's an evil that no right thinking person believes is right.

I cannot condemn everyone who belongs to the Democrat party, but I do condemn the people they elected to Congress. Politicians who vote cult like for evil are evil.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Two Florida Residents Indicted on Federal Charges in Connection with Pregnancy Resource Center Attacks

The DOJ alleges the pair violated the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrance (FACES) Act, which prohibits the use of any type of force or intimidation against anyone seeking an abortion or anyone exercising their First Amendment right of religious freedom. Additionally, it prohibits intentionally damaging or destroying a place of worship or reproductive-health-care facility.

The pair also targeted facilities in Hollywood and Hialeah, according to the indictment.

Freestone and Smith-Stewart face up to twelve years in prison, three years of supervised release, and fines of up to $350,000 if convicted.

A Facebook page that appears to belong to Smith-Stewart shows an apparent affiliation with Antifa. The page’s cover photo is an Antifa flag, while the profile picture features an Antifa sticker that says, “Fight all governments there’s no authority but yourself” and another sticker that reads, “make racists afraid again.” Another partially obscured sticker says, in part, “F*** the cops.”

In August 2021, Smith-Stewart posted a picture of a burning American flag and wrote, “The united states is a white mans land. They have made that very clear, they target our people, kill and incarcerate our black men and women. Enough is enough. Its more important then ever to get organized and take direct action. Muerte a América.”

One month later, Smith-Stewart posted, “Let me make this abundantly clear for the people in the back. i am an ABOLITIONIST. I do NOT believe in reform,” seemingly referring to abolishing the police.

In November 2021, Smith-Stewart shared a virtual flyer for a “protest against white supremacy” that suggested Kyle Rittenhouse was guilty. Rittenhouse was found not guilty on all charges after shooting three people, killing two, during the riots in Kenosha, Wis., in August 2020.

“Immediate action in Tallahassee!!!!” Smith-Stewart captioned the flyer. “They wanna f*** around, they gonna find out! WE KEEP US SAFE. If youre able to show up, you better be showing out. Lets show them what direct action is all about.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Minnesota Legislature Passes Barbaric Bill to Legalize Abortions Up Until Birth

The Minnesota state senate passed an abortion rights bill that guarantees a right to an abortion up to the time of birth.

The bill, known as the Protect Reproductive Options (PRO) Act, passed by a vote of 34-33 and now goes to Gov. Bill Walz’s desk. He has indicated he will sign it.

“Minnesotans don’t support elective third-trimester abortion. They just don’t. But that’s what this extreme bill entrenches in our state law: the right to abort any baby for any reason at any time up to birth,” said Minnesota Citizens Concerned for Life (MCCL) Co-Executive Director Cathy Blaeser. “Under this bill, even babies who are old enough to live outside the womb and to feel excruciating pain have no protection from lethal violence. The extremism of H.F. 1 puts Minnesota in the same category as just a handful of countries around the world, including North Korea and China.”

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
^None of my friends from Minnesota would support that, even though many are just a bit left of center.

SamSpade

Minnesota Legislature Passes Barbaric Bill to Legalize Abortions Up Until Birth

The Minnesota state senate passed an abortion rights bill that guarantees a right to an abortion up to the time of birth.

The bill, known as the Protect Reproductive Options (PRO) Act, passed by a vote of 34-33 and now goes to Gov. Bill Walz’s desk. He has indicated he will sign it.

“Minnesotans don’t support elective third-trimester abortion. They just don’t. But that’s what this extreme bill entrenches in our state law: the right to abort any baby for any reason at any time up to birth,” said Minnesota Citizens Concerned for Life (MCCL) Co-Executive Director Cathy Blaeser. “Under this bill, even babies who are old enough to live outside the womb and to feel excruciating pain have no protection from lethal violence. The extremism of H.F. 1 puts Minnesota in the same category as just a handful of countries around the world, including North Korea and China.”
And yet, they voted for this legislative body.

I've said before, say it now, will say it again - abortion should be decided by the people and not nine persons on a bench. If the people say no, the answer's no. If they say yes, answer's yes. If they agree on somewhere in between, then that's what we do.

And the only way for the PEOPLE to decide is - give it to the states to handle. Which is what it did.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Mark Houck, Pro-Life Dad Targeted By Biden Regime, Acquitted Of Trumped-Up Charges

On Monday a federal jury acquitted Mark Houck, the Christian pro-life activist whose house was swarmed by FBI agents last fall in front of his wife and children. The not-guilty verdict comes more than four months after the Biden administration accused Houck of violating federal law for protecting his son from an angry abortion activist across the street from a Planned Parenthood in 2021.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

You probably caught the cackling and one young lady gleefully shouting: “We want to see them dead!”

In the video below, you can watch two pro-choice males admitting that an unborn baby is in fact alive. But at the same time, they would have no problem with killing a child in the womb. In fact, they claim to have done worse things.

Another quote from the great minds wandering the hall of the University of Vermont: “F*** them kids.” As Craven writes, “Worse than killing preborn children? How low do their standards go? ” I suspect the statement from the student barely begins to plumb the depths. Another poor excuse for a scholar also stole the sign-up sheet with the contact information for students who were interested in learning more about the group. Hopefully, they just threw it away. But I would not be surprised if someone on campus finds a way to put that list to a nefarious use.

Fortunately, the school’s student life administrator came and told the protestors to disperse. At first they refused, until she told them that she would get someone to help her with the “next steps.”

What would you like to bet that if a Second Amendment advocacy group came to the University of Vermont, they would be roundly attacked because guns “kill people”? That definition of people does not include unborn babies. F*** them kids, right, students? It is sobering and frightening to think that these individuals probably would not see the irony. But let’s be honest, I’m not sure if these “college students” even know how to spell “irony.”

It may be that some of these were just idiot stoners having a goof at the expense of Craven and Elkins, and wanted to see just how offensive they could be for the fun of it. But the pro-choice movement is known for its violence and disregard for life, and for freedom of speech. But a young woman yelling “we want to see them dead” betrays the dark and twisted heart of the pro-choice movement. This girl has sold her soul. Rather cheaply, I might add. And America is a cold, bleak, and wintry place. It has morphed into a landscape whose features are violent, hyper-cynical, hyper-sexual, and cruel. It is quickly becoming a nation of narcissists, who do not care about the life of a fetus — or probably your life. They may not even recognize the potential value of their lives, as they seem so keen to throw life away.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
^Zoo Vee Emm has been a bed of Marxist, anti-American thought since before Bernie came on the scene in the 70's.
The People's Republic of Burlington has long been Vermont's looney bin.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Does the Constitution Protect Abortion? A Federal Judge Thinks It May Do Just That.

Kollar-Kotelly believes that she has found the grounds she needs in the 13th Amendment. She has drawn inspiration from several articles, including an op-ed in The Hill by Andrew Koppleman. In the piece, “Abortion and the 13th Amendment” from January of last year, Koppleman wrote in part:

Forced pregnancy’s violation of personal liberty is obvious. Restrictions on abortion also violate the amendment’s guarantee of equality, because forcing women to be mothers makes them into (what so much tradition defined them as) a servant caste, a group that, by virtue of a status of birth, is held subject to a special duty to serve others and not themselves. (It is also pertinent that abortion restrictions disproportionately burden Black women.)
The argument is not an analogy. The amendment is at its core a break with a reprehensible past, a determination not to repeat certain specific historical wrongs. For a large part of the slave population, loss over their reproductive capacities, and compulsion to bear children whether they wished or no, was one of those wrongs. Many enslaved women wanted children, of course, and parents were devoted to their families despite heartbreaking obstacles. But they still had little choice. “Every indignity that comes from the denial of reproductive autonomy,” Dorothy Roberts writes, “can be found in slave women’s lives – the harms of treating women’s wombs as procreative vessels, of policies that pit a mother’s welfare against that of her unborn child, and of government attempts to manipulate women’s childbearing decisions through threats and bribes.”