Accident in front of Loveville MVA

M

missperky

wildchild78 said:
Nothing legally but they have to live with it mentally!
What about the other family? I would much rather be the one in jail serving for killing a passenger, then being the parent that lost a kid. IMO

wildchild78

Nickel said:
I doubt the officer at the scene has much to do with the court system.

yea the do.....the officer at the scene issues the ticket. whenever you get pulled over an officer can give you a ticket that says "must appear" and you will get a love letter in the mail with a court date....

M

missperky

wildchild78 said:
yea the do.....the officer at the scene issues the ticket. whenever you get pulled over an officer can give you a ticket that says "must appear" and you will get a love letter in the mail with a court date....
We aren't talkin about getting pulled over here.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
wildchild78 said:
"Manslaughter" is a criminal offense, not a traffic ticket. You will not be brought up for charges of manslaughter in traffic court. The police officer has no bearing on wether or not a District Attorney will file charges against you.

M

missperky

Nickel said:
"Manslaughter" is a criminal offense, not a traffic ticket. You will not be brought up for charges of manslaughter in traffic court. The police officer has no bearing on wether or not a District Attorney will file charges against you.
:clap:

M

missperky

wildchild78 said:
I know that but the POINT is the officer issues the ticket that sends you to court!!!
Please read Nickel's response. TIA

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
wildchild78 said:
I know that but the POINT is the officer issues the ticket that sends you to court!!!
For reckless driving maybe, but that's not what we're talking about. Do you think that when you murder someone, a police officer gives you a ticket and you go to court? You don't know what you're talking about, so just stop.

muwha8

Nickel said:
That's yet to be determined. The charges were reduced in December, I can't remember when it'll go to trial.
Sorry about that for you and your brother. I couldn't imagine the grief if I got in an accident and killed one of my family or friends, you know it could happen to anyone, thats why they are called ACCIDENTS, they are not intentional (don't know if thats the right spelling). I bet just about every one here can think back to some stupid thing they once did in their life that could have harmed themselves or the people they were with but they got lucky and it didn't. I remember when I was 15 (not licensed) I would steal my moms car and drive from mechanicsville to 7th district to lexington park, and there were times we almost crashed, when I think about that alls I can think is what in the hell was I thinking! You gotta realize teenagers have a completely different mentality.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Okay, they all went to Chopticon, might or might not have been violative of the provision of no passengers unless immediate family for the first 151 days, and the accident was a tragedy. But what the heck were they doing on Rt.5 in Loveville having passed up turning towards Chopticon back at Rt 242 in either Morganza or Clements, I understand that they lived near Thompson's Corner. Why were they down in Loveville?

M

missperky

Ken King said:
Okay, they all went to Chopticon, might or might not have been violative of the provision of no passengers unless immediate family for the first 151 days, and the accident was a tragedy. But what the heck were they doing on Rt.5 in Loveville having passed up turning towards Chopticon back at Rt 242 in either Morganza or Clements, I understand that they lived near Thompson's Corner. Why were they down in Loveville?
And what time does CHS start?

M

missperky

Ken King said:
Don't know, the accident was at about 0740, when do the classes or homeroom start?
I'm not sure, I'm not in school, but I thought most high schools started before 7.

amishstalker

Enjoying the ride!!!!
must be in homeroom at 8:00.

I also heard that half the school is planning on attending the funeral tomorrow, and the absence will be excused. I dont know if that is true or not.

M

missperky

amishstalker said:
must be in homeroom at 8:00.

I also heard that half the school is planning on attending the funeral tomorrow, and the absence will be excused. I dont know if that is true or not.

Is this the normal time or has it changed over the years?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
Yes they do, my little brother was charged (in court) with manslaughter for the death of his passenger in an accident.
Was that around here? Chancellors Run Rd?