Accident in front of Loveville MVA

MMDad

Lem Putt
Ken King said:
Okay, they all went to Chopticon, might or might not have been violative of the provision of no passengers unless immediate family for the first 151 days, and the accident was a tragedy. But what the heck were they doing on Rt.5 in Loveville having passed up turning towards Chopticon back at Rt 242 in either Morganza or Clements, I understand that they lived near Thompson's Corner. Why were they down in Loveville?

:yay: I had the same thought. And southbound?

"On 01-06-06 at 0739 hours a car carrying 4 youth ranging in age from 14 to 17 years old crossed the center line, while traveling south bound on State Route 5 in Loveville"

V

Vixen

Ken King said:
Don't know, the accident was at about 0740, when do the classes or homeroom start?

I thought it was earlier than that. :ohwell: Good questions Ken. Someone who isn't familiar with the area may not have realized that this accident really didn't seem to have happened on the way to school.

How many parents told their kids about the accident? :howdy: I know I told my boys and when the footage came on the news, I made sure they saw.

amishstalker

Enjoying the ride!!!!
MMDad said:
:yay: I had the same thought. And southbound?

"On 01-06-06 at 0739 hours a car carrying 4 youth ranging in age from 14 to 17 years old crossed the center line, while traveling south bound on State Route 5 in Loveville"

My daughter said rumor was they were going to McDonalds first. Again, I dont know if this is accurate or not.

amishstalker

Enjoying the ride!!!!
Vixen said:
I thought it was earlier than that. :ohwell: Good questions Ken. Someone who isn't familiar with the area may not have realized that this accident really didn't seem to have happened on the way to school.

How many parents told their kids about the accident? :howdy: I know I told my boys and when the footage came on the news, I made sure they saw.

I was at work when I heard about the accident, and i panicked. I let my daugther drive to school that day. I was so worried that I called the school and asked that she call me as soon as class let out. It was about 20 min before she called, the longest 20 min of my life.

I have talked to my girls about it quite a bit. Trying to make them understand how things change in an instant.

MargeInCharge

amishstalker said:
must be in homeroom at 8:00.

I also heard that half the school is planning on attending the funeral tomorrow, and the absence will be excused. I dont know if that is true or not.

Yep, I believe school used to start at 7:20, now it starts at 8:00. It was changed a couple years ago. Only a few schools still open early in St. Mary's. I know Esperanza Middle is one of them.

Thought it was odd they were traveling south too, but it's very possible they could have been going to McD's. I drop my son off at Chopticon at 7:00 each morning, and then have a wait before dropping my daughter off at Margaret Brent at 8:00, so lots of mornings we travel on down to L'town to get McD's or even go to Food Lion to get something quick to eat in between. So that's plausible.

I'll ask my son about absenses being excused tomorrow. They are in the middle of finals, so not sure how that would work out. I've talked to my son quite a bit about the accident, as he has his learner's permit right now and getting set to get his provisionals here shortly. We've been practicing passing on the highways, and I had just been talking to him about not passing on 2-lane roads yet, since it's so hard to gauge distances when you are not an experienced driver. Head on collisions are just so deadly. And if they weren't wearing seatbelts, that is just asking for disaster. As sad as it is, it was a good example of what could happen.

Hawk

It Wasn't Me
Somebody said they where well mannered, if the "accident" happened at 7:39am or in there and abouts, and they where traveling southbound, they had already passed the turns as someone stated to get there.

The school states they had to be there at 7:45am as they did not use the bus, so where these kids going to school at all?????? Makes you wonder, also driving violations no seat belts, they where not immediate family (( cousins are not immediate family )) and after see the pics of the car, im a say speeding aswell maybe.

When will people learn that theres nothing on the road more crushable than them.

Its comical i see more ad's on TV for weight loss crap, and fitness crap, and yet not 1 single ad on there aiming towards, drink driving, speeding, etc etc etc,

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Hawk said:
Somebody said they where well mannered, if the "accident" happened at 7:39am or in there and abouts, and they where traveling southbound, they had already passed the turns as someone stated to get there.

The school states they had to be there at 7:45am as they did not use the bus, so where these kids going to school at all?????? Makes you wonder, also driving violations no seat belts, they where not immediate family (( cousins are not immediate family )) and after see the pics of the car, im a say speeding aswell maybe.

When will people learn that theres nothing on the road more crushable than them.

Its comical i see more ad's on TV for weight loss crap, and fitness crap, and yet not 1 single ad on there aiming towards, drink driving, speeding, etc etc etc,
You forgot eat driving. Or does that fall under the ect ect ect,?

amishstalker

Enjoying the ride!!!!
MargeInCharge said:
I'll ask my son about absenses being excused tomorrow. They are in the middle of finals, so not sure how that would work out.

Yea, I'm not sure about that. I do know that when Neal Slater was killed last year, my daughter went to his funeral and they were given an excused absence.

danceintherain

Nickel said:
"Manslaughter" is a criminal offense, not a traffic ticket. You will not be brought up for charges of manslaughter in traffic court. The police officer has no bearing on wether or not a District Attorney will file charges against you.
True, The driver that was responsible for the death of my brother was not charged right away. Charges were pending review of the accident report. He was eventually charged by the State of Maryland with vehicular homicide.

suzeQ

Occasional User
Hawk said:

I would bet money they were going to school, possibly getting ready to turn on to Sunnyside Road, another route to Chopticon. Granted, it may not be the quickest route from their home, but they may have been headed to school nontheless.

The two boys are basketball players and they had a game scheduled at GMHS that night (since postponed). In order to participate in afterschool activities, students must attend school that day.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
danceintherain said:
He was eventually charged by the State of Maryland with vehicular homicide.
Would that be the "Heather" kid that crashed on Chancellors?