Accident in front of Loveville MVA

Pete

Repete
rack'm said:
Agreed........I was lucky as a kid, came close to crashing a couple times but somehow pulled it out......maybe it is all that tractor driving as a kid. :lmao:
I did my share of stupid driving stunts but they were all measured against the probability of death. I grew up in the era of the "Dukes of Hazzard" power slide. :lmao:

N

notquitesain1

Shutterbug said:
I thought there was a law out that you couldn't have more than one teenager in a car when another teenager was driving or something like that?

I could have sworn the same thing, if you are on your provisional license, you can't have more than one teenager in the car with you while driving, you can't go out of state, and you can't be out on the road past midnight, unless it is work or school related. Just to mention a few things.

amishstalker

Enjoying the ride!!!!
Shutterbug said:
I thought there was a law out that you couldn't have more than one teenager in a car when another teenager was driving or something like that?

that law does exist, in part. When a teen first gets the license, they are not allowed to have anyone who is not immiediate family in the vechilce for the first 3 months.

Alot of good that does.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
amishstalker said:
that law does exist, in part. When a teen first gets the license, they are not allowed to have anyone who is not immiediate family in the vechilce for the first 3 months.

Alot of good that does.

:yeahthat: Losing her or his license is the least of their worries when something like this happens.

MargeInCharge

Steve Will said:
...law would not apply...These kids are all related and very well mannered students.

The law would apply if they weren't all living in the same household and immediate family members. Did they all live together in the same house?

My son is a junior at Chopticon, he said the school has never been so quiet as it was on Friday. Very sad.

amishstalker

Enjoying the ride!!!!
mine said the same. Yesterday they went down to the accident site. Death is difficult for us all, but when they are this young, their emotions are so strong and raw, it bothers them quite a bit. My daugthers and their friends have been talking about this non stop since it happened. Part of me feels, lord you are going a bit overboard here, its not like this was a best friend, who was here all the time, but then I think....they are not equipped to handle death so young......I just let them talk.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
amishstalker said:
Yesterday they went down to the accident site.
Did they start a memorial at the site to commemorate the last time their friend will make a bad decision?

Hawk

It Wasn't Me
Steve Will said:
These kids are all related and very well mannered students.

Well mannered maybe, youngest was 14 and oldest was 17 i believe and reading the paper today not one of them had a seatbelt on, that is just stupid, kids as young as 5 know seatbelts are important, and yet not one of these teenages thought that just maybe they needed them, too many kids these days think seatbelts are just for show.

wildchild78

aps45819 said:
Did they start a memorial at the site to commemorate the last time their friend will make a bad decision?

I sure hope u are not trying to be a smart azz....they are all my family members and they made a bad decision as we all sometimes do. Unfortunately in this instance the outcome was tragic but don't make a mockery of the situation. I feel so bad for them because none of them are the same kids anymore. It really is sad!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
missperky said:
I already posted the law on this, go back and read it, I believe all the passengers were direct family.

http://mva.state.md.us/DriverServ/R...provisional.htm
I saw that someone else posted it, but not you, at least not in this thread. Immediate family is brothers, sisters, mom and dad. So if they weren't siblings, technically they aren't immediate family. I don't know the circumstances though, they may have been siblings for all I know.

M

missperky

Nickel said:
I saw that someone else posted it, but not you, at least not in this thread. Immediate family is brothers, sisters, mom and dad. So if they weren't siblings, technically they aren't immediate family. I don't know the circumstances though, they may have been siblings for all I know.
I guess that is true. I don't know if they were or not I don't remember it being said. Or maybe they live at the same address. Who knows?

M

missperky

bresamil said:
They were cousins.
So it doesn't pertain to them, but we do not know how long the driver had their provisional license either.

Thanks for the red.