Acosta Tossed From The Oval Office

transporter

“I want them to come in from everywhere… everywhere. Thank you very much everybody,” Trump responded as Acosta continued to bark questions.

Kinda funny that none of you nimrods noticed that Trump just changed his immigration policy AGAIN!

Until that sentence, Trump's immigration policy has most decidedly NOT been that he wants people to come from EVERYWHERE. He has spent the entire first year of his Presidency trying to ban Muslims from a changing list of countries. Here he states here (not once but he repeats it!) that he now WANTS people to come here from EVERYWHERE! What a buffoon. :killingme

I wonder if the Supreme Court was listening?

glhs837

Power with Control
Kinda funny that none of you nimrods noticed that Trump just changed his immigration policy AGAIN!

Until that sentence, Trump's immigration policy has most decidedly NOT been that he wants people to come from EVERYWHERE. He has spent the entire first year of his Presidency trying to ban Muslims from a changing list of countries. Here he states here (not once but he repeats it!) that he now WANTS people to come here from EVERYWHERE! What a buffoon. :killingme

I wonder if the Supreme Court was listening?

You mean restrict from coming in until they could be vetted?

Chris0nllyn

I can imagine the outrage of this forum had Obama kicked out a Fox News reporter, or other conservative news reporter he didn't agree with.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I can imagine the outrage of this forum had Obama kicked out a Fox News reporter, or other conservative news reporter he didn't agree with.

except the part where Acosta has consistently and repeatedly been a huge douche bag

show me where in 8 yrs of Obama ANY Reporter of a right leaning political persuasion acted like Acosta does

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

This is where you jump the shark. Acosta wasn't booted because Trump "doesn't agree with him". It's obvious why he was booted. So obvious I'm not even going to explain it, and in fact it should embarrass you that anyone should have to explain it to you.

Chris0nllyn

except the part where Acosta has consistently and repeatedly been a huge douche bag

show me where in 8 yrs of Obama ANY Reporter of a right leaning political persuasion acted like Acosta does

Outside of the fact that our President is praised for being a huge douche ("he tells it like it is"), and that line of thinking is the reasons this is supposedly okay....

Here's Daily Caller's Neil Monro doing that same thing Acosta did.

Or WaPo's David Nakamura.

Or when CBS' Major Garret asked a douche'y question Obama didn't like.

Chris0nllyn

It's obvious why he was booted.

You're right.

Because Trump, the best business man in the world...used to tough negotiations....can't stand being asked a question he didn't like. Reporters asking questions out of turn is nothing new. That shouldn't have to be explained to you.

Chris0nllyn

Are you quite sure you are "Libertarian?"

Positive. If you have any questions about my stances that lead you to believe another way, feel free to ask. Or....be likee other members of the forum open to honest debate and discussion.

See below.

LOL! You noticed what the rest of us have ....the only person that thinks Chris is Libertarian is...Chris. We've decided he does not know what that means.

It's quite clear you don't klnow what it means, so I'm not surprised.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Outside of the fact that our President is praised for being a huge douche ("he tells it like it is"), and that line of thinking is the reasons this is supposedly okay....

Here's Daily Caller's Neil Monro doing that same thing Acosta did.

Or WaPo's David Nakamura.

Or when CBS' Major Garret asked a douche'y question Obama didn't like.

congratulations I'll give it to you ..... 3 single reporters asking Obama tough questions [ maybe being a dickish ]

Acosta has been a DICK ALL YEAR - to Trump, in the White House briefing room to the Press Secretary

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You're right.

Because Trump, the best business man in the world...used to tough negotiations....can't stand being asked a question he didn't like. Reporters asking questions out of turn is nothing new. That shouldn't have to be explained to you.

BZZZT.

Try again. It may help to know some of Acosta's past behavior at these pressers.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Did you forget or did you just never know?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/president-obamas-feud-with-fox-news/

And the White House has gone beyond words, reports CBS News senior political correspondent Jeff Greenfield. Last Sept. 20, the president went on every Sunday news show - except Chris Wallace's show on FOX. And on Thursday, the Treasury Department tried to exclude FOX News from pool coverage of interviews with a key official. It backed down after strong protests from the press.

So why is the White House out to "de-legitimize" FOX? Not because it has opinions, but because its opinion voices are so hostile to Mr. Obama - and because FOX News is, as it has been for a decade, by far the most watched of the cable news networks.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/23/white-houses-fox-news-boy_n_331437.html

White House’s Fox News Boycott Attempt Prompts Network Revolt

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

congratulations I'll give it to you ..... 3 single reporters asking Obama tough questions [ maybe being a dickish ]

Acosta has been a DICK ALL YEAR - to Trump, in the White House briefing room to the Press Secretary

It took 3 seconds to find those. Now you're moving the finish line.

Who gives two ####s if the guy is a dick. There's no law that says reporters have to be nice. If you want to be in the public spotlight, guess what, you're going to asked questions you don't like at times you don't like.

BZZZT.

Try again. It may help to know some of Acosta's past behavior at these pressers.

Again, don't care. If this person, who is a negotiator and tells it like it is and spent his entire campaign talking out of line, can't handle someone else doing the same to him....maybe he's in the wrong line of work.

The fact that the most vocal group of people who defend Trump's ability to "tell it like it is" are complaining about a reporter doing the same is hilarious, but not surprising.

Chris0nllyn

Did you forget or did you just never know?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/president-obamas-feud-with-fox-news/

And the White House has gone beyond words, reports CBS News senior political correspondent Jeff Greenfield. Last Sept. 20, the president went on every Sunday news show - except Chris Wallace's show on FOX. And on Thursday, the Treasury Department tried to exclude FOX News from pool coverage of interviews with a key official. It backed down after strong protests from the press.

So why is the White House out to "de-legitimize" FOX? Not because it has opinions, but because its opinion voices are so hostile to Mr. Obama - and because FOX News is, as it has been for a decade, by far the most watched of the cable news networks.

HEY, look at that. The point behind my entire post. Great job!

MiddleGround

Who gives two ####s if the guy is a dick. There's no law that says reporters have to be nice. If you want to be in the public spotlight, guess what, you're going to asked questions you don't like at times you don't like.

There is also no law that says the President cannot remove him from a press conference for being overtly disruptive. Being a true Libertarian, I would have thought you would argue that point as well.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Again, don't care. If this person, who is a negotiator and tells it like it is and spent his entire campaign talking out of line, can't handle someone else doing the same to him....maybe he's in the wrong line of work.

I thought he handled it just fine. "Out!"

Acosta has a history of trying to take over press conferences, shouting silly loaded questions and refusing to shut up so other reporters can get their questions in. It's a press conference, not the Jim Acosta Show. His question was answered, but Acosta wanted to keep shouting stupid crap, so Trump booted him.