Acosta Tossed From The Oval Office

This_person

He wasn't personally kicked out, for goodness sake. They were telling EVERYONE to leave, he refused so he could stay and ask incendiary and harassing questions, and Trump told him to leave like everyone was being asked to do.

[video=youtube;YuRU3NN_ktE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuRU3NN_ktE[/video]

Long before Acosta started his questioning, you can hear the aids telling EVERYONE to leave.

black dog

Free America
It took 3 seconds to find those. Now you're moving the finish line.

Who gives two ####s if the guy is a dick. There's no law that says reporters have to be nice. If you want to be in the public spotlight, guess what, you're going to asked questions you don't like at times you don't like.

Again, don't care. If this person, who is a negotiator and tells it like it is and spent his entire campaign talking out of line, can't handle someone else doing the same to him....maybe he's in the wrong line of work.

The fact that the most vocal group of people who defend Trump's ability to "tell it like it is" are complaining about a reporter doing the same is hilarious, but not surprising.

Sure sounds like you are justifying Costas behavior, I'm sure if you were holding a meeting at you were at the big boy chair that had the con, you would toss dickheads out also..

black dog

Free America
You're surprised that a Libertarian doesn't support a guy who displayed authoritarian tendancies throughout his campaign? Really?

No I'm surprised that you think your a libertarian. I also remember your thoughts and opinions before being Perma Banned on another forum.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He wasn't personally kicked out, for goodness sake. They were telling EVERYONE to leave, he refused so he could stay and ask incendiary and harassing questions, and Trump told him to leave like everyone was being asked to do.

Is that true? If so, I'm really disappointed. Just like if Trump didn't really call Haiti a #### hole I'll be disappointed. :frown:

black dog

Free America
I think you've got confused with someone else or you've severely misunderstood what happened. Regardless, and I understand it's the norm 'round here, but you made that claim. Back it up.

I was online when it happened Chris, I had no business bringing it up here. I apologize.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Outside of the fact that our President is praised for being a huge douche ("he tells it like it is"), and that line of thinking is the reasons this is supposedly okay....

Here's Daily Caller's Neil Monro doing that same thing Acosta did.

Actually, it's not the same. Although both were being douches, Trump made it clear he was not taking any questions. Acosta used this, as he always does, to grandstand and try to point out what a racist Trump is. Just the same when Trump was leaving a briefing, as he was walking out the door, that reporter (don't remember her name) kept screaming over and over "Mr. President are you a racist?"

Acosta is going to find himself reporting on small town parades and chili cookoffs if he's not careful.

Chris0nllyn

Actually, it's not the same. Although both were being douches, Trump made it clear he was not taking any questions. Acosta used this, as he always does, to grandstand and try to point out what a racist Trump is. Just the same when Trump was leaving a briefing, as he was walking out the door, that reporter (don't remember her name) kept screaming over and over "Mr. President are you a racist?"

Acosta is going to find himself reporting on small town parades and chili cookoffs if he's not careful.

There was a woman asking questions at the end also. It wasn't just Acosta.

If the President can't handle the press askingquestions, he should have thought about that before wantingto become President, imo. It's not the press' job tio make life easier for anyone, especially a President (regardless of who is in office).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

They do this - like KKKgate. Trump freaking disavowed the KKK about 8,000 times until I was sick of hearing it. He disavowed David Duke specifically over and over. Then the one single time Trump was sick of that trope, they pounced on him and went, "AHA!! Trump won't disavow the KKK!!!"

It's bull####.

black dog

Free America

If the President can't handle the press askingquestions, he should have thought about that before wantingto become President, imo. It's not the press' job tio make life easier for anyone, especially a President (regardless of who is in office).

A space needs to be between words.... Just saying,,,,, :whistle:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Kinda funny that none of you nimrods noticed that Trump just changed his immigration policy AGAIN!

This 'nimrod' is fully aware that Trump has modified his position; sort of how Obama modified his position on Gitmo.

Think about it... republicans were largely against DACA. Trump originally wanted to deport these people. Trump and republicans have made a reasonable shift in their thinking that meets democrats in the middle by accepting a DACA deal. Republicans have met democrats in the middle on DACA, but democrats refuse to do the same on the other issues.

But now that Trump has leaned more in the direction that you'd like to see him go, you still complain. Is it possible that, once they get in that office, they see things from a different perspective, and that perspective can change their minds. Trump has taken on a more compassionate view on DACA and you can't find it in you to say "Good for you Mr. President for seeing things differently; for being open and not so rigid in your thinking". I thought that was the sign of a great leader - someone who listens, and can be changed through that listening. But NOPE! He changed his mind, which I took as you believing he doesn't know what direction he wants to go.

But, that's fine... with every post we all see what a hateful bigot you are. Keep up the good work. :yay:

Last edited:

This_person

Well, if you watch it, he DID "handle the press asking questions" by, you know, answering the questions.

I would say if Acosta can't handle being pushed off by a political figure, he probably shouldn't be the senior White House correspondent.