Acosta Tossed From The Oval Office

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
There's no law that says reporters have to be nice. If you want to be in the public spotlight, guess what, you're going to asked questions you don't like at times you don't like.

Acosta there making a point, he did not want answers to any meaningful questions grinding an ax for the Progressive base - more bull s h i t gotcha moments
and be a dick, expect to be treated accordingly

everyone wants Trump to ' be the nice guy' but a member of the press is all edgy and cool for being a dick - yeah #### that noise

do you really think Trump is a racist for calling African Countries S h i t holes ....
you think Trump a racist for wanting Immigrants that can CONTRIBUTE to America, not be a blood sucking welfare leech

Chris0nllyn

There is also no law that says the President cannot remove him from a press conference for being overtly disruptive. Being a true Libertarian, I would have thought you would argue that point as well.

I never argued he couldn't, did I? Everyone else has argued that point, why do I need to jump on that bandwagon also? To appease a group of you who question my political party? :lol:

You're not very good at this.

Good at what?

Pointing out the hypocrisy of the people of this forum?

Obama, as you pointed out, tried to exclude Fox News from an interview with the Pay Czar. There was a thread about that on this forum. One individual in particular said:
It's disturbing that Maobama wants to pick and choose his media. And even more disturbing that his worshipers don't seem to think there's anything wrong with that.
https://forums.somd.com/threads/193...ude-Fox-News?p=4024899&viewfull=1#post4024899

That same individual praised Trump for picking and choosing his media and tossing out Jorge Ramos.
Throwing that Univision ahole out of his press conference was just magic. :notworthy:

If it were me I wouldn't have let him back in AND I'd have barred him from any further events. Usually these ####heads can be combative and disruptive little activists and the candidate just rolls over, bares his yellow belly, and takes it. Not The Donald. Then, to add to the entertainment, the other news aholes are all huffy that Trump would dare to stand up to one of them and not kiss their ass.

Go, Donald, GO! :clap: :yahoo:
https://forums.somd.com/threads/302844-Okay-Trump-is-my-new-hero?p=5566339&viewfull=1#post5566339

That same individual who thought it was a good idea for Trump to do away with daily press briefings.
I don't think he'll actually do it, but it's an interesting concept. They're pretty much bull#### anyway and the media in this country delegitimized themselves so that you can't believe a word they say anymore.

In this day and age, we don't need second and third hand information; we can go right to the original source. Not that people actually do that - they like their pablum spoonfed to them - but they can if they want. Want to know what Trump's tweeting? Get on Twitter. Want to know what he has to say? Read his FB or other releases.

I think the "journalists" will make crap up anyway because what else are they going to do for a living? But I do like the idea of written responses to reporters' questions - that way Spicer or whoever can think about it before they respond, we do away with time wasting gotcha crap, and the answers are right there in black and white for anyone with above a second grade education to read.

I also don't get a chance to watch the press briefings because I'm at work, and I don't care to stream it later and spend my time in that manner. This whole trend toward video and being held hostage for 20 minutes of blather is stupid and just shows how retarded we've become that we can't even read anymore and have to have it read to us.

Written Q&A - I like it. I can read it at my leisure and see exactly what is being said.

Thoughts?
https://forums.somd.com/threads/320...ss-briefings?p=5768858&viewfull=1#post5768858

MiddleGround

I never argued he couldn't, did I? Everyone else has argued that point, why do I need to jump on that bandwagon also? To appease a group of you who question my political party? :lol:

I am not saying that you are trying to jump on a bandwagon. I think what you posted above was a very good example of hypocrisy. Well done!

What I am saying is that you definitely are not afraid to point out the ills of those who lean right however, you do seem to pull your punches when it comes to the other side of the aisle. I just want to know why you do not argue against the wrongs of BOTH parties equally.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pointing out the hypocrisy of the people of this forum?

No, drawing comparisons.

Trump didn't order ALL CNN reporters out - just the one who was shouting over everyone and continuing to harass the President after his question had already been answered. I'm guessing if CNN would put a real reporter in there who had pertinent questions and wasn't just some grandstanding progbot heckler, there would be no problem.

That same individual who thought it was a good idea for Trump to do away with daily press briefings.

I still think it's a good idea. I want to hear what Trump has to say, not the ravings of some "reporter" with an ax to grind and no decorum. You may find those childish antics amusing but I do not. What I find amusing is the spanking they finally get when they go too far.

Again, you suck at drawing comparisons.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
So basically Chris believes that throwing one pompous Marxist ####### taking over the Trump press conference is equivalent to throwing out an entire network because it wouldn't kiss Obamas ass like the rest.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That same individual praised Trump for picking and choosing his media and tossing out Jorge Ramos.

And AGAIN, Trump threw out a heckler disguised as a reporter. Ramos is another one whose questions had been answered, but he continued to shout over everyone and disrupt and not let any of the other reporters have a turn. Trump was right to toss his ass out.

Trump threw out a heckler, not a whole news outlet.

Do you really not understand that or do you just not want to understand?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Do you really not understand that or do you just not want to understand?
He understands fully, and knows exactly what he's doing. He's being a leftist bull#### artist.

It's why he can't fool anyone into believing he's libertarian.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So basically Chris believes that throwing one pompous Marxist ####### taking over the Trump press conference is equivalent to throwing out an entire network because it wouldn't kiss Obamas ass like the rest.

Marxist aside, if Jim Acosta or Jorge Ramos wants to have a one-on-one with Trump, schedule it. It's not like Trump ever turns down a chance to be interviewed. A press conference, with other reporters who have their own job to do, isn't the place for heckling and screaming over everyone.

Chris0nllyn

I am not saying that you are trying to jump on a bandwagon. I think what you posted above was a very good example of hypocrisy. Well done!

What I am saying is that you definitely are not afraid to point out the ills of those who lean right however, you do seem to pull your punches when it comes to the other side of the aisle. I just want to know why you do not argue against the wrongs of BOTH parties equally.

I do argue against both, equally. One only needs to see my threads and posts over the years to see that.

As a libertarian, I believe both sides of the aisle are the problem. Until either side shows otherwise, I can't, nor won't, vote for either.

No, drawing comparisons.

No. Hypocrisy.

It's quite clear.

Chris0nllyn

He understands fully, and knows exactly what he's doing. He's being a leftist bull#### artist.

Disagreeing with people doesn't = leftist. I share viewpoints with both sides.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I'm going to go with "liberal contrarian" who is conflicted because on one hand he really wants to fight the power, man. He's just not sure who "the power" is.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No. Hypocrisy.

It's quite clear.

If you believe that one reporter should be allowed to control a press conference and shout over everyone else, you are NOT a true libertarian. Or even a marginal libertarian. Of course, you can call yourself one if you want to. You can call yourself a dog or a flower if you want to, but that doesn't make you one and most people will look at you and go, "That is neither a dog nor a flower."

Hijinx

I do argue against both, equally. One only needs to see my threads and posts over the years to see that.

As a libertarian, I believe both sides of the aisle are the problem. Until either side shows otherwise, I can't, nor won't, vote for either.

No. Hypocrisy.

It's quite clear.

I have seen a lot of your posts and one thing is clear.
You hate President Trump and are as big a hypocrite as anyone you tend to label as such.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

And because of that I'd think you'd be a natural Trump supporter. It surprised me the first time you came out so vehemently and insultingly against him (joining ranks, btw, with both the Democrat and Republican overlords).

Or are you one of those "Party people" who will ONLY! vote for someone who shares your Party affiliation? (Which, you should understand, is not libertarian at all, but political slavery with a different label.)

Chris0nllyn

If you believe that one reporter should be allowed to control a press conference and shout over everyone else, you are NOT a true libertarian. Or even a marginal libertarian. Of course, you can call yourself one if you want to. You can call yourself a dog or a flower if you want to, but that doesn't make you one and most people will look at you and go, "That is neither a dog nor a flower."

I don't believe that. Stop making stuff up.

All I was doing, from my very first post in this thread, was pointing out the hypocrisy of some of you.

You don't even know what being a Libertarian means, so spare me.

It wasn’t about agreeing.....he was being a dick, genius

Thanks. That was made clear pages ago. Not a point I was arguing, but the world is a better place now that you've pointed that out. :buddies:

I have seen a lot of your posts and one thing is clear.
You hate President Trump and are as big a hypocrite as anyone you tend to label as such.

:lol: Okay. Luckily, there's a search feature on this forum and I've certainly pointed out multiple threads that render your assertion completely WRONG. Your selective memory aside, I certainly don't hate Trump.

And because of that I'd think you'd be a natural Trump supporter. It surprised me the first time you came out so vehemently and insultingly against him (joining ranks, btw, with both the Democrat and Republican overlords).

Or are you one of those "Party people" who will ONLY! vote for someone who shares your Party affiliation? (Which, you should understand, is not libertarian at all, but political slavery with a different label.)

Well, I'm not going to support or vote for the guy because he's perceived to be a fix to the issues that affect all of us or that he's simply someone different. My issues with Trump are the same as Obama. He shows no interest in reducing the debt, reducing govt. spending, or other issues I care about. The dude seems like a total dick, and in general, I try not to be around or enjoy those types of people.

I literally told you the other day that I voted for Hogan. Last I checked he's a Republican. So no, I won't ONLY vote for a Libertarian.

black dog

Free America
It took 3 seconds to find those. Now you're moving the finish line.

Who gives two ####s if the guy is a dick. There's no law that says reporters have to be nice. If you want to be in the public spotlight, guess what, you're going to asked questions you don't like at times you don't like.

Again, don't care. If this person, who is a negotiator and tells it like it is and spent his entire campaign talking out of line, can't handle someone else doing the same to him....maybe he's in the wrong line of work.

The fact that the most vocal group of people who defend Trump's ability to "tell it like it is" are complaining about a reporter doing the same is hilarious, but not surprising.

And again, Costa can be the Biggest Dick he wants to be, standing outside the fence looking at the White House.