Advice needed

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Athena, go already. God forbid some bride should get in the way of your good time. Go hang with the guys and if it causes a problem with her, oh well.

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Athena, go already. God forbid some bride should get in the way of your good time. Go hang with the guys and if it causes a problem with her, oh well.
:killingme

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by cariblue
Why would you go all the way to Annapolis to sit in his room? Sure sounds fishy to me.
W8ing for him to come home half in the bag.....so....she...can...:gossip:.....but you already knew that didn't you?

SxyPrincess

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Well, for CRAP'S sake! :duh:

Athena: Is it okay for me to be selfish?
Us: No, it's not okay.
Athena: Okay. Then I'll be immature instead.

K

Kizzy

Why don't you ask a friend to go with you to the party? I'm sure the bride will not mind if you brought a friend. :shrug:

I have worked with all men for 15 yrs., I have been asked to too many bachelor parties in my time. I have chosen not to go, because I felt it was an insult to the bride and the significant others involved with the “other” men going.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Well, for CRAP'S sake! :duh:

Athena: Is it okay for me to be selfish?
Us: No, it's not okay.
Athena: Okay. Then I'll be immature instead.

:yeahthat:

it's obvious you don't want to do the right thing, so just do our own (read: selfish) thing and quit trying to rationalize it to us. :duh:

where's otter with his "thread killer" posts when you need him? :rolleyes:

Athena1078

Social Director
Talked to all parties involved last night, the groom, the bride, 2 of the guys in the bachelor party. Groom said he wants me at bachelor party. Bride says she knows I wouldn't enjoy myself at the bachelorette party, and I would be happier with the guys. And 2 of the guys going said the thought of me not being with them never crossed their minds. They said it would be different if they were getting strippers or going to a strip club, but they aren't, so it doesn't matter. To them it is just another night out on the town. The only reason it is being called the bachelor party is cause the girls aren't going to be there, because they have wedding stuff to do.
AND I am not staying in his room. I am upstairs at his dad's house in the guest room. He is down in the basement. I may even end up at his cousins house that night...

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I could be really old, but isn't there some sort of line...???

Discretion is the better part of valor.

Might that fit here?:shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by cattitude
Might that fit here?
Obviously not. :lol: Anyway, if Athena talked to the bride and the bride said go with the guys, that's the end of it. Later on, when bride and hubby are having a fight about this, hubby will be perfectly within his rights to shut her down with, "Well, you're the one who said she should come with us!"

Otter

Nothing to see here
Later on, when bride and hubby are having a fight about this, hubby will be perfectly within his rights to shut her down with, "Well, you're the one who said she should come with us!"

:yeahthat: Thats the first thing that came to my mind, ammunition for the first blowup of marital bliss..

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by PFgal
:barf: We did NO such thing at my bachelorette party and had a MUCH better time than they will - guaranteed! :biggrin:
Secrets to take to the grave!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Pete

Repete
Later on, when bride and hubby are having a fight about this, hubby will be perfectly within his rights to shut her down with, "Well, you're the one who said she should come with us!"

Of course you know that never works. I can hear it now:

:bawl: I only said that to make you happy, you should have done the right thing and told her not to go. :bawl: You don't care about my feelings or else you would have :bawl:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Why are they going out the night before the wedding? I always heard that was a big no-no. My suggestion, avoid it all, take your friend out a week before all of this and skip their planned parties. If you happen to go with the girls and end up out instead, ask PFgal for her list

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Athena1078
Bride says she knows I wouldn't enjoy myself at the bachelorette party, and I would be happier with the guys.

Sounds like the line I use on my 6 year old when I don't want him to go with me somewhere.

Sounds like she doesn't want you at the bachelorette party.

Athena1078

Social Director
Obviously not. :lol: Anyway, if Athena talked to the bride and the bride said go with the guys, that's the end of it. Later on, when bride and hubby are having a fight about this, hubby will be perfectly within his rights to shut her down with, "Well, you're the one who said she should come with us!"
There is definately not going to be a fight about this. Everyone has come to an agreement on this subject. Like this Sat, I am going to the shower, then leaving the shower to go to the car show with the guys.. and 1 other girl. The bride has decided not to come, she hates car shows. The next day we are hangin out in Annapolis, going to lunch, etc as a group. She doesn't feel left out or jealous or threatened. It's not like he and I are always hanging out together alone.. We go to car shows, or hang out at his house with his dad, go to the neighbors. The last time we were together alone was after Christmas last year when we went to a Raven's game.. back when they first started dating. She has known about me and my status since they met.

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by Pete
Of course you know that never works. I can hear it now:

:bawl: I only said that to make you happy, you should have done the right thing and told her not to go. :bawl: You don't care about my feelings or else you would have :bawl:
:yeahthat: We all know what you broads say and what you mean is two different things... Get with the program....