Affirmative Action

Should we do away w/ the special "black" program

• Yes, they are outdated and unfair

Votes: 30 76.9%
  • No, We still need these programs

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • I don't care but let me start a United White College fund for just white people

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

bcp

In My Opinion
How do you know what i've experienced? (you don't)
So..... _ _ _ _.
Here is the thing, you are behind a keyboard being brave=NO NADs in real life. You can't speak on something you know nothing about.
Have a coke and a smile.
cool, this non informative post of yours indicates that even though you refuse to admit it, you do agree that affirmative action is wrong, and is helping people that dont need it at the expense of those that did nothing to deserve it.

its ok, there are many people just like you that are too cowardly to stand up for what you know is right.

bcp

In My Opinion
There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100% Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.

Theodore Roosevelt

sunmoonstars

cool, this non informative post of yours indicates that even though you refuse to admit it, you do agree that affirmative action is wrong, and is helping people that dont need it at the expense of those that did nothing to deserve it.

its ok, there are many people just like you that are too cowardly to stand up for what you know is right.

If you look at many of my previous posts you will see that I said That I do agree that there are somethings that do need to be changed about A.A. I'm not afraid to admit that.:bigwhoop:

sunmoonstars

What? Nothing intelligent to say, so you denigrate? Typical. Another one with a little bit of education and a supremely inflated self-opinion. When I raise a point that you are unable to dispute the respect goes out the window. Sad.
:bigwhoop::bigwhoop::bigwhoop::bigwhoop::bigwhoop::bigwhoop:
I refuse to dignify your blabbering gibberish with an answer….

sunmoonstars

Okay then young one. Why don't you go back to the kiddie table while the adults continue this conversation. 147 posts and already in fight club? Hmmmm.........

Was that supposed to be an insult?
I'M SORRY.
I MISSED IT.
An adult would not sit on a forum and cry and kick and scream about why they want this President and not that one.
An adult would keep on keeping on and work through the hard times because hard times don’t last forever.
And adult would recognize everyone’s differences and appreciate them and try to gain knowledge from it to make themselves a better person.
An adult would get their frackin’ thumb out of their mouth, strap up their boots and keep walking with American pride regardless if they agree with the decisions of the government and be man (or woman) enough to stand behind it.
Do I need to keep on telling you what you need to do??
Because that’s what I’ve been doing for 8 years, taking it and letting the situation make me a better person not a bitter person.
Take notes, we are never to old to learn.

This_person

Ok, back on topic then...
BET is actually owened by.... WikiAnswers - Who owns BET (read it i'm not giving it to you)
BET is music, video and (junk) just like MTV.
thank you for proving my point
I think it still needs to be in place, changed a bit though..
Well I don't make the laws and I like White Males...soo........
The "changed a bit" that is required, as Larry says, is removal of the inherent racism and discrimination that it is.

This_person

...great. Land of the free. Home of the brave.

Think JOBS. Think national ID. Think administrative control. Think taxes and immigration fees.
Jobs where? We have jobs, that's a big reason they come here. You're against having the employers help weed them out or be held responsible for hiring illegals, so I'm not getting the "jobs" idea.

However, a national ID that would require a certificate of live birth record would solve this and maybe one other problem :lol:

Taxes varied based upon citizenship? Immigration fees only discourage people from following the law. Severe punishment of illegals would work better.

donbarzini

Was that supposed to be an insult?
I'M SORRY.
I MISSED IT.
An adult would not sit on a forum and cry and kick and scream about why they want this President and not that one.
An adult would keep on keeping on and work through the hard times because hard times don’t last forever.
And adult would recognize everyone’s differences and appreciate them and try to gain knowledge from it to make themselves a better person.
An adult would get their frackin’ thumb out of their mouth, strap up their boots and keep walking with American pride regardless if they agree with the decisions of the government and be man (or woman) enough to stand behind it.
Do I need to keep on telling you what you need to do??
Because that’s what I’ve been doing for 8 years, taking it and letting the situation make me a better person not a bitter person.
Take notes, we are never to old to learn.

Hey numbnuts! Read post #19

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Jobs where? We have jobs, that's a big reason they come here. You're against having the employers help weed them out or be held responsible for hiring illegals, so I'm not getting the "jobs" idea.

However, a national ID that would require a certificate of live birth record would solve this and maybe one other problem :lol:

Taxes varied based upon citizenship? Immigration fees only discourage people from following the law. Severe punishment of illegals would work better.

I'm against making people agents of the federal government in order to keep politicians from making tough choices like raising taxes and controlling the borders.

I am all for reasonable compliance like checking a national ID and reporting wages.

The taxes I am suggesting would follow some sort of fine imposed on illegals when they are accounted for.

Economic pressure is how to control and manage the problem because economics is the root cause.

FiredUp

Get Rid Of It! Do The Math!

:yikes:I'M TIRED OF PEOPLE ACTING LIKE I OWE THEM SOMETHING. I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE INJUSTICE THAT WAS DONE TO BLACK PEOPLE.
AND I DOUBT THAT MOST OF THEM NOW IN THE WORKFORCE WERE EVEN AROUND FOR ANY OF IT.
THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD HAVE PUT A TIME LIMIT AND DONE THE MATH TO FIGURE OUT WHEN THEY WERE PAID UP.

This_person

I'm against making people agents of the federal government in order to keep politicians from making tough choices like raising taxes and controlling the borders.
I'm not sure how verifying status against a national database is controlling the borders, but you say below that you're for checking a national ID (although, you'll be accused - not by me, but by idiots - of turning the country into Nazi Germany.... "papaz, papaz pleeeeze")
I am all for reasonable compliance like checking a national ID and reporting wages.

The taxes I am suggesting would follow some sort of fine imposed on illegals when they are accounted for.

Economic pressure is how to control and manage the problem because economics is the root cause.
:yay: Gotcha, and agree with these.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I'm not sure how verifying status against a national database is controlling the borders,

...if law enforcement, nationwide, has a national security function of and companies have a means to focus on compliance then there is pressure on illegals to...comply.

It's not 'papers' it's a national ID card. Just a card. Get one or pay a fine and, ultimately, get thrown out for not complying.

No need for fences. No need for storm trooper tactics. Just a damn card.