African American Civil War Memorial & Museum

JPCusick

My real name.
Repair.

So JPC, do you believe that all Germans alive today owe reparation to all Jews?

I do not see it as a legitimate comparison between what the white people in Germany did to the Jews there and what the white people in America did here to the Africans.

One thing is that many Nazi Germans were imprisoned or executed or otherwise punished for their crimes against humanity - including crimes against the Jewish people, but no such reckoning has ever happened here in the USA concerning our criminality against the African people.

Plus the inhumanity in Germany against the Jews was ended, while here in our USA the racism of whites against blacks is still ongoing, as only parts of our systematic white racism has ended.

And you say the white code word of "reparations" which has a very different meaning, since all that has been said on this thread is about facing up to the truth and to stop the white lies and reparations were never really made in Germany to the Jews.

I say we whites and our white dominated society and institutions do indeed owe a reparation to the African Americans, but that reparations does not really mean money, as like giving a check to every black person would NOT be reparations as that would be a dishonorable pay off.

To tear down the ugly Sotterley Plantation would be a great start in repairing the white wrongs ( repair = reparations ).

:coffee:

I do not see it as a legitimate comparison between what the white people in Germany did to the Jews there and what the white people in America did here to the Africans.

One thing is that many Nazi Germans were imprisoned or executed or otherwise punished for their crimes against humanity - including crimes against the Jewish people, but no such reckoning has ever happened here in the USA concerning our criminality against the African people.

Plus the inhumanity in Germany against the Jews was ended, while here in our USA the racism of whites against blacks is still ongoing, as only parts of our systematic white racism has ended.

And you say the white code word of "reparations" which has a very different meaning, since all that has been said on this thread is about facing up to the truth and to stop the white lies and reparations were never really made in Germany to the Jews.

I say we whites and our white dominated society and institutions do indeed owe a reparation to the African Americans, but that reparations does not really mean money, as like giving a check to every black person would NOT be reparations as that would be a dishonorable pay off.

To tear down the ugly Sotterley Plantation would be a great start in repairing the white wrongs ( repair = reparations ).

Wow. You really do put forth quite an effort to rationalize your narrow-mindedness.

JPCusick

My real name.
Repair.

True. I don't see the point in trying to point out the logical flaws in your theories... carry on.

Okay - since neither your self nor anyone else has the backbone to answer my question of "what history is memorialized at the Sotterley slave Plantation?" then I myself will give us the answer here.

The history is that the Sotterley Plantation sits on land the white people took by force away from the native Americans, and then the white folk forcibly brought over slaves from Africa to do the work on that land, while the white folk lived in luxury and ease doing none of the work, and this continued for year after year and century after century, where even today it is immoral money still propping up that ugly Plantation into the 21st century.

The white folk of the Sotterley Plantation added nothing to the betterment of society or for the betterment of anyone, as the only thing they served was their own selfish greed and immorality along with their inhuman barbarism against the defenseless and innocent African American people.

The entire "history, history, history" of the Sotterley Plantation is nothing but base debauchery and wicked sinfulness and their ugly hateful inhumanity.

The true and real "history" of Sotterley is trash TRASH and more trash - all of it as white trash.

:barf:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
, while the white folk lived in luxury and ease doing none of the work, and this continued for year after year and century after century, where even today it is immoral money still propping up that ugly Plantation into the 21st century.
:

Ahhhh. Good times..good times. Who in their right mind would want to forget?

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
So, JP, when I stated that blacks owned slaves in that era, you do not bother to research any historical facts to prove me wrong, just simple put your tag of "white lies" on it, yet you want us to provide you proof of what is historic about Sotterly.

And by the way, the majority of slaves in Maryland were of Carribean decent, not African, but good try. (Including many Indians)

BernieP

Resident PIA
To JPC - Southern Maryland was a slave state that was in the Union.
The Emancipation Proclaimation was only directed at the Confederate States as a wat ti disrupt commerce.
Sotterly was no different than any other plantation in Maryland.

Fact is, the guns at Ft McHenry were not pointed out into the harbor, rather they were pointed back on Baltimore to keep it loyal to the union.

It's history, learn it.

Just because we see it as wrong now, doesn't mean it's not a part of history. Better to discuss it than repeat it.

JPCusick

My real name.
Repair.

So, JP, when I stated that blacks owned slaves in that era, you do not bother to research any historical facts to prove me wrong, just simple put your tag of "white lies" on it, yet you want us to provide you proof of what is historic about Sotterly.

The so-called free blacks were still second class citizens who had to fear white violence on any given day or time.

And the so-called black slave owners were very often free slaves who went and bought their family members and bought their children from the immoral white slave masters.

You and other racist whites try to paint the very few free blacks as being a perverted justification for us white folk to have African slaves and it is NOT.

Plus the white control system made it into a racist slave trade, as the black slave owners could NOT own a white person as a slave.

And for the record - the slave owners at the Sotterley Plantation were all white, as there were no free black people owning slaves at our own Sotterley Plantation.

And by the way, the majority of slaves in Maryland were of Carribean decent, not African, but good try. (Including many Indians)

The point is that the slaves were not-white because the white people abused every other race on the entire planet earth.

And black people as slaves from the Caribbean were people of African heritage.

It is amazing as to the depth of white-lies that white people will use to lie about the white evils done.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To JPC - Southern Maryland was a slave state that was in the Union.
The Emancipation Proclaimation was only directed at the Confederate States as a wat ti disrupt commerce.
Sotterly was no different than any other plantation in Maryland.

You post that message as if it justifies the actions, while the opposite is the case, because the Sotterley Plantation has a dishonorable and reprehensible history which does NOT deserve any memorial.

Fact is, the guns at Ft McHenry were not pointed out into the harbor, rather they were pointed back on Baltimore to keep it loyal to the union.

It's history, learn it.

I have heard those reports before, and it is not clear as to how accurate they are.

Maryland did indeed have many white racist and American traitors at those times, and I applaud the United States under Abe Lincoln as they crushed down the trashy white rebels.

Even now today there are still a plenty of racist white trash all around, and maybe we need to whoop them down one more time.

That is the lesson from our history that everyone needs to learn.

Just because we see it as wrong now, doesn't mean it's not a part of history. Better to discuss it than repeat it.

I agree with learning about the " African American Civil War Memorial & Museum" but there is nothing of historic importance that anyone needs to learn from the white racist Sotterley Plantation - other than that the white racist are still ongoing today and beyond.

The ugly Sotterley Plantation is equivolent to teaching the history of the Ku Klux Klan.

:bigwhoop:

Namikazenaru

while the white folk lived in luxury and ease doing none of the work, and this continued for year after year and century after century, where even today it is immoral money still propping up that ugly Plantation into the 21st century.

:barf:

Not doing any of the work and getting money, the racist JPC should be able to relate to this

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
and I applaud the United States under Abe Lincoln as they crushed down the trashy white rebels.

:

The same Abe Lincoln that spent so much government money trying repeatedly to establish colonies outside the US to move the freed slaves to? That Abe Lincoln?

JPCusick

My real name.
Repair.

Not doing any of the work and getting money, the racist JPC should be able to relate to this

The money itself is not the issue no matter how much white folk cling to their dirty loot, and it does not matter whether one works for their money or not, as the point that matters is that it is immoral money, as in money derived from immoral means.

Duh.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The money itself is not the issue no matter how much white folk cling to their dirty loot, and it does not matter whether one works for their money or not, as the point that matters is that it is immoral money, as in money derived from immoral means.

Duh.

So in what immoral ways do I earn mine?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
The point is that the slaves were not-white because the white people abused every other race on the entire planet earth.

Indentured Servants. Look it up. It's how some of my ancestors came to America.

Meanwhile I'll be holding my breathe waiting on your apology.

JPCusick

My real name.
Repair.

Indentured Servants. Look it up. It's how some of my ancestors came to America.

Meanwhile I'll be holding my breathe waiting on your apology.

I am sorry that I left out the part where the richer white folk also abused and trashed the poorer white folk, and of course the WASP ruled the white folk.

This is still going on today, that the rich abuse the poor of every color and race, but even a poor nasty white trashy person gets the white privileges which are not given to the African Americans.

I certainly hope that you are not trying to imply that some Irish Indentured Servant was some how equal or equivalent to the thrashing of the African slaves.

Namikazenaru

I am sorry that I left out the part where the richer white folk also abused and trashed the poorer white folk, and of course the WASP ruled the white folk.

This is still going on today, that the rich abuse the poor of every color and race, but even a poor nasty white trashy person gets the white privileges which are not given to the African Americans.

I certainly hope that you are not trying to imply that some Irish Indentured Servant was some how equal or equivalent to the thrashing of the African slaves.

But in both cases the people can either choose to rise up above their past and push themselves to be successful.

Or they can choose to complain about it, do nothing, and dwell on it (you know all the things you do) even though there are plenty of ways that hard work can move them and future generations out of the cycle.

JPCusick

My real name.
Repair.

But in both cases the people can either choose to rise up above their past and push themselves to be successful.

Except that the whites had and still have the upper advantage, as in immorally accumulated wealth and power and social position, while the African Americans are starting from the lowest position after 300 years of white oppression, and that oppression is not finished yet.

It is not a level playing field as us whites have cheated.

Or they can choose to complain about it, do nothing, and dwell on it (you know all the things you do) even though there are plenty of ways that hard work can move them and future generations out of the cycle.

We see how you a privileged white person tells "them" to "work hard" as if "they" were not the ones who have been doing the hardest of work for over 300 years while us whites control the outcome.

To rightfully complain about injustices and racism is only objectionable to those who do not want the wrongs to be made right.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Name just one of those exclusive privileges.

The one big white privilege is that whites are presumed as innocent, while African Americans are presumed as guilty.

That truly is the basic psychological description of racism, and it becomes manifested into every day physical realities.

A truly vivid example is the white racist claim that Barack Obama is not a born in Hawaii American citizen, as even being the President of the USA does not stop any black Man from the racist presumption of guilt, and this is enhanced by the fact that he has shown the official birth certificate which is certified by the State government of Hawaii and yet the white racist still presume him as guilty when he has demonstrated otherwise.

Governor Mitt Romney(R) has recently come out and said that he and his wife were both born in Detroit and no one ask them for their birth certificate, link HERE, and that is because they are white and they are presumed as innocent.

Michael Jackson was another famous African American who proved his innocence and even legally found as not guilty in a Court of law, while the white racist still claim him as guilty.

This same white racist reality is perpetrated every day throughout the USA to every African American in that they are all presumed as guilty, and they are still presumed as guilty even if they prove them self as not guilty.