Am I the only one with a dumb kid??

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My mom's from a country family, it was 50/50 whether we were getting sewed up in the ER or at home.
Same here. Learned to sew my own up if it was something I could get to with both hands...

I keep suture kits handy in my first aid bags. Had a drunk guy at one of my parties lay his leg open to the bone practically from ankle to knee when he mistepped down on to a sharp piece of tubing while getting in to his boat. I sewed him up before a ride showed up to take him to the hospital; they redid all my work (final repairs required two layers of stitches and that's beyond my skill level) but they told him that what I did saved them a lot of time and wasted dead tissue by closing the wound so quckly like I did.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Well... oldest upped the ante and stabbed himself in the thigh yesterday. Huge knife that he uses for fishing and it went in about 3 inches. Husband and I were at work and oldest and youngest were home. 911 called...ambulance came...cleaned and stitched up...back home several hours later and now it's like taking care of a toddler again but who is 20 and almost 6 feet tall.
Upped it one more time and this one almost cost him his life. He decided it would be fun to film his friend doing donuts in his pick up. Son jumps in the bed of the truck and starts filming. You guessed it... halfway through the donut, son goes flying. Friend took him to the ER and only damage done was to his thumb.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Upped it one more time and this one almost cost him his life. He decided it would be fun to film his friend doing donuts in his pick up. Son jumps in the bed of the truck and starts filming. You guessed it... halfway through the donut, son goes flying. Friend took him to the ER and only damage done was to his thumb.
TikTok challenge? Glad he's ok.

TPD

the poor dad
ah ha! They were the ones doing donuts in my soybean field! I knew it would come out sooner or later...

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I have to say that the video he sent me was pretty funny now that I know he is ok. Friend asks him if he's ready. Son says yep. Engine revs up and truck starts to move. Then you hear panicked yelling and the video shuts off.
You should get him a cape for Xmas!!!!

gemma_rae

Momma was an engineering drafting clerk, we always had drafting tape around.

If you could stitch it, you could tape it. :yay: