American Horror Story

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
She gets the best lines. :lol:

DID YOU KNOW that Angela Bassett is 57 years old?? Holy cow! She looks amazing.

Kathy Bates was great in Harry's Law too. Should check that one out.

I thought Angela Bassett was in her 30s or something. She's definitely aged well.

DipStick

Definitely creepy, like Murder House.

Was gutted that they didn't have the opening credits. Always love those.

Not digging the docudrama format either.

Chris0nllyn

I thought it was good. The mockumentary angle is pretty cool and different. Not sure how I like it just yet.

The two girls at the end of the hallways gave me goosebumps. :lol:

I don't want to give it away, but the "creature" is a spinoff of a South Park episode. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's toned down from previous seasons and I like that. Hotel's sex and gore were so over the top that they came across as immature and gratuitous. Now it seems they're going for the traditional scare/suspense instead of the cringe factor.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Since I was falling asleep last night and thought things were screwy, I re-watched it again this evening. I wasn't wrong. They kept changing actors for the same parts. I am transfixed and will keep watching to see what happens next. As always. :lol:

glhs837

Power with Control
Since I was falling asleep last night and thought things were screwy, I re-watched it again this evening. I wasn't wrong. They kept changing actors for the same parts. I am transfixed and will keep watching to see what happens next. As always. :lol:

Hence the reference to documdrama, like a lot of the Investigation Discovery shows. The real people are preent in interviews, interspersed with recreations done by actors.

glhs837

Power with Control
Undecided here. The pigman thing was cool, as was the string mobile. The husband is bugging me a bit. And the "Yeah, I got a gun, but when the intruders come around, I'll leave that locked up and grab a wrench or some crap" sister sort of blew me away. Like any cop in the history of cops EVER said that :)

DipStick

I like it so far.

Roanoke seems to have brought back the scare from Murder House.

The docudrama thing really is the biggest drawback so far. But, it gives Lily Rabe plenty of airtime so that's a plus.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How was last nights episode? I'll watch it this afternoon.

Shark jump alert. One stupid situation/reaction after another. These people are so stupid that I'd only watch to see them all die, but since they are narrating the documentary I know they won't.

Post after you've seen it so I can bitch and mock without spoiling it for you.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Shark jump alert. One stupid situation/reaction after another. These people are so stupid that I'd only watch to see them all die, but since they are narrating the documentary I know they won't.

Post after you've seen it so I can bitch and mock without spoiling it for you.

:lol: okay!