American Horror Story

glhs837

Power with Control
Shark jump alert. One stupid situation/reaction after another. These people are so stupid that I'd only watch to see them all die, but since they are narrating the documentary I know they won't.

Post after you've seen it so I can bitch and mock without spoiling it for you.

Yep, when faced with obviously dangerous crap, you make poor choices every time, not watching.

Chris0nllyn

I get the idea of it being a show, but it's like that commercial where the group of people are in a horror movie and they hide behind the wall pf chainsaws vs. going to the running car.

Just dumb.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Shark jump alert. One stupid situation/reaction after another. These people are so stupid that I'd only watch to see them all die, but since they are narrating the documentary I know they won't.

I hope they turn this docudrama script on its head and either something happens to the "actors" when they're filming the documentary or something happens to the people as they're narrating it.

I've enjoyed it so much though. It's like Murder House, with a little bit of The Shining and The Blair Witch Project thrown in.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hope they turn this docudrama script on its head and either something happens to the "actors" when they're filming the documentary or something happens to the people as they're narrating it.

I've enjoyed it so much though. It's like Murder House, with a little bit of The Shining and The Blair Witch Project thrown in.

Lee bringing her daughter to a house where weird scary crap is going on was just stupid. Lee herself is stupid and a waste of Angela Bassett.

Shelby is that PTA mom you want to slap, with her gluten allergies and yoga "business" and general touchy feely baby girl idiocy.

Cuba Gooding Jr is way too hot and cool to be playing that dweeb.

The stereotypes are way WAY over the top. The Carolina neighbors, for example. The cops. Etc.

What I do like is that the "real" people are plain looking and somewhat stupid, while the actors playing them are good looking and more attractive in general. For example, notice Lily Rabe wears no makeup and looks mousy and boring, but Sarah Paulson is made up, dressed, and beautiful. That lends a touch of realism that I like.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I haven't decided yet. I'll watch it again sometime this weekend. I'm sure I'll keep up with the series.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I just finished last nights episode. That stepped things up! Loving Kathy Bates!
The season got much better once she joined. Last night's episode was great, too. I read up on the Lost Colony of Roanoke and that was pretty fascinating.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The season got much better once she joined. Last night's episode was great, too. I read up on the Lost Colony of Roanoke and that was pretty fascinating.

I'll watch it this evening. I have heard about the lost colony for years. Interesting...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I'll watch it this evening. I have heard about the lost colony for years. Interesting...
I wound up watching it twice as I missed parts the first time while herding cats. :lol:

I remember learning about the colony in school many years ago so it was good to refresh my memory. :yay: