Ammo...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...Loudon Guns in Leesburg...
PSA:

Loudoun Guns Inc

Buddy was just there. Cases, plural, of .45. I forgot to ask how much. My personality test says I don't ask enough questions. :stupid:

He did, however, pay $14/50 on 9mm

They also have .223 but, unless you have a spare arm and leg...

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Nice, I just paid close to $19 for 50 9mm in a ziplock baggy from Freds!! I asked for 2 they said one bag a day. Felt like I was doing a drug deal... Headed to Dicks Sporting Goods next, the shelves were bare, the guy said people line up 30+ deep outside on shipment days!

I'll be SO glad when this hype blows over.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Nice, I just paid close to $19 for 50 9mm in a ziplock baggy from Freds!! I asked for 2 they said one bag a day. Felt like I was doing a drug deal... Headed to Dicks Sporting Goods next, the shelves were bare, the guy said people line up 30+ deep outside on shipment days!

I'll be SO glad when this hype blows over.

:lol:

Yeah, apparently, Loudon will sell you what they have.

sockgirl77

PSA:

Loudoun Guns Inc

Buddy was just there. Cases, plural, of .45. I forgot to ask how much. My personality test says I don't ask enough questions. :stupid:

Fred's in Waldorf has .223 for $10.99 and Greentop in VA has it for $13. Both have a one box limit.

Fred's also has .22 in stock and nobody else does. Box says $3.19, but it rings up $2.99. One box limit as well.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I just paid .46 a rd for 9mm FMJ from Lucky Gunners, seems as though I could have got it cheaper locally and would not have to buy 1000 to get a better price on it.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
That's not too bad per round...

Sounds reasonable, but what brand/manufacturer, and is there the potential to mess up your gun? I'd rather, and do, pay about $1 or less per round of known quality for plinking, to ensure that decent rounds go through the chamber and barrel.

The price is what it is for now. Your guns may not be after firing really cheap ammo.

mamatutu

mama to two
My husband was on the way home from a business trip last week, and saw a gun store in Delaware, and made a spur of the moment stop. He has been wanting 30 round magazines, but could not find them. The store said they got a 100 in the day before, and there were 6 left. He bought 2.

Last edited:

Hank

my war
My husband was on the way home from a business trip last week, and saw a gun store in Delaware, and made a spur of the moment stop. He has been wanting 30 round magazines, but could not find them. The store said they got a 100 in the day before, and there were 6 left. He bought 2.

scary

Vince

PSA:

Loudoun Guns Inc

$14 for 50 rounds on 9mm is cheap. Not shooting what .223 I have until prices go down. Still have an order for .44's that I haven't gotten yet. :doh:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Sounds reasonable, but what brand/manufacturer, and is there the potential to mess up your gun? I'd rather, and do, pay about $1 or less per round of known quality for plinking, to ensure that decent rounds go through the chamber and barrel.

The price is what it is for now. Your guns may not be after firing really cheap ammo.

I was actually trying to make a joke...$10.99...a round. Considering I sell flowers for a living and not too great at that...

In any event, correct me if I am wrong; as long as you are using decent propellant, you're basically good to go, yes?
As I understand it, it's not a big deal to mass produce decent quality rounds cheap.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
$14 for 50 rounds on 9mm is cheap. Not shooting what .223 I have until prices go down. Still have an order for .44's that I haven't gotten yet. :doh:

With a little luck, these guys will WAY over shoot the pier, so to speak, and the market will be flooded in 6 months.

Inkd

I was actually trying to make a joke...$10.99...a round. Considering I sell flowers for a living and not too great at that...

In any event, correct me if I am wrong; as long as you are using decent propellant, you're basically good to go, yes?
As I understand it, it's not a big deal to mass produce decent quality rounds cheap.

I've shot quite alot of "cheap" ammo in my Colt AR. Russian brown bear ammo shot better than PMC.

I've shot quite a few Russian brands of ammo with steel cases. Brass I've shot everything from Lake City to PMC bronze and never had a problem.

I had heard years ago when Wolf was just starting to get popular over here that the lacquer they used to keep the steel cases from corroding used to melt in a hot chamber and caused some extraction issues.

I also heard that the steel cases were causeing extractors to break. I guess that is reasonable if the cases were getting stuck in the chambers but personally, I've never had any issues so I can neither confirm nor deny.

I think you are in more danger of damaging a gun from using someone elses reloads.