Ammo...

Chris0nllyn

Just got a confirmation e-mail from Cabelas.

I ordered (2) 375 boxes of .22lr back in December.

It's finally on it's way.

abcxyz

Dick's in Waldorf has had .223 Winchester ballistic sivertip in stock for the past week or so. $29.99 per 20

3 box limit. $30 is the same price it has been for the past year or so; just expensive stuff.

Yep and always sold out on line. Gotta be a reason. I bought a box of really cheap 9mm. They weighed like nothing. I was afraid to hold them by the case because I thought they might crush.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's the good stuff though. I wouldn't have a lot, but some would be nice. Practice with the cheap stuff, save the good stuff.... ok, it's bad. :lol:

No sez I. Party with what you drink alone. Practice with what you're gonna bet your life on. Familiar, familiar, familiar. I don't want any feed, or failure to feed, surprises, no +p or ++p or +pp shocks when I'm used to the satisfying, if unspectacular, BANG of 850 fps. Or some hollow point weirdness or whatever.

Just my view.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
No sez I. Party with what you drink alone. Practice with what you're gonna bet your life on. Familiar, familiar, familiar. I don't want any feed, or failure to feed, surprises, no +p or ++p or +pp shocks when I'm used to the satisfying, if unspectacular, BANG of 850 fps. Or some hollow point weirdness or whatever.

Just my view.

That is definitely how I deal with my handguns. For the 7.62 x 54 rifles though, I can drive tacks at 200 yards with whatever I can buy, and I can hit some respectable groups at 600 yards with the same.

And yet people are paying almost as much for 22LR.!! Forty county fairs and a goat breeding contest and I've never seen the likes in my life.

Just my view.

Of course you have to try some. I'm guessing you won't have many probs with the good stuff. Not a lot more accuracy, but some. Especially longer ranges. With a .223 I'm talking 200yds. All I really care about since I only thing I have a scope on is the .270. I don't do .223 anyway. That's my boys gun. He went and had fun with the 500+ rounds I had bought. He is now digging holes for me and refilling.