Ammo...

Chris0nllyn

All this ammo talk makes me want to go to the range.....

Maybe a good weekend to go to Myrtle Grove.....

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

I need to restock before I FINALLY get my gun. Seems as if someone shot my ammo while off work for a day. :lol:

Better stock up for those furlough days! :lol:

How long has it been? I know MSP says their up to about 40-45 days backlog, with rumors reaching up to 100 days.

This is why I like face to face transfers of regulated firearms.

Meet the person at ther police barracks, fill out your paperwork, wait 8 days, meet person, get gun, wait for your form to come in the mail, meet back up and sign the remaining paper.

That's how I did my last transfer of a handgun.

sockgirl77

Better stock up for those furlough days! :lol:

How long has it been? I know MSP says their up to about 40-45 days backlog, with rumors reaching up to 100 days.

This is why I like face to face transfers of regulated firearms.

Meet the person at ther police barracks, fill out your paperwork, wait 8 days, meet person, get gun, wait for your form to come in the mail, meet back up and sign the remaining paper.

That's how I did my last transfer of a handgun.

A little over 2 weeks. :frown:

Chris0nllyn

A little over 2 weeks. :frown:

Only about 3 more weeks to go!

Technically, I believe FFL dealers have to give ther gun to the owner after 7 days.

MSP not getting it done fast enough is not excuse.

Not to mention the 7 day wait is an old, arbitrary law.

Midnightrider

Only about 3 more weeks to go!

Technically, I believe FFL dealers have to give ther gun to the owner after 7 days.

MSP not getting it done fast enough is not excuse.

Not to mention the 7 day wait is an old, arbitrary law.

they dont "have to" do anything, its just that some are choosing to release the guns after 7-10 days have passed. From what i understand the state and feds frown on release prior to the paperwork being finished

Chris0nllyn

I will have to google this. I really want my gun. I already know that my record is clean. :lol:

It's up to the FFL. Most don't do it, because they don't want to risk losing their license. I think Bob's in Calloway mentioned he would release the gun after 10 days, no matter if the paperwork came back or not.

they dont "have to" do anything, its just that some are choosing to release the guns after 7-10 days have passed. From what i understand the state and feds frown on release prior to the paperwork being finished

Under Maryland law, if the state police do not complete a background check within seven days, a gun dealer is technically allowed to turn the gun over to the customer. Under federal law, however, the gun dealer could lose their federal firearms license if they release a gun without confirmation from the state police that the customer passed the federal background check.

I got my most recent gun after 8 days.

The trooper told me not to expect the paperwork to come in the mail for about 45 days.

Midnightrider

It's up to the FFL. Most don't do it, because they don't want to risk losing their license. I think Bob's in Calloway mentioned he would release the gun after 10 days, no matter if the paperwork came back or not.

Under Maryland law, if the state police do not complete a background check within seven days, a gun dealer is technically allowed to turn the gun over to the customer. Under federal law, however, the gun dealer could lose their federal firearms license if they release a gun without confirmation from the state police that the customer passed the federal background check.

I got my most recent gun after 8 days.

The trooper told me not to expect the paperwork to come in the mail for about 45 days.

I understand bob is no longer doing that at the request of the ATF