Ammo...

sockgirl77

The cabinet at Walmart was completely empty yesterday.

Got one box of .223 last Saturday morning just after their shipment was put on the shelf. I reeeeeeeeally think that the employees are hoarding for their buddies OR they're telling their buddies when it's there so they are first in line.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Got one box of .223 last Saturday morning just after their shipment was put on the shelf. I reeeeeeeeally think that the employees are hoarding for their buddies OR they're telling their buddies when it's there so they are first in line.

I think you're right, they have so many employees, I can just imagine how many put the word out letting friends know when they will be stocking. That cabinet is always empty, but when I ask, it's always "we get a shipment next week".

sockgirl77

I think you're right, they have so many employees, I can just imagine how many put the word out letting friends know when they will be stocking. That cabinet is always empty, but when I ask, it's always "we get a shipment next week".

The bf called damn near every day for a month at 10pm. They told him that the ammo would be stocked at 730am. He'd get there and it would be gone. This is freakin Walmart, not some Podunk gunshop.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Another article

Local law enforcement agencies across the country are facing an ammo shortage, as gun owners concerned about new laws at the federal and state level stock up on firearms and bullets.

At the same time, the Department of Homeland Security has said it wants to buy more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition in the next four or five years -- which could put further strain on the supply.

Read more: Local law enforcement face ammo shortage as gun owners, DHS stock up | Fox News

Crow Bait

Fred's in Waldorf has .223 for $10.99 and Greentop in VA has it for $13. Both have a one box limit.

Fred's also has .22 in stock and nobody else does. Box says $3.19, but it rings up $2.99. One box limit as well.

Does Fred's still record your ammo purchases in an ammo log?

If anybody sees .22LR in 500 round bricks anywhere, please let me know. Local Boy Scout council goes thru 100K rounds in a summer of summer camp. They only have 50K rounds right now.

sockgirl77

If anybody sees .22LR in 500 round bricks anywhere, please let me know. Local Boy Scout council goes thru 100K rounds in a summer of summer camp. They only have 50K rounds right now.

There's a gun show in Chantily in a month.

abcxyz

Wonder how many people are holding off on donations until the Scouts make a ruling on gays? I've heard some chatter about that very issue from several different groups of people.

sockgirl77

Wonder how many people are holding off on donations until the Scouts make a ruling on gays? I've heard some chatter about that very issue from several different groups of people.

Find that thread and post about this in it.

sockgirl77

It's rare to find ammo cheaper at a gun show. I can find it cheaper on line....if you can find it at all right now.

A friend of mine told me that he spent quite a bit of money at the last gun show. I'd like to buy a brick right now, but with this damn furlough I think I'll just wait.

Turns out they were notified yesterday that their order has been processed. They will have the ammo before camp starts. All good.

IggyPop

SMIB
I watch Cabela's website daily. They seem to be getting a pretty good stock now. This morning, I ordered a 525 round box of Remington .22lr.

They limit you to one box of ammo....so choose wisely...lol

Vince

I watch Cabela's website daily. They seem to be getting a pretty good stock now. This morning, I ordered a 525 round box of Remington .22lr.

They limit you to one box of ammo....so choose wisely...lol
Ammoman, Sportsmans Guide, Cabelas, cheaperthandirt, etc. All good sites for ammo, but nowadays you're limited on the amount.....if you can get it at all. It will let up in about 6 months when the manufacturers catch up with the demand. Same thing happened when obama got elected the first time.

sockgirl77

Ammoman, Sportsmans Guide, Cabelas, cheaperthandirt, etc. All good sites for ammo, but nowadays you're limited on the amount.....if you can get it at all. It will let up in about 6 months when the manufacturers catch up with the demand. Same thing happened when obama got elected the first time.

Cheaperthandirt is a ripoff. They are not cheaperthananyone. Sportsmans Guide has pissed me off. I paid the $29.99 to become a member and the past two things that I've ordered have been backordered. One was a jacket that is backordered until AUGUST!

Vince

Cheaperthandirt is a ripoff. They are not cheaperthananyone. Sportsmans Guide has pissed me off. I paid the $29.99 to become a member and the past two things that I've ordered have been backordered. One was a jacket that is backordered until AUGUST!
Never ordered from cheaperthandirt. Most of the time I've gotten mine from Sportsmans Guide and they've always delivered until now.....when the run on ammo started, no one is getting much.

sockgirl77

Never ordered from cheaperthandirt. Most of the time I've gotten mine from Sportsmans Guide and they've always delivered until now.....when the run on ammo started, no one is getting much.

I haven't ordered ammo from either. I cancelled my jacket order because I hope to be a smaller size by August. I ordered a run for my gun that will be in stock in a few days. The bf ordered 7 or 8 things the week after Xmas and only one thing came in when it was supposed to. The others came in about 3 weeks later.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I've shot quite a few Russian brands of ammo with steel cases. Brass I've shot everything from Lake City to PMC bronze and never had a problem.

Lacquer was never an issue for my SKS or AK ... dumping repeated 75 rnd drum mags, FA or Semi :whistle:

Tula has Aluminum cased ammo now