And the Skins are off...

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'm thinking we watched two different games yesterday.

First three possessions (two resulting in the blessing of turnovers) resulted in one field goal in the red zone. All three should have been TDs as easily as they went down field. They blew all three timeouts in the first quarter (two within the first 5 minutes of the quarter). Poor clock management. Given the stats the score should have been at least 41 – 24 and that doesn’t count the two Suisham missed. They came through in the end. Squeaked one out. Was not a concise win. They lack emotion and fire. They look flat. Defense looked great, especially Horton. I hope he can keep it up and it’s not like a fluke like McIntosh. Campbell is lucky he has a line that is able to keep the D off of him with his indecisiveness. I’m telling you he’s going to get hurt. Portis did fair with only 4.5 yards per carry. Betts did as well and got the ball far less. I’m not sure why they feel Portis is so key here when Betts obviously shows he is a better play-maker. It has to have something to do with contract and he has a quota to meet. I’m quite sure that was a big money Snydie deal. I give Portis about half way through the season until he and Jansen are hurt.

First three possessions (two resulting in the blessing of turnovers) resulted in one field goal in the red zone. All three should have been TDs as easily as they went down field. They blew all three timeouts in the first quarter (two within the first 5 minutes of the quarter). Poor clock management. Given the stats the score should have been at least 41 – 24 and that doesn’t count the two Suisham missed. They came through in the end. Squeaked one out. Was not a concise win. They lack emotion and fire. They look flat. Defense looked great, especially Horton. I hope he can keep it up and it’s not like a fluke like McIntosh. Campbell is lucky he has a line that is able to keep the D off of him with his indecisiveness. I’m telling you he’s going to get hurt. Portis did fair with only 4.5 yards per carry. Betts did as well and got the ball far less. I’m not sure why they feel Portis is so key here when Betts obviously shows he is a better play-maker. It has to have something to do with contract and he has a quota to meet. I’m quite sure that was a big money Snydie deal. I give Portis about half way through the season until he and Jansen are hurt.

Go be a Dallas fan. :howdy:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

...but this team, with all the new parts and Campbells constant starting over, is looking for a catalyst, a starting point.

Portis, who I don't like, played well yesterday and is a better back than Betts. Play 'em both sez I.

Jason picked up his tempo in the second half. He looked more like he was attacking. That's the catalyst.

PsyOps

Pixelated
...but this team, with all the new parts and Campbells constant starting over, is looking for a catalyst, a starting point.

Campbell IS the catalyst. But not yet.

Portis, who I don't like, played well yesterday and is a better back than Betts. Play 'em both sez I.

If Betts had as much play-time as Portis, Betts would run Portis off the field. I watch Betts blast through the line with real explosiveness. I watch Portis sit back behind blockers waiting for a good block keeping the ball in a speed prohibitive tight tuck in both arms with a real fear that he is going to go back into his fumblitis days. No real explosiveness like we see with Betts. Betts makes the exciting plays that aren’t always dependent on a hole the size of a mac truck.

Jason picked up his tempo in the second half. He looked more like he was attacking. That's the catalyst.

I would have liked to see this in the first half. In the first quarter. Three easy TDs squandered. He threw a lot of passes away. He waits too long to find a receiver. With a better defense (as we saw with the Giants) he will get pounded play after play because of his slow decision-making.

They got a win, barely. Even with that I saw no real spark from the team. Now we get to wait for more antics from Portis; more self-absorbed juvenile behavior that detracts from the rest of the team.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No...

Campbell IS the catalyst. But not yet.

...Campbell is not the catalyst. The catalyst would be a number of things going right, starting with the second half yesterday, that provides the confidence for everyone to play just a little quicker, to react just a little sooner, to hit instead of being hit.

BuddyLee

Football addict

If Betts had as much play-time as Portis, Betts would run Portis off the field. I watch Betts blast through the line with real explosiveness. I watch Portis sit back behind blockers waiting for a good block keeping the ball in a speed prohibitive tight tuck in both arms with a real fear that he is going to go back into his fumblitis days. No real explosiveness like we see with Betts. Betts makes the exciting plays that aren’t always dependent on a hole the size of a mac truck.
Betts has flashes but can't touch Portis. I don't know what games you watch Bud.

Waiting for blocks is what you're supposed to do. A la the two touchdowns he scored.:jet: Holding onto the ball is what you're supposed to do.:jet: Portis skimmed through the smallest of holes yesterday. I was there, I had 10 different angles telling me as much.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Betts has flashes but can't touch Portis. I don't know what games you watch Bud.

Waiting for blocks is what you're supposed to do. A la the two touchdowns he scored.:jet: Holding onto the ball is what you're supposed to do.:jet: Portis skimmed through the smallest of holes yesterday. I was there, I had 10 different angles telling me as much.

My angle on this is he is supposed to be their BIG PLAY guy. He’s not. His running is meager at best. There are rare occasions of a 10 – MAYBE – 20 yard run. So far he has his longest at 23 yards. Last year his longest was a meager 32 yards with an average of 3.9 yards. Hardly a premier running back. When was the last time he really broke one loose? I thought that’s what he got the big bucks to do. He has spent a great deal of his Redskins career injured. The other larger percentage he spent fumbling the ball. Now he plays it safe. Sure he gets the yards when needed (sometimes), but that’s what Betts and the other RBs are for. I used to brag about his patience as a runner but now I’m just seeing him riding the line’s back for one or two instead of finding the hole and break out with his so-called speed. Game one he average 3.7 yards; game two 4.6. Perhaps my expectations of him are unfair, but he should put his money where his fat mouth is and stop all the talk and start performing.

As you can tell I am a little fed up with the clowns antics from him and the lack of “team” from the Skins. If you’re winning that’s one thing; if you’re not… shut up and play.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Man...

My angle on this is he is supposed to be their BIG PLAY guy. He’s not. His running is meager at best. There are rare occasions of a 10 – MAYBE – 20 yard run. So far he has his longest at 23 yards. Last year his longest was a meager 32 yards with an average of 3.9 yards. Hardly a premier running back. When was the last time he really broke one loose? I thought that’s what he got the big bucks to do. He has spent a great deal of his Redskins career injured. The other larger percentage he spent fumbling the ball. Now he plays it safe. Sure he gets the yards when needed (sometimes), but that’s what Betts and the other RBs are for. I used to brag about his patience as a runner but now I’m just seeing him riding the line’s back for one or two instead of finding the hole and break out with his so-called speed. Game one he average 3.7 yards; game two 4.6. Perhaps my expectations of him are unfair, but he should put his money where his fat mouth is and stop all the talk and start performing.

As you can tell I am a little fed up with the clowns antics from him and the lack of “team” from the Skins. If you’re winning that’s one thing; if you’re not… shut up and play.

...you are bitter. You know we won yesterday, right? And CP had two td's and about 100 on 20, right?

Xaquin44

...have all got to be on cloud nine right now and kudos to Rogers for weathering this storm and playing just fantastic.

next week will be tough I think. (Cowboys are doing ok this year so far right? I don't really follow other teams too much)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Cowboys...

next week will be tough I think. (Cowboys are doing ok this year so far right? I don't really follow other teams too much)

...will MURDER the Eagles tonight and then, next week, you get to find out how good you are.

:buddies:

Cowboys 2008 = Darth Vader BEFORE the DethStar got blowed up.

BuddyLee

Football addict
...you are bitter. You know we won yesterday, right? And CP had two td's and about 100 on 20, right?
I think he has a man-crush on Betts.

That guy catches one ball. Runs one ball. Fumbles the next ball.

Portis IS the guy. NFL Network should replay this game in a few days. Psy, make sure you watch how hard this guy runs, especially near the goal-line.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't like...

I think he has a man-crush on Betts.

That guy catches one ball. Runs one ball. Fumbles the next ball.

Portis IS the guy. NFL Network should replay this game in a few days. Psy, make sure you watch how hard this guy runs, especially near the goal-line.

...CP but he is a WARRIOR on the field. He BRINGS it.