And the Skins are off...

Otter

Nothing to see here
Marion Barber gets two touchdowns and barely 60+ yards with a 3.5 yard per carry average and is the next E. Smith.

Thats the point I was thinking earlier when someone was spouting that Barber was the next Emmit.

CP is a better than average RB, top 10 of the runners in the league, the No.1 blocking halfback in the league. Can't blame CP that Snyder is in love with him and gave him top money. CP hasn't played behind a great run blocking line since he left Denver, yet he has piled up some yards. I didn't agree with the trade when we got CP and I would never agree with it even if he was the top runner in the league. Gibbs felt that Champ Bailey was a bad apple and wanted him gone, I agree with Gibbs on Bailey, but, in this league you never get rid of a top corner if you can help it.

CP is not a major problem on this team; I like Betts, but he has had too many bad fumbles. We got other things to worry about than the running backs.

BuddyLee

Football addict
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Rookie safety Chris Horton has been named the NFC defensive player of the week, the NFL announced this afternoon.

"I want to thank the National Football League for this tremendous honor," Horton said in a statement released by the league. "I feel truly blessed to have the game that I did last Sunday. My coaches prepared me and had enough confidence in me to give me this opportunity. I give the credit to my teammates who forced those turnovers and put me in a position to make plays."

Horton was sensational in his debut as a starter (he played briefly in a season-opening loss to the New York Giants), intercepting two passes, being credited with two solo tackles and recovering a fumble in Washington's 29-24 victory. His second interception of Saints quarterback Drew Brees in the fourth quarter all but sealed the Redskins' first victory of the season and the first win for rookie head coach Jim Zorn.

"He had a tremendous day out there," LaRon Landry said. "He did everything I thought he would do." Horton, selected in the seventh round from UCLA, is the first Redskins rookie with two interceptions and a fumble recovery in the same game since Brig Owens in 1966, according to the team's public relations office.

Shortly before kickoff against the Saints, safeties coach Steve Jackson pulled Horton aside and told him he would make his first NFL start because strong safety Reed Doughty had flu-like symptoms.

In the FedEx Field locker room, Jackson and Landry told Horton the game would be unlike what he had experienced in the preseason.

"Coach Jack and I told him, 'Look, the speed is totally different now. You've got to go out there and really ball,'" Landry recalled. "He said, 'Don't worry about this. I got this. I'm good. I'm good.' That's what he kept saying. You know what? He was right."<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
:yay:

Otter

Nothing to see here
There's something to be said for being in the right place at the right time. 2 ints, both popped into the air by another player. A fumble that seemed to lay there FOREVER before he picked it up. Taking nothing away from him, but that was a dream game from heaven for him. Good for him :yay:

BuddyLee

Football addict
There's something to be said for being in the right place at the right time. 2 ints, both popped into the air by another player. A fumble that seemed to lay there FOREVER before he picked it up. Taking nothing away from him, but that was a dream game from heaven for him. Good for him :yay:
Too bad he won't be starting next week. Hopefully he'll be good depth for the future.

Not bad for a 7th round pick though.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Just a little more insight on Portis.

Portis is 30th on the all-time NFL rushing TD list with 65 (tied with HOFers like Thurman Thomas, more than Larry Csonka, Lenny Moore, OJ Simpson).

All at age 27.

Also, he's 5th all-time in yards/game in NFL. Only Brown, Sanders, Terrell Davis, and LT have more.

With the two touchdowns in Sunday's game he passes Larry Brown for 4th in all-time TD's for Redskins running backs. He has a chance to be 2nd on the list this season, surpassing Stephen Davis.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Just a little more insight on Portis.

Portis is 30th on the all-time NFL rushing TD list with 65 (tied with HOFers like Thurman Thomas, more than Larry Csonka, Lenny Moore, OJ Simpson).

All at age 27.

Also, he's 5th all-time in yards/game in NFL. Only Brown, Sanders, Terrell Davis, and LT have more.

With the two touchdowns in Sunday's game he passes Larry Brown for 4th in all-time TD's for Redskins running backs. He has a chance to be 2nd on the list this season, surpassing Stephen Davis.

Alright, alright... Portis is the NFL's man to be reckoned with. Guess he's been worth every penny of that $50.5 mil. Not going to do one stink of good without a team to back him up.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Alright, alright... Portis is the NFL's man to be reckoned with. Guess he's been worth every penny of that $50.5 mil. Not going to do one stink of good without a team to back him up.

He's worth it to Snyder, that has nothing to do with his ball playing skills.